Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 02:53 PM

gh25_ will become famous soon enough

gh25_ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath650 View Post
gh25 thanks for the detailed response! I think I'll have to go with your fix as I don't see any better alternative. I've been looking for another solution because I've never repinned anything, guess it's time to learn...

Of course! Glad I could help. And yeah honestly I don't think there is a better option lol. The only option is to try and get a used one but then your right back in square one with the old style MAF. With the updated airbox replacing the maf is actually even easier since it's just two little screws instead of having to take off the air tube. Honestly kinda unfortunate toyota designed it that way but oh well at least theres a fix. And BTW the re-pinning is super easy. All your doing basically is removing the pins from the plastic connector housing and changing them to a different location / hole in the connector. No soldering or anything. Just make sure to read the fourm about it or else it can be fustrating lol. I recently did a steering wheel swap in mine and after figuring out how the wires come out of the connectors it's easy now. There will be a bigger clip that holds the all pins in that you have to get out with a pick or really small screw driver and then the pins are still held in by little tabs on the connector so you just have to use your really small screw driver or pick again and tug on the wire your taking out and depress the little tab thing holding it in and the pins will come out.

@habenaro who is also on here has a great post on yotatech fourms with pictures of everything for the re-pin and showing taking out the pins. You can do it! Start at post #3327

habanero's 1996 4Runner Build-Up Thread - Page 167 - YotaTech Forums

Here's also a video a guy on youtube made who also did the re-pin.

1996 thru 1998 toyota 4runner cold air intake update + MAF repin - YouTube

Last edited by gh25_; 04-29-2024 at 03:01 PM.
gh25_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote