Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 09:06 AM

jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough

jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzizzi View Post
The 2024 TRD ORP W/KDSS I just bought is my fourth 4R, I have owned other brands of vehicles and nothing has the longevity and resale value of a 4R and a Tacoma, I just traded a 2020 TRD ORP W/KDSS and really didn't lose any money on this vehicle, as a matter of fact I paid $7K difference for a four year newer 4R
that the price has gone up over $10K on in the past four years.
I like my new 2024, seems like it's built better than my 2020, I also like the extra Cameras, heated steering wheel and Blind Spot Monitor, recalibrated radar cruise control and auto High beam work much better on this one.
One thing I am really happy about is the front left diff needle bearing noise that goes away when 4WD is engaged is totally non existent on this 2024.
I also noticed a bunch of other things about the 2024 that are better, brakes are better, seats seem more comfortable and power seats are smoother and not clunky like the 2020 seats. Stereo sounds better, doors close tighter, rear hatch opens and closes easier. LED Headlights and fog lights on the 2024 are leaps and bounds better. So when the 2025's come out I'll wait a couple of years and see how people like them and maybe trade again, if not, I'll just hang onto this one.
The main reason people buy these old school 4R's is the nostalgia, bullet proof reliability and resale value. The 4R has a cult like following kind of like a Airstream.

Other than TSS features, heated steering wheel, headlights and newer headunit everything else is the same so you are have having major placebo effects. The needle bearing is still a hit or miss issue as well and may or may not be a problem later. Things just may feel smoother/better because it is a brand new vehicle but its still the same parts off the same production line.