Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 12:52 AM

Zanz25 is on a distinguished road

Zanz25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenOfBodom View Post
Did you receive those weather seals? How'd they look?

I have an 87 turbo. Some years ago, it had an issue where startups took too many cranks and the cold idle was low and often stumbled enough to stall.

After a test using a voltmeter, it was apparent that the cold start injector thermo time switch (left side threaded sensor under intake) was out of spec.

I bought a Beck Arnley unit from RockAuto which luckily turned out to be a repackaged OEM part. The truck starts up instantly and idles up great.

Perhaps a quick check on that sensor could net some answers.

The poof of smoke on startup is characteristic of failed valve stem seals. Is it blue smoke?
So I've been slacking of late. I definitely have a cold start problem. Once up to temp, it runs strong, but still has a nasty exhaust smell.

Honestly, I do not know about the startup 'smoke. I believe its white, but I need to let the kid start it and watch.

Still getting minor back fire on decel, so I know I have some work to get to.
Zanz25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote