User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2023, 06:49 AM #16
JoeT4R's Avatar
JoeT4R JoeT4R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,417
JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light
JoeT4R JoeT4R is offline
Senior Member
JoeT4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,417
JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_welfare_wagon View Post
Since my front isn’t lifted I want to keep the rake from looking ridiculous. I don’t mind rake at all but I just don’t want a reverse Carolina squat situation lol.

When my 890s were new they were about 2.5-3 inches higher than the front and I thought that was a perfect look but over time they gradually sagged to where my normal load sagged it to stock ride height


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I must have missed that part then, lol. Don't do 861's if you're still on a regular setup in the front, hahahaha. You might go through the windshield if you do. Carolina squat is yuck anyhow.

You may want to look into the LC80 springs. I had mine on for over 100K miles and right before I swapped them out they were settled quite evenly with the front, or at least I thought.

Here's a picture with the LC 80 springs. But again, still lifted in the front. Not sure how this would look with no front adjustments.

2022-11-21_07-41-06

EDIT:

Here's a great photo of the rear loaded down with probably 10 sandbags or so. They were about 30 pounds each, maybe? But I think this might be a good reference point in terms of weight and sag.

2022-09-30_10-47-00

Last edited by JoeT4R; 09-18-2023 at 06:52 AM.
JoeT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 10:41 AM #17
the_welfare_wagon's Avatar
the_welfare_wagon the_welfare_wagon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Real Name: Rich
the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough
the_welfare_wagon the_welfare_wagon is offline
Member
the_welfare_wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Real Name: Rich
the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT4R View Post
I must have missed that part then, lol. Don't do 861's if you're still on a regular setup in the front, hahahaha. You might go through the windshield if you do. Carolina squat is yuck anyhow.

You may want to look into the LC80 springs. I had mine on for over 100K miles and right before I swapped them out they were settled quite evenly with the front, or at least I thought.

Here's a picture with the LC 80 springs. But again, still lifted in the front. Not sure how this would look with no front adjustments.

2022-11-21_07-41-06

EDIT:

Here's a great photo of the rear loaded down with probably 10 sandbags or so. They were about 30 pounds each, maybe? But I think this might be a good reference point in terms of weight and sag.

2022-09-30_10-47-00

How much lift would you say you got from them? What size tires are you running in the photo?

Itís definitely an option for sure and maybe I could supplement with airbags. Iím thinking Iíll have to go airbags regardless since I doubt thereís a spring out there that will do exactly what I want


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
96 Limited: 380k+ 255/85s Geolander MTs, Ironman Nitro 2" lift, Toytec 9602HD W/FJZ80 Shocks
the_welfare_wagon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 01:02 PM #18
JoeT4R's Avatar
JoeT4R JoeT4R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,417
JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light
JoeT4R JoeT4R is offline
Senior Member
JoeT4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,417
JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_welfare_wagon View Post
How much lift would you say you got from them? What size tires are you running in the photo?

It’s definitely an option for sure and maybe I could supplement with airbags. I’m thinking I’ll have to go airbags regardless since I doubt there’s a spring out there that will do exactly what I want


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to let you down brother but I don't have exact numbers for you. I know this isn't helpful at all but I was hoping that at least a visual representation could stand for something for you.

The tires in those photos are 285/75/16's with 1.25" wheel spacers.

I've heard good things about airbags but I don't have any firsthand experience with them. It sounds to me like you're on the right path though. I certainly don't think money is no object but what I will say is that if you play around with different setups you'll be able to better determine what you do like vs. what you don't like. I've been fortunate in that sense over the past 10.5 years to play around with a few different setups and I'm very happy with what I've got now. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to add that little bit.
JoeT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 01:48 PM #19
the_welfare_wagon's Avatar
the_welfare_wagon the_welfare_wagon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Real Name: Rich
the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough
the_welfare_wagon the_welfare_wagon is offline
Member
the_welfare_wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Real Name: Rich
the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT4R View Post
Sorry to let you down brother but I don't have exact numbers for you. I know this isn't helpful at all but I was hoping that at least a visual representation could stand for something for you.

The tires in those photos are 285/75/16's with 1.25" wheel spacers.

I've heard good things about airbags but I don't have any firsthand experience with them. It sounds to me like you're on the right path though. I certainly don't think money is no object but what I will say is that if you play around with different setups you'll be able to better determine what you do like vs. what you don't like. I've been fortunate in that sense over the past 10.5 years to play around with a few different setups and I'm very happy with what I've got now. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to add that little bit.

Oh no it wasnít a let down at all. My 255s are only slightly taller than 285s are so that gives me a very good reference as to what mine would look like. Iím definitely considering those springs now. I was just concerned that they may have been 265/75s in which case my tires would be like 2 inches larger and take up more of the wheel well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
96 Limited: 380k+ 255/85s Geolander MTs, Ironman Nitro 2" lift, Toytec 9602HD W/FJZ80 Shocks
the_welfare_wagon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 04:15 PM #20
Zhehan Zhehan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 288
Zhehan will become famous soon enough Zhehan will become famous soon enough
Zhehan Zhehan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 288
Zhehan will become famous soon enough Zhehan will become famous soon enough
I have LC80 7.5 wraps on the back of my 4Runner. You can see my sig for my whole setup. 2+" in the front with the Eibachs. You'll be REALLY high in the rear without a load and no lift in the front. I'm nearly 2" higher than the front without 100 lbs of sandbags + subwoofer + tools sitting on the wheel wells with the 7.5 wraps. I have a hitch and 285 spare back there as well.

22.5+" in the front from the hub to the bottom of the Bushwacker flares
23.5"+ in the rear with all the aforementioned stuff in the cargo area

I have a set of 891s with less than 5000 miles on them. They have a spring rate of 210 lbs/in vs your 890s @ 190 lbs/in. Want 'em? $100 and they're yours, shipped.

Top pic is with the LC 7.5 + sandbags and the bottom pic is with the 891s and no load in the back other than the subwoofer and tools.
Attached Images
Rear spring recommendations for my setup-20230214_081433-jpg  Rear spring recommendations for my setup-20220921_134043-jpg 
__________________
2000 4Runner SR5 Manual Trans Federal Emissions - Eibach Pro-Truck coilovers, LC 7.5/Tokico Black, JBA UCA, SPC 25945 RLLs, Mevotech Supreme RULs, TrakMotive Xtended Travel CV Axles TO-8043ET, South Bend Rally Clutch, ES & Whiteline Bushings, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Deck-Plate Mod, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Yukon Grizzly Rear Locker, Bushwacker Flares, 16x8 Wheels w/ 285/75 General Grabber AT2, 229K+ Miles

Last edited by Zhehan; 09-18-2023 at 04:20 PM.
Zhehan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 05:08 PM #21
the_welfare_wagon's Avatar
the_welfare_wagon the_welfare_wagon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Real Name: Rich
the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough
the_welfare_wagon the_welfare_wagon is offline
Member
the_welfare_wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Real Name: Rich
the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough
Rear spring recommendations for my setup

Iím probably going to go with the toytec HD springs. I finally got ahold of toytec and they said with my setup itís best if I use the 9602HD. Oddly enough they donít have spring rate numbers which I donít understand cause they literally made the spring lol but thatís probably the route Iíll end up going.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
96 Limited: 380k+ 255/85s Geolander MTs, Ironman Nitro 2" lift, Toytec 9602HD W/FJZ80 Shocks
the_welfare_wagon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 05:20 PM #22
Zhehan Zhehan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 288
Zhehan will become famous soon enough Zhehan will become famous soon enough
Zhehan Zhehan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 288
Zhehan will become famous soon enough Zhehan will become famous soon enough
Cool. I once heard they were 240 lbs/in. The non-HD are 195 lbs/in, according to the research I did a while ago.

Best of luck. I hope it all works out!
__________________
2000 4Runner SR5 Manual Trans Federal Emissions - Eibach Pro-Truck coilovers, LC 7.5/Tokico Black, JBA UCA, SPC 25945 RLLs, Mevotech Supreme RULs, TrakMotive Xtended Travel CV Axles TO-8043ET, South Bend Rally Clutch, ES & Whiteline Bushings, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Deck-Plate Mod, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Yukon Grizzly Rear Locker, Bushwacker Flares, 16x8 Wheels w/ 285/75 General Grabber AT2, 229K+ Miles
Zhehan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 07:03 PM #23
Jakeepoo3's Avatar
Jakeepoo3 Jakeepoo3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Fayetteville AR
Posts: 758
Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about
Jakeepoo3 Jakeepoo3 is offline
Member
Jakeepoo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Fayetteville AR
Posts: 758
Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_welfare_wagon View Post
Iím probably going to go with the toytec HD springs. I finally got ahold of toytec and they said with my setup itís best if I use the 9602HD. Oddly enough they donít have spring rate numbers which I donít understand cause they literally made the spring lol but thatís probably the route Iíll end up going.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like a good choice for you. You'll maintain your 3" lift in the rear with your 300 extra pounds. They should handle a pretty decent additional load as well without sagging. The spring rate is VARIABLE** not a constant value. Toytec call center guy isn't going to know this information. You'd need to speak to their college educated mechanical engineer. I'm sure they don't list this information because no one will understand wtf it means. Hope that works out 👽
Jakeepoo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 09:27 PM #24
Zhehan Zhehan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 288
Zhehan will become famous soon enough Zhehan will become famous soon enough
Zhehan Zhehan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 288
Zhehan will become famous soon enough Zhehan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeepoo3 View Post
Looks like a good choice for you. You'll maintain your 3" lift in the rear with your 300 extra pounds. They should handle a pretty decent additional load as well without sagging. The spring rate is VARIABLE** not a constant value. Toytec call center guy isn't going to know this information. You'd need to speak to their college educated mechanical engineer. I'm sure they don't list this information because no one will understand wtf it means. Hope that works out 👽
I agree that they should be variable rate coils, but with very few exceptions most manufacturers only publish single rate specs. There is also the typical "ride height" rate which is what I think they refer to most of the time. The more closely wrapped coils are probably most useful off road at slow speeds when the suspension is flexed.

The OME 890/891/906 coils look like variable rate or progressive, but only single rates are listed, for example.

I'm not arguing the point. If you have better info, please enlighten me.
__________________
2000 4Runner SR5 Manual Trans Federal Emissions - Eibach Pro-Truck coilovers, LC 7.5/Tokico Black, JBA UCA, SPC 25945 RLLs, Mevotech Supreme RULs, TrakMotive Xtended Travel CV Axles TO-8043ET, South Bend Rally Clutch, ES & Whiteline Bushings, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Deck-Plate Mod, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Yukon Grizzly Rear Locker, Bushwacker Flares, 16x8 Wheels w/ 285/75 General Grabber AT2, 229K+ Miles
Zhehan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 10:07 PM #25
Jakeepoo3's Avatar
Jakeepoo3 Jakeepoo3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Fayetteville AR
Posts: 758
Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about
Jakeepoo3 Jakeepoo3 is offline
Member
Jakeepoo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Fayetteville AR
Posts: 758
Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about Jakeepoo3 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhehan View Post
I agree that they should be variable rate coils, but with very few exceptions most manufacturers only publish single rate specs. There is also the typical "ride height" rate which is what I think they refer to most of the time. The more closely wrapped coils are probably most useful off road at slow speeds when the suspension is flexed.

The OME 890/891/906 coils look like variable rate or progressive, but only single rates are listed, for example.

I'm not arguing the point. If you have better info, please enlighten me.
The coils he's talking about are variable rate if you look at them you'll see that.. one end of the coil is more tightly wrapped and tapers down. They act as linear rate coils until the extra load is added then they stiffen become variable rate. You don't really need a description if you know what they look like. But yeah the description on their website sucks.
Jakeepoo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 01:46 PM #26
JoeT4R's Avatar
JoeT4R JoeT4R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,417
JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light
JoeT4R JoeT4R is offline
Senior Member
JoeT4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,417
JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_welfare_wagon View Post
Oh no it wasnít a let down at all. My 255s are only slightly taller than 285s are so that gives me a very good reference as to what mine would look like. Iím definitely considering those springs now. I was just concerned that they may have been 265/75s in which case my tires would be like 2 inches larger and take up more of the wheel well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely want to go with 255ís whenever I need new tires again. Lucky!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JoeT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 03:12 PM #27
the_welfare_wagon's Avatar
the_welfare_wagon the_welfare_wagon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Real Name: Rich
the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough
the_welfare_wagon the_welfare_wagon is offline
Member
the_welfare_wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Real Name: Rich
the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough the_welfare_wagon will become famous soon enough
Rear spring recommendations for my setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT4R View Post
I definitely want to go with 255ís whenever I need new tires again. Lucky!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love them. And the best part is you can fit them stock height. It took me 5 mins to clearance each side to fit and that was it.

Plus the steering is much nicer with them and I can air way down off-road. Usually go to like 10-12. Also IMO skinny is better off-road

3 Scientific Experiments to Settle This | Wide vs Narrow Off-Road Tires - YouTube


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
96 Limited: 380k+ 255/85s Geolander MTs, Ironman Nitro 2" lift, Toytec 9602HD W/FJZ80 Shocks

Last edited by the_welfare_wagon; 09-19-2023 at 03:15 PM.
the_welfare_wagon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
back , fully , iím , iíve , loaded

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear spring recommendations to compliment KYB? whodah 4th Gen T4Rs 13 11-28-2019 01:21 PM
2000 Sport - rear spring and shock recommendations Kennysmoke 3rd gen T4Rs 3 08-13-2019 11:46 AM
Need recommendations for front and rear spring upgrade RDOOGZ89 4th Gen T4Rs 17 06-30-2017 12:53 PM
Rear shock/spring recommendations please! Party Boy 3rd gen T4Rs 10 04-12-2016 03:49 PM
What shock/spring setup to use in rear? whiteboychriss Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories 10 12-23-2006 01:22 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020