User Tag List
Tyler James Inc, ugamurph

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 213 votes, 2.71 average. Display Modes
Old 09-14-2021, 10:30 PM #32821
Devbot's Avatar
Devbot Devbot is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Monroe, WA
Posts: 1,167
Real Name: Devan
Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice
Devbot Devbot is online now
Senior Member
Devbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Monroe, WA
Posts: 1,167
Real Name: Devan
Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrwin View Post


and done:

You design it yourself?? Looks super good!
__________________
Y2K Highlander Millennium Silver 3.4L auto @ 295k and climbing
Tundra TRD Lift in Front / LC Lift in Rear / JBA UCAs / CVJ 9168R Axles / Diff Drop / PCK / Extended Bump Stops; Brake Lines; Sway Bar Links; Rear Diff Breather / True North Fab. Hybrid Bumper / Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 Comp. / Northstar 880CCA AGM / Drivelines NW Rear Shaft / Lil Skip Gas Skid / BudBuilt Front Skid
Devbot is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:06 PM #32822
Breaker Bar's Avatar
Breaker Bar Breaker Bar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Patterson,CA
Posts: 38
Real Name: Jarrod
Breaker Bar is on a distinguished road
Breaker Bar Breaker Bar is offline
Member
Breaker Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Patterson,CA
Posts: 38
Real Name: Jarrod
Breaker Bar is on a distinguished road
Got my bajarack yesterday. Took the old rails off, cleaned everything up, and bolted it up. No idea why my photos uploaded all wonky
Attached Images
What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?-a007dc57-9d3e-4a45-a9c4-cf94b40a7d70-jpeg  What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?-57750d27-4a7f-47aa-a8f7-e1ff44d5c14b-jpg  What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?-866002f1-5992-4d93-a9a2-352cd80af7a7-jpg  What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?-aafdccda-107d-498c-9a3e-d2b480ca8aed-jpeg  What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?-a6359056-8491-434e-8791-b264566ee59d-jpeg 
__________________
96 5-spd w/E-locker, SS1.2 lift, JBA UCAs, 1 BL, Other stuff
Breaker Bar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:45 AM #32823
Keez Piano Keez Piano is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: California
Posts: 12
Keez Piano is on a distinguished road
Keez Piano Keez Piano is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: California
Posts: 12
Keez Piano is on a distinguished road
suspension work

Stabilizer bars
Keez Piano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:47 AM #32824
Keez Piano Keez Piano is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: California
Posts: 12
Keez Piano is on a distinguished road
Keez Piano Keez Piano is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: California
Posts: 12
Keez Piano is on a distinguished road
steering rack

The tires guys caught my tie rod and steering went mushy. Changed the rack.
Still has sway
Keez Piano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:36 PM #32825
Brian.'s Avatar
Brian. Brian. is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 594
Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice
Brian. Brian. is online now
Member
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 594
Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice
New shoes... opted for more road-biased A/T's with the Continental TerrainContact's. Much quieter on road than the previous HT (some cheap off-brand the PO installed). Wife was a little shocked at the change, but I think she's over that now.



My little 4 month old helper is Scully, the Irish Setter. Every bit as much trouble as you'd expect a redheaded irish lass to be too.
__________________
'99 Limited 4x4, Millenium Silver ~ Maintenance Thread
Brian. is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:50 PM #32826
Devbot's Avatar
Devbot Devbot is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Monroe, WA
Posts: 1,167
Real Name: Devan
Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice
Devbot Devbot is online now
Senior Member
Devbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Monroe, WA
Posts: 1,167
Real Name: Devan
Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice Devbot is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian. View Post
New shoes... opted for more road-biased A/T's with the Continental TerrainContact's. Much quieter on road than the previous HT (some cheap off-brand the PO installed). Wife was a little shocked at the change, but I think she's over that now.



My little 4 month old helper is Scully, the Irish Setter. Every bit as much trouble as you'd expect a redheaded irish lass to be too.
What a precious little baby
__________________
Y2K Highlander Millennium Silver 3.4L auto @ 295k and climbing
Tundra TRD Lift in Front / LC Lift in Rear / JBA UCAs / CVJ 9168R Axles / Diff Drop / PCK / Extended Bump Stops; Brake Lines; Sway Bar Links; Rear Diff Breather / True North Fab. Hybrid Bumper / Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 Comp. / Northstar 880CCA AGM / Drivelines NW Rear Shaft / Lil Skip Gas Skid / BudBuilt Front Skid
Devbot is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:49 AM #32827
3bears 3bears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: north east Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 2,674
Real Name: 3 Bears
3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light
3bears 3bears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: north east Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 2,674
Real Name: 3 Bears
3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light
kicked it....yelled bad words at it....
was headed out to meet a friend to moose hunt. ( he went hours earlier) ...then out of no place it quit running...in the middle of bum frick no place...wilderness....no cell reception...and cb's dont work for much distance up here...gravel road...well at this point in the world there is no pavement.....
did not have my torque pro app on....so was not watching anything .
cranked and cranked.....nothing...looked at everything logical,....wiggled wires etc...sat and said.....fu*k
few minutes later started right up.....tough decision...keep going or turn back....
kept going...hey hunt...duhhh.........met my friend... we looked it over...could not find anything strange and at that point it was running fine...start up...shut down...start up repeat...all good....we did not get a moose..(.I got one 3 weeks ago so freezer full anyway)
drove home...about 140 miles ( near the yukon/artic circle, where gas is 7.35 a gallon...what)...no issues.. this time I watched my torque pro big time....nothing unusual.... got home then an hour later had to run to town to get grandson 20 minutes and 2 start ups...no issues. checked everything...even my blinker fluid
no codes...no rough running.....aliens ?
tomorrow I will check all the ground connections I can get my hands on
up here...when the snow hits next month....i dont want this game


btw...last month...full tune up ( plugs wires pcv) throttle body removed and it and icv as well as maf cleaned and new gaskets,,,all fluids changed ( engine, trans , diffs, p/s and cooling flushed )...air, tranny and fuel filter changed too. so rule them out...that was about 1000 miles ago.
__________________
2000 SR-5 Highlander. 4:30's, factory locker green bought june 2021
2001 SR-5...sold june 2021
2000 SR-5 V6 Auto . lifted, e locker, other cool stuff, totaled 10/20

Last edited by 3bears; 09-16-2021 at 03:26 AM.
3bears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:05 AM #32828
Brian.'s Avatar
Brian. Brian. is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 594
Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice
Brian. Brian. is online now
Member
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 594
Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice Brian. is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bears View Post
..then out of no place it quit running.
It can only be air/fuel or electrical. Did it turn off like a light switch, because that's almost certainly electrical. Or stumble, burble and take it's time to die, because that's classic fueling issues.

I'm going to hazard a guess at electrical, and it's Probably something like the crank/cam position sensor. May not even be the sensor itself, but the Connector that wasn't fully seated the last time it came apart (for, say, cleaning the MAF, IAC, etc...) Might be worth your time to grab a can of DeOxit (best electrical contact cleaner on the market) and simply start pulling apart connectors, hosing them down and then reconnecting them. Focus on the ones that tend to be essential for running (sorry, I've no clue which as I haven't had electrical issues yet and haven't hard to learn).

Good luck
__________________
'99 Limited 4x4, Millenium Silver ~ Maintenance Thread
Brian. is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:58 AM #32829
3bears 3bears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: north east Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 2,674
Real Name: 3 Bears
3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light
3bears 3bears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: north east Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 2,674
Real Name: 3 Bears
3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian. View Post
It can only be air/fuel or electrical. Did it turn off like a light switch, because that's almost certainly electrical. Or stumble, burble and take it's time to die, because that's classic fueling issues.

I'm going to hazard a guess at electrical, and it's Probably something like the crank/cam position sensor. May not even be the sensor itself, but the Connector that wasn't fully seated the last time it came apart (for, say, cleaning the MAF, IAC, etc...) Might be worth your time to grab a can of DeOxit (best electrical contact cleaner on the market) and simply start pulling apart connectors, hosing them down and then reconnecting them. Focus on the ones that tend to be essential for running (sorry, I've no clue which as I haven't had electrical issues yet and haven't hard to learn).

Good luck
thanks, im pretty sure its electrical, it was like instant dead...not a slow stumble... thats why I said im gonna check grounds..but good idea of yours, ill get some contact cleaner and pull plugs apart and clean and check all my hots too, not just grounds....
__________________
2000 SR-5 Highlander. 4:30's, factory locker green bought june 2021
2001 SR-5...sold june 2021
2000 SR-5 V6 Auto . lifted, e locker, other cool stuff, totaled 10/20
3bears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:24 PM #32830
HiLife HiLife is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Trying to figure this out
Posts: 1,283
HiLife is a jewel in the rough HiLife is a jewel in the rough HiLife is a jewel in the rough
HiLife HiLife is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Trying to figure this out
Posts: 1,283
HiLife is a jewel in the rough HiLife is a jewel in the rough HiLife is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZiggy View Post
I think he's commiserating with your troubleshooting experience... I once could not get the AC to work on my 1st gen and the issue indeed turned out to be that a switch needed to be unplugged and plugged back in.

Have you checked all the grounds that interface with that circuit?
Apologies, I just lost my best friend that passed from an Aneurysm.

The thing is, I was just walking him through a charging system issue on his 01 Taco with a 3.4 just at 48hrs before he passed and he seemed fine at the time. Anyway he was very happy to have found the charging issue and I was glad I could help a friend in need.
Interacting and the conversation that night is something I'll remember for the rest on my life. He might as well be my brother as I don't have any.

My ecu issue wasn't a serious issue and I didn't put it out there to be taken as such.
In comparison on whats happening around us, most problems we are facing are small.
Ya, I had the dvm out and was checking voltages throughout the connectors. The puzzling part was voltages, grounds and connections checked out.
Unplugging and plugging back in worked for you. And that solved my issue too. Strange issue.
HiLife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:34 PM #32831
cl4Rk's Avatar
cl4Rk cl4Rk is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KC
Posts: 378
cl4Rk has a spectacular aura about cl4Rk has a spectacular aura about
cl4Rk cl4Rk is online now
Member
cl4Rk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KC
Posts: 378
cl4Rk has a spectacular aura about cl4Rk has a spectacular aura about
Still working out some bugs after (the long awaited) completion of this frame swap. (I'll update my build thread soon).

About 25 miles after firing her up for the first time, the Low Oil Pressure light (!!!) would illuminate at idle (<800 RPM) but would turn off when opening up the throttle and getting above 800-1000 RPM. I'm VERY relieved to report that the actual engine oil pressure is well within spec and my issue was simply a faulty oil pressure switch!
__________________
2000 Toyota 4Runner SR-5 3.4L V6 4WD AT Sunfire Red Pearl "Ol' Ruby" - build thread

Last edited by cl4Rk; 09-16-2021 at 05:06 PM.
cl4Rk is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:06 PM #32832
repo repo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 936
repo has a spectacular aura about repo has a spectacular aura about repo has a spectacular aura about
repo repo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 936
repo has a spectacular aura about repo has a spectacular aura about repo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bears View Post
kicked it....yelled bad words at it....
was headed out to meet a friend to moose hunt. ( he went hours earlier) ...then out of no place it quit running...in the middle of bum frick no place...wilderness....no cell reception...and cb's dont work for much distance up here...gravel road...well at this point in the world there is no pavement.....
did not have my torque pro app on....so was not watching anything .
cranked and cranked.....nothing...looked at everything logical,....wiggled wires etc...sat and said.....fu*k
few minutes later started right up.....tough decision...keep going or turn back....
kept going...hey hunt...duhhh.........met my friend... we looked it over...could not find anything strange and at that point it was running fine...start up...shut down...start up repeat...all good....we did not get a moose..(.I got one 3 weeks ago so freezer full anyway)
drove home...about 140 miles ( near the yukon/artic circle, where gas is 7.35 a gallon...what)...no issues.. this time I watched my torque pro big time....nothing unusual.... got home then an hour later had to run to town to get grandson 20 minutes and 2 start ups...no issues. checked everything...even my blinker fluid
no codes...no rough running.....aliens ?
tomorrow I will check all the ground connections I can get my hands on
up here...when the snow hits next month....i dont want this game


btw...last month...full tune up ( plugs wires pcv) throttle body removed and it and icv as well as maf cleaned and new gaskets,,,all fluids changed ( engine, trans , diffs, p/s and cooling flushed )...air, tranny and fuel filter changed too. so rule them out...that was about 1000 miles ago.
Ignition cylinder maybe? Do you have a lot of crap hanging on your keychain? Never heard of problems with Toyota but I think GM and some others had problems with that. Go over a bump and the force from the weight of the keys cut the ignition.
__________________
99 SR5 v6 4WD
11 SR5 v6 4WD
repo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:15 PM #32833
repo repo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 936
repo has a spectacular aura about repo has a spectacular aura about repo has a spectacular aura about
repo repo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 936
repo has a spectacular aura about repo has a spectacular aura about repo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLife View Post
Apologies, I just lost my best friend that passed from an Aneurysm.

The thing is, I was just walking him through a charging system issue on his 01 Taco with a 3.4 just at 48hrs before he passed and he seemed fine at the time. Anyway he was very happy to have found the charging issue and I was glad I could help a friend in need.
Interacting and the conversation that night is something I'll remember for the rest on my life. He might as well be my brother as I don't have any.

My ecu issue wasn't a serious issue and I didn't put it out there to be taken as such.
In comparison on whats happening around us, most problems we are facing are small.
Ya, I had the dvm out and was checking voltages throughout the connectors. The puzzling part was voltages, grounds and connections checked out.
Unplugging and plugging back in worked for you. And that solved my issue too. Strange issue.
Sorry to hear. Really didn't mean any offense, it was a congratulatory joke. It's a running joke in a show about tech support called IT crowd. First thing to try with computer troubleshooting is turn it off and turn it on again. If that doesnt work start unplugging stuff and plugging it back in. A lot of times that comes after many hours of trying other stuff because you don't think it would be something that simple. Makes no sense half the time.
__________________
99 SR5 v6 4WD
11 SR5 v6 4WD
repo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:21 PM #32834
cl4Rk's Avatar
cl4Rk cl4Rk is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KC
Posts: 378
cl4Rk has a spectacular aura about cl4Rk has a spectacular aura about
cl4Rk cl4Rk is online now
Member
cl4Rk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KC
Posts: 378
cl4Rk has a spectacular aura about cl4Rk has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLife View Post
I just lost my best friend that passed from an Aneurysm.
Sorry to hear that, HiLife
__________________
2000 Toyota 4Runner SR-5 3.4L V6 4WD AT Sunfire Red Pearl "Ol' Ruby" - build thread
cl4Rk is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 02:23 AM #32835
3bears 3bears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: north east Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 2,674
Real Name: 3 Bears
3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light
3bears 3bears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: north east Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 2,674
Real Name: 3 Bears
3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light 3bears is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
Ignition cylinder maybe? Do you have a lot of crap hanging on your keychain? Never heard of problems with Toyota but I think GM and some others had problems with that. Go over a bump and the force from the weight of the keys cut the ignition.
it did just have a remote start installed ( 2 weeks ago)....a very nice thing up here when it hits below zero.....like in a few months minus 30 will be the norm
the new remote start fob does bang around and hits the dash...on key chain. Maybe simple like that....as of today...many starts and stops no problem...but I did clean all my grounds I could get to...clean the positive terminal..and claeaned every electical plug in engine compartment I could find
__________________
2000 SR-5 Highlander. 4:30's, factory locker green bought june 2021
2001 SR-5...sold june 2021
2000 SR-5 V6 Auto . lifted, e locker, other cool stuff, totaled 10/20
3bears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3rdgen4runner , 4xinnovations , magnaflowoverland , 3rd , gen

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going to look at a 3rd Gen today Diverse4runner 3rd gen T4Rs 38 03-23-2021 09:57 PM
Saw this today... StreetCreeper 3rd gen T4Rs 47 06-25-2019 12:52 AM
Today 11/6 only!!! YotaDan Wheeler's Off-Road 0 11-06-2014 04:31 PM
Weird Problem today with my 4Runner today. myT4RisGREEN 3rd gen T4Rs 9 05-18-2013 10:07 PM
605/5 5th Gen today? expatoz So Cal 3 02-13-2013 10:38 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020