Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 02:41 PM

gh25_ will become famous soon enough

gh25_ will become famous soon enough
A few more upgrades - Finally got the rear shocks!

Finally got my hands on the rear 2.5 king shocks of course with the adjuster too haha. Recently my buddy splurged on a full king 2.5 set up on his 3rd gen Tacoma and his shocks had the adjusters. After seeing them I couldn't not get my shocks with the adjusters. Very worth! So stoked to be able to now have my 4Runner level again now that I have in the OME 906 coils in the rear. Gave me a perfect level now. She looks so much better. The squat in the rear was annoying lol. I can actually see out of my mirrors behind me now. Couple of other items I replaced while I was doing the rear shocks were the rear brake hose and I also put in some new whiteline poly bushings into my panhard bar. I put a 17in ext. rear Stainless brake hose in so even with the lift now the brake hose should be nice and happy. So happy to have the full king setup front and rear now. I took a picture comparing my old shocks to the new ones. The old ones I am pretty sure are the original shocks since they say toyota on them. They also don't return at all when you compress them. I compressed them last night and they are still like that Those things are old.

I also bought a set of the bushwacker fender flares finally and put them on. They look amazing. I've always wanted to have the limited style fender flares since I think they look the best but there was no way to add them to a truck that didn't have them. These were my best option. I used 3M super strength molding tape for the door fender flares. Bushwacker wants you to self tapper into the door, and I said no way! The tape has held up great I don't think they are coming off. I also got an additional set of 2in pod lights down low for some fog lights. I've been wanting to add some fogs down low for a while so I bought some GGlighting pods since they are a local company. They are quite bright and do a good job! Now... what's next?
Attached Images
My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4722-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4734-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4729-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4733-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4731-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4737-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4739-jpg  My 1998 4Runner thread-img_4744-jpg 

Last edited by gh25_; 05-06-2024 at 03:00 PM.
gh25_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote