Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 05:46 PM

Scoobs is on a distinguished road

Scoobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.G. View Post
So after driving around this weekend with the WD-40 test spots on my instrument lens, the jury is still out. The WD-40 treated areas seemed to collect dirt a little bit more. You can't see the scratches where I treated the lens with WD-40, but there was a little haze on the outside of the treated area. If I did the whole lens and wiped out down really well, I think it is still a viable option.

For those of you using the acrylic polish, do you just treat the scratched areas of the lens or the whole lens every time you clean it?

I just ordered the Novus plastic polish kit which includes a cleaner/polish and two levels of scratch removals. I should have it in a week or two. I want to try this option before I fully commit to the WD-40 treatment, but I still haven't written it off yet.

If all else fails, I might by a new lens from the dealer and have a detail or window tint installation shop throw a 3M clear bra film over it and install it like that, but that is my last (and most expenseive) option.
You can just do the scratched area, but mine was so bad I did all three lens. I'm going to do them over again as I was a bit scared of making it worse so I backed off a bit the first time. If you do them all and are satisfied with the job putting a bit of wax on the lens will stop the scratches from coming back and keep it cleaner. I'm attaching a link to another website where they used Meguiars M205 to take out the scratches and then used NXT 2.0. Another guy used Menzerna PO85RD with good results.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=23370
Scoobs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote