Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Brake Gremlin
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 10:35 AM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by werminghausen View Post
Hi Au,

Rock hard pedal meaning you had no brake booster at all.
You have a leak on the pressure side
In lack of a technical diagram of the unit it is unknown where the leakage might be located
1)hydraulic 3-cylinder pump/check valve being part of the pump so that pressurized fluid cannot flow backward,
2) accumulator super low on gas (cannot store much energy meaning any leakage is amplified by a weak accumulator) ,
3) downstream a potential leak on the pressure side toward the master cylinder.

Unfortunately I don't have any better information.,

Can you do these quick tests and see how well your system responds once pressurized?

test1:
Key in ignition position
press the brake pedal 3 times as a start.... after how many brake actions
does the motor come on. After 1, 2 or 3 pushes?
For instance after every second push you'll hear the motor. So you push 2 times...brake motor.... push 2 times...brake motor.

(my T4R has the 1-2 pattern. Every second pedal action the motor comes on)

test2
Key in ignition position
Push the brake pedal more often... say 10 times.
Does that trigger the low pressure alarm (all 4 dash lights plus alarm sound)?

(I can trigger the alarm after 6-8 pedal actions)

These tests don't tell you how leaky your pressure side is because these leaks are relatively slow - you said it takes overnight for all pressure to leak out.

But it can tell you probably about the basic condition of the brake health.

I am sure you will get rid of your symptoms with a new unit.
Martin
Martin,

I tried both already...BUT I'm have trouble even hearing the electric motor running, I have been noticing over the last year or so the motor kicking in more often, running longer than it should and it was nosier than is was in the past, I'm pretty sure the brushes are worn out and barely making contact and running must more slowly than it used too, hence why it takes 3 to 4 minutes to build up the pressure to stop the alarm and get the lights to go off.

All that said, it is 20 years old so I think I got more life out of it than I would of from any other manufacturer!

Last edited by AuSeeker; 04-27-2024 at 10:40 AM.
AuSeeker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote