Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 03:04 PM

TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold

TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold TRDHULK is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AIRDAM View Post
You only have a few options:

1) cut to fit, you can "squeeze" a 33" in there but its touching the forward hangers and the trailer hitch, if you want to fit a 35 you are likely going to have to notch the trailer hitch and cut the little hangers off the front near the rear end as well or its just not gonna fit unless it hangs WAY down. I have our 305/50-20 spare under ours and it is SNUG and it hangs way down past the hitch. I have a 285/60-18 (31.6x11.2) on my 4th gen which seems like it fits much better, i bet you could swing a 34ish under a 4th gen, but the 5th gen is tight tight with that 305/50-20 (32.3x12.1)

2) put it on the roof and show it off and hope you dont ever have to pull it down.

3) go old'school early 90s suburban and put it in the back against the rear side glass, a 35x12.50 is going to take up a ton of room but it will fit, i just measured.

4) the tire swing outs will allow you to fit whatever you want, but it will impact the look of the vehicle tremendously. Do not recommend.
Thanks for the reply!

1. I'm going to look into this, but ultimately even if I can find a way for it to fit in OEM location, it will hang way low and hurt departure angles a lot.

2. Wont be able to fit it my garage. I beat on it but at the end of the day its a garage queen lol.

3. This is a decent solution, but seems unsafe, unless there's a cool mounting solution I have not seen yet. The old Excursions were done this way. Not a bad idea, but would be unsafe unless properly mounted, which sounds like some screwing into the floor may be required.

4. I'm sure this is the route I will have to go, but just have not found a solution I like. I want it snug to the lift gate. I want a rear camera relocate that actually works well. I don't want it to look like an after thought. I might be SOL
Auxito, Diode Dynamics, Insta360, Ghost Mount, Giraffe Tools, and more
TRDHULK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote