Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Jpauly is on a distinguished road

Jpauly is on a distinguished road
Tdub... yes there is a rub issue. It was bad at first, pretty much undrivable. Then the shop did some cutting and solved most of the issue. Now I only get rub when the tire is turned and then force is applied to shove the tire up. After all is said and done I would have gone about this differently by either putting a size smaller tire on or perhaps waiting until I was able to do a suspention lift to give me greater clearance however when I talked to the guys at the shop that did the install they were very quick to assure me these tires would fit with out an issue... obviously not the case. Part of the issue is due to the negative offset the rim has. at this point I really like everything and will upgrade my lift from the daystar shortly. I will add a picture of some of the more intense cutting that was done to allow more room. this picture is looking up from under,.. body mount.

there was also some plastic trimming required but I concider it pretty minor and think it is barley noticable and looks jsut fine. Has anyone here had any experiences with cutting and welding the body mounts like this before??? (I'm sure I just opened the door for something I may not want to hear but better to be informed than broke on a trail i guess) At this point the shop has recomended 2 items to help provide more clearance. 1 is new control arms and the 2nd is new coilovers. both by camburg. http://www.camburg.com/tacomaP05.html
anyone with info on these items please feel free to chime in as my experience in this area is very minimal and i would love to hear suggestions as to this being benificial. My first thought would be to go with the EMU as it seems to be very highly recomended throughout the sites.