Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 07:08 AM

M1911 is on a distinguished road

M1911 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
I would opt for a hard top too if it were my daily driver. I would never have a wrangler or bronco as a daily. In my case I have an FJ40 as a toy and a side by side. Both are fun for a day on the trail, not fun for daily life. I would LOVE to have a new modern FJ40 that has all of the quality and reliability of new Toyota products. As much as I like my old FJ40 - it's 50 years old.

Toyota has 3 of the same size SUV now that are all functionally the same. 5 total if you count the Lexus as separate models. LC250 starts at a higher price than LC300. And the 4Runner top range models will be at or higher than the LC250 range.

There's room for Toyota to build an FJ Cruiser with a hard top or it could have been the 4Runner. It's not that they'd leave people like you or I behind who want a full cabin and nice highway manners. Just that they could offer a range of vehicles. I don't understand why they've chosen to make 3 versions of one segment instead of having a full range.

What would make sense to me - Fortuner/3rd gen 4runner size new 4Runner model that fills that segment at around 105" wheelbase, 2 row only. Then have the LC250 replace the 5th gen 4Runner segment right as it is now with the full range of models from base SR5 up to a TRD Pro. And add a 3rd model as a new FJ Cruiser that is removeable top, T top, or something like the 1st gen 4Runner top. Whatever it ends up as - it should not just be a stylized 4th version of the same product. There's just no reason for it to exist in that space unless it does something that the other 3 versions don't.
Toyota executives have said they will not build a short wheelbase off-roader for thebUS market, due to the large number of rollover lawsuits that resulted from the FJ Cruiser. And they haven’t sold a vehicle with a removable roof since the first gen 4Runner.

Toyota simply is not going to sell something like a 2-door Wrangler or Bronco in the US. If you want one of those, go buy one from the Jeep or Ford dealer.

Current: 2013 Land Cruiser
Gone: 2003 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD
M1911 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote