Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:42 AM

G.I.G. is on a distinguished road

G.I.G. is on a distinguished road
So after driving around this weekend with the WD-40 test spots on my instrument lens, the jury is still out. The WD-40 treated areas seemed to collect dirt a little bit more. You can't see the scratches where I treated the lens with WD-40, but there was a little haze on the outside of the treated area. If I did the whole lens and wiped out down really well, I think it is still a viable option.

For those of you using the acrylic polish, do you just treat the scratched areas of the lens or the whole lens every time you clean it?

I just ordered the Novus plastic polish kit which includes a cleaner/polish and two levels of scratch removals. I should have it in a week or two. I want to try this option before I fully commit to the WD-40 treatment, but I still haven't written it off yet.

If all else fails, I might by a new lens from the dealer and have a detail or window tint installation shop throw a 3M clear bra film over it and install it like that, but that is my last (and most expenseive) option.

Icon 2.5" coilovers with remote resi's | LT285/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs | SCS Stealth 6 wheels | Light Racing UCA's | Bud Built front skid | Shrockworks Sliders | Toytec diff drop | Volant CAI | PIAA 520 ATP lights | Removed resonator, rerouted exhaust out the side | WeatherTech floor liners | Rear diff breather mod | GX470 driveshaft | Mobil 1 in all the boxes
G.I.G. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote