Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 02:28 PM

blkexp98 is on a distinguished road

blkexp98 is on a distinguished road
Sherpa Rack Questions

So im about to pull the trigger on a Sherpa rack but had some last minute questions for those of you who have them.

1. Fairing types... I dont know what roof light bar I want to go with or if ill just skip it. If I went with the short fairing how bad is the wind noise with nothing where the light bar should be? I dont really want to buy a new fairing if I just went with the full height but if its bad enough I will.

2. What light bars have yall found to fit and work well and how did you route the wires to the roof? I see many people tuck them in the windshield strip but didnt know if there was a better way. I am in Arizona around Phoenix so its pretty open desert terrain.

3. Have any of you carried fuel up top? If so what tanks have you had good luck with not leaking and how did you carry them? Ive wanted to carry something like a 5 gallon tank sometimes but didnt have a good way. My 4runner is pretty much stock.

4. Are there any addons you wish you would have just bought when you ordered it?

Thanks for any help and feel free to post a picture of your setup if you want to.