Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 AM

HB 4X4 is on a distinguished road

HB 4X4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairB View Post
Thank you, its coming along nicely I think.

And yes, an ARB locker is in the future, but I am not sure how near that future is. Right now I am trying to attack the mods in the order that I would find most useful. Also I look at the price on the mods and try to figure out if it is a wise investment. It is not to say an air locker is not extremely useful, definitely is, I just think for $1,000 I would get many more benefits and enjoyment out of a fridge and duel battery setup, for example, just because my current runs are definitely more high speed runs or expedition style trips where more often then not my locker would not be used.

There have been cases where I would have benefitted from a locker, but just not too many yet. I am still amazed by how well the ATRAC works, and when it fails... well that is why we have tow straps and winches

This is probably my current "to-do" list, it was earlier on in the thread and it is now probably in the order I am going forth

1. HAM Radio/APRS Tracker
2. Diff Drop Kit (to take away a little stress on the CV's)
3. Reinforced front diff backet (its a weak point on 4th gens/FJ's and if you wheel them hard for years they can break, which causes $2k+ in damage)
4. New Lower Control Arms in the Rear (its only a matter of time before I bend one of mine)
5. HDPE skid plates to place over the stock ones/maybe aluminum skids
6. Duel Battery and a Fridge
7. Replacing the roof lights with the larger Hella 700FF's (8.5" compared to the current 6")
8. Maybe a 1/2" body lift, so I stop rubbing the top of the fenders under full compression (1/2" body lift= Blair + HDPE cutting board + hole saw )
9. Internal Winch Mount in the Factory Front Bumper (design in the works....)
10. ARB Locker
11. Any other suggestions.....?
I agree with you on the locker. I will get one, but the question is when will it actually be worth it for the runs we do? It doesn't keep my drinks cold

You can get a locker, then you can get up the obstacle so I can use you as an anchor to winch myself up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r32 View Post
Impressive!!!

I'm curious how you modified the CB to increase wattage? Do tell.
We paid someone to do it.
HB 4X4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote