Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 07:27 PM

Sam369 is on a distinguished road

Sam369 is on a distinguished road
3rd gen 4 forerunner V6 running rich.

Hello everyone I recently ran into an issue where my forerunner stalled out at idle and smelled raw fuel coming from the engine air filter and gas smell from the exhaust. I had to tow it home that day because it would no longer turn on. I went and looked if there was any fuel in the intake manifold and there was but it wasn’t flooded. I decided I’d replace the fuel pressure regulator and so after I replaced that it turned on and no more fuel coming from the intake manifold. The issue now is that it’s still running rich and has smell of gas coming from the exhaust. I’m not sure where to go from here. I’m thinking it needs to burn off the gas off but not sure if there’s another issue causing it to run rich. Also doesn’t help that I don’t have any engine codes.
Sam369 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote