Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 06:39 PM

jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough

jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr4runner View Post
I currenly drive 2022 Ascent but considering switching to 2024 4runner as it's been one of my favourite cars.

I also have 3 kids (all girls age 5, 8, 10) and when we go camping, they all sit in 2nd row and all our cargo fits behind the 2nd row without needing (yet) to roof rack box or carriers. Based on specs I see on internet, 4runner, at least on paper, offers more cargo capacity behind the 2nd row (47.2 cu ft) compared to Ascent (43.5 cu ft).

Also, in Canada, all 2024 4runner offers pretty much same safefy features found to Subaru Ascent (blind spot, auto-break, rear collison sensors, etc).

Do you think I would reget if I switch to 4runner? What other things should I double check/consider before switching? My wife is against switching but I really want to give the last V6 4runner a try.

BTW, Ascent is an excellent value 3row SUV if you compare all the features it offers compared to Pilot/Highlander/etc... usually $5~10k CAD cheaper and Subaru in Canada offers much lower interest rates even though all financing is offered by Toyota Financing...
I love the 4runner, but imo unless you need the 4runner to go offroad its not worth the tradeoff compared to what you have. Its slower, lower mpg and would gain you nothing unless you need the capability to go offroading in more places.