Thread: Brake Gremlin
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 10:27 PM

werminghausen is on a distinguished road

werminghausen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSeeker View Post
Martin,

I tried both already...BUT I'm have trouble even hearing the electric motor running, I have been noticing over the last year or so the motor kicking in more often, running longer than it should and it was nosier than is was in the past, I'm pretty sure the brushes are worn out and barely making contact and running must more slowly than it used too, hence why it takes 3 to 4 minutes to build up the pressure to stop the alarm and get the lights to go off.

All that said, it is 20 years old so I think I got more life out of it than I would of from any other manufacturer!
Hi Au,

brake motor running for 3-4 minutes? Wow.... that is way too long.
motor and accumulator are in question.
tests: No engine is running for these tests. Only key in ignition, hood open and window down. You will hear the brake motor loud and clear, push the brake a couple of times and the el. motor starts and stops. It is very obvious and audible.
I asked the question a few times during the thread: how often does the motor start during normal braking... barely any answers, no data. The best I could understand was... Every third hit the motor typically starts, I hear the brake motor every second time at the moment.
I think people simply don't know. And I understand, why listening to that motor when the brakes work.

I got not a single answer from anyone if people can replicate this: Engine off, Key in ignition , Hit the brake for instance 10-15 times hard. Does the alarm come on?

"20 years old so I think I got more life out of it"
I have 3 old Mercedes, 32-54 years old with their original brakes...they all work so much better than the T4R breaks ... unfortunately.

Martin
werminghausen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote