User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2021, 11:13 AM #1
RumHam26 RumHam26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 112
RumHam26 is on a distinguished road
RumHam26 RumHam26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 112
RumHam26 is on a distinguished road
OME 906 rear/Stock '01 Front - will I need a spacer?

I am about to buy OME 906s for the rear along with KYB gas-a-justs all around. I was considering buying 99 tall Moogs for the front since I like that look, but I hear reviews they are pretty stiff. I like the 880s too but I'm trying to save a little money since deciding to get 906s in the rear instead of Moog talls. I am mostly on road but I load the back up for camping and fishing a lot. So I am now thinking of sticking with my stock '01 springs. I don't mind a little rake, but I definitely don't want a negative rake. Do you think I'll need a spacer up front to keep it relatively level? Also - with the 906's do I need to extend any brake likes in back?

Thanks!
RumHam26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:54 AM #2
Greyhome's Avatar
Greyhome Greyhome is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 113
Real Name: Graham
Greyhome is on a distinguished road
Greyhome Greyhome is offline
Member
Greyhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 113
Real Name: Graham
Greyhome is on a distinguished road
I've got an '01 as well, added 906's in the rear and 880s in the front. Love the stance and ride height. I would hesitate to keep the stock springs up front and put 906's in the rear. You'll have a pretty aggressive rake. Sure you could add a spacer, but if you're pulling the front struts, I'd chuck up the cash now and upgrade the springs (or save until you can do both at once).
Greyhome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:12 PM #3
RumHam26 RumHam26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 112
RumHam26 is on a distinguished road
RumHam26 RumHam26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 112
RumHam26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhome View Post
I've got an '01 as well, added 906's in the rear and 880s in the front. Love the stance and ride height. I would hesitate to keep the stock springs up front and put 906's in the rear. You'll have a pretty aggressive rake. Sure you could add a spacer, but if you're pulling the front struts, I'd chuck up the cash now and upgrade the springs (or save until you can do both at once).
Yeah I just may do that - it's just getting expensive! I need a steering rack as well - so I figured while I'm in there and getting an alignment...How is the ride quality with those springs and whatever shocks (5100s?) you're running?
RumHam26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:24 AM #4
Greyhome's Avatar
Greyhome Greyhome is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 113
Real Name: Graham
Greyhome is on a distinguished road
Greyhome Greyhome is offline
Member
Greyhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 113
Real Name: Graham
Greyhome is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumHam26 View Post
Yeah I just may do that - it's just getting expensive! I need a steering rack as well - so I figured while I'm in there and getting an alignment...How is the ride quality with those springs and whatever shocks (5100s?) you're running?
I feel you, just put in a new OEM steering rack recently...not cheap! I've actually got 4600's all around, and I like them well enough. Handling is good, honestly that was one of the things I noticed first after replacing everything. I live in a city so it's still a bit rough over potholes etc. BUT when I head out camping, the suspension comes alive on fire roads. You can tell what it was designed for when you cruise down a fire road at 30 mph without rattling your teeth out.

The 906's do great for me, a little weight in the back goes a long way to softening them up, and I appreciate that they don't sag much when loaded with gear.
Greyhome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:27 AM #5
Greyhome's Avatar
Greyhome Greyhome is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 113
Real Name: Graham
Greyhome is on a distinguished road
Greyhome Greyhome is offline
Member
Greyhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 113
Real Name: Graham
Greyhome is on a distinguished road
Oh, meant to say, based on my experience you won't need to extend brake lines with 906's. When you install you will be able to tell if it's stretched too much at droop, but I think you really only get in that territory when you are going 3" lift or more.
Greyhome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:35 AM #6
RumHam26 RumHam26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 112
RumHam26 is on a distinguished road
RumHam26 RumHam26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 112
RumHam26 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhome View Post
I feel you, just put in a new OEM steering rack recently...not cheap! I've actually got 4600's all around, and I like them well enough. Handling is good, honestly that was one of the things I noticed first after replacing everything. I live in a city so it's still a bit rough over potholes etc. BUT when I head out camping, the suspension comes alive on fire roads. You can tell what it was designed for when you cruise down a fire road at 30 mph without rattling your teeth out.

The 906's do great for me, a little weight in the back goes a long way to softening them up, and I appreciate that they don't sag much when loaded with gear.
That does make me excited to upgrade my stock suspension - I love cruising those fire roads looking for a campsite, but lately it feels like my truck is gonna shake itself apart. Thanks - I appreciate the input.
RumHam26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
906s , back , front , ome , rake

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bilstein 5100 2.5" front and daystar 2" spacer rear, on stock springs. Good?Bad?Ugly? Warwicke36 4th Gen T4Rs 13 02-25-2020 11:07 PM
Steve's budget lift: Tundra 5100's, stock front springs, rear daystar 1.5" spacer sjwelna 3rd gen T4Rs 20 01-31-2016 12:36 PM
FS: 3" toytec front spacer & 1.5 rear spacer Keemonrunnin For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 5 01-16-2012 01:30 PM
FS: Toytec 1/4" Front Top Plate Spacer and 10mm Rear Coil Spacer ryhi For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 7 10-24-2011 02:01 PM
Cornfed 1.5" rear spacer Cheap.. & stock rear suspension whoosh Classifieds - buy & sell (no commercial ads please) 1 08-05-2009 11:22 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020