User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 04:49 PM #781
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER's Avatar
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER ARK_SWAMP_RIDER is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,239
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough
MY GARAGE
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER ARK_SWAMP_RIDER is offline
Senior Member
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,239
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough
MY GARAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
If I have a stock 07 V8 Sport x/Xreas and I want to keep XREAS and get a little bit of lift overall and removal of some, but not all, of the rake, does it make sense to get a spacer kit that is either.....

1" front, 1" back - giving me 2" front and 1" back

or

1.5" front, 1.5" back - giving me 3" front and 1.5" back

....and so on depending on what I want.

Does this makes sense as I'm a total novice and don't understand all the terminology but read this thread?

I want something modest but noticeable.
I agree with the above, the Daystar 2.5/1.5 would probably be the best IMO. There aren't really any 1" spacers available so the 2" front 1" rear option would be hard to do. Also, not many 1.5" front spacers available, so again, hard to do.
__________________
2003 Limited V8 - sold - Build Thread | JL Audio amp/sub | Icon stage 2 | 1/2" Body Lift | 265/70/18 Nitto TG G2's | 18" Limited wheels | Spidertrax | Clazzio's

2016 Trail Premium - Bilstein 5100 | Airlift 1000 | 285/70/17 Cooper AT3 4S | XenonDepot HID | RAV4 Blindspot Mirrors | Kicker Subaru Tweeter Upgrade | Lock'er Down Console Safe | Sprint Booster
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:42 PM #782
Blute Blute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 122
Blute is on a distinguished road
Blute Blute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 122
Blute is on a distinguished road
As a follow up to the above posts, does anyone know the actual lift folks are getting in the front from the 2.5 easy-install (all top mount) Daystar lift? Is it actually 2.5", or closer to 3"? Just curious, does anyone know the actual thickness of the 2.5 spacer?
Blute is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 PM #783
JohnnyT's Avatar
JohnnyT JohnnyT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 837
JohnnyT is on a distinguished road
JohnnyT JohnnyT is offline
Member
JohnnyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 837
JohnnyT is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. I did continue to read other posts and perhaps the Daystar Budget boost (1" in the front) and a 1.5" Daystar in the back is another way to go. Any downsides to this?

Most important to me is to retain the ride I currently have with XREAS so I don't want any "risky" installations that might compromise that. I'd prefer to do nothing rather than risk a botched install.

Are either the 2.5/1.5 or the one I mention in this post at all difficult or challenging to install given I have XREAS?
__________________
2007 Sport 4x4 V8, Magnetic Gray - stock
JohnnyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:21 PM #784
jconusn's Avatar
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
jconusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
The 1" in front is the "budget boost" and requires disassembly of the front strut/spring because it is a "pre-load" spacer, the 2.5 front goes on top of the strut/spring so it is a much easier install, and easier to undo. If I'm not mistaken, total lift on the budget boost isn't much less than it is on the 2.5. You will have to work in the wheel well either way because the concensus is that disconnecting the lines for XREAS from the shock isn't a good idea because the check valves may fail and leak fluid which means you will have to replace that loop on the system. That is why the spring compression is a big deal as it is harder to do all that in the wheel well than it is if you can take the assembly out and work on it. Hope this helps..
__________________
2005 Limited V8 | 5100s at 2.5" Front | FJ Coils F/B | Daystar 1.5" back | Level 8 Mk6 | Dynapro ATM 265/70/17
jconusn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:38 PM #785
jconusn's Avatar
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
jconusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blute View Post
As a follow up to the above posts, does anyone know the actual lift folks are getting in the front from the 2.5 easy-install (all top mount) Daystar lift? Is it actually 2.5", or closer to 3"? Just curious, does anyone know the actual thickness of the 2.5 spacer?
I just measured the actual spacer, (I have the 2.5/1.5 kit but I am only going to use the rear 1.5 after much deliberation). It is 1.5" thick for the front but it nets more than that for some complicated reason... Explained here, by Ark Swamp Rider, who is the man when it comes to these matters by the way:

"With the 4runner front suspension (this ONLY applies to the front), you gain approximately double the spacer thickness. A 1" spacer yields 2" of lift. As spacer size increases, the ratio goes down slightly. You'd still be looking at about a 1.25" thick spacer, or possibly 1.5" thick. I can't say exactly how much because I've not installed anything over a 1/2" thick spacer.
The rear is simply the spacer thickness. A 1" spacer gives 1" lift."

On a side note, thanks to Ark for all his hard work getting all the FJ/Bilstein etc. info together, it helped me out a LOT.
__________________
2005 Limited V8 | 5100s at 2.5" Front | FJ Coils F/B | Daystar 1.5" back | Level 8 Mk6 | Dynapro ATM 265/70/17
jconusn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:21 PM #786
Blute Blute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 122
Blute is on a distinguished road
Blute Blute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 122
Blute is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
Thanks guys. I did continue to read other posts and perhaps the Daystar Budget boost (1" in the front) and a 1.5" Daystar in the back is another way to go. Any downsides to this?

Most important to me is to retain the ride I currently have with XREAS so I don't want any "risky" installations that might compromise that. I'd prefer to do nothing rather than risk a botched install.

Are either the 2.5/1.5 or the one I mention in this post at all difficult or challenging to install given I have XREAS?
I think you and I are looking to do the same thing, my friend. I want to keep XREAS, and I want something relatively uncomplicated to install. I am considering one of the following options from Daystar:

1. Budget boost 1" front spacers (2" net) by itself. No rear lift.
2. Budget boost 1" front spacers and 1.5" rear spacers. This would be a 2" front and 1.5" rear lift.
3. 2.5/1.5 lift kit. I'm still trying to determine how much actual lift this would achieve in the front. Many have reported 3", but I'm not sure if that was from the older design, or the newer easy install design, or both. Can anyone confirm?

What I really want is 2" front and 1" back, but Daystar does not have that combo. I also want easy install, top-mount design.
Blute is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:24 PM #787
JohnnyT's Avatar
JohnnyT JohnnyT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 837
JohnnyT is on a distinguished road
JohnnyT JohnnyT is offline
Member
JohnnyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 837
JohnnyT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconusn View Post
The 1" in front is the "budget boost" and requires disassembly of the front strut/spring because it is a "pre-load" spacer, the 2.5 front goes on top of the strut/spring so it is a much easier install, and easier to undo. If I'm not mistaken, total lift on the budget boost isn't much less than it is on the 2.5. You will have to work in the wheel well either way because the concensus is that disconnecting the lines for XREAS from the shock isn't a good idea because the check valves may fail and leak fluid which means you will have to replace that loop on the system. That is why the spring compression is a big deal as it is harder to do all that in the wheel well than it is if you can take the assembly out and work on it. Hope this helps..
Thanks all. I think the Daystar 2.5/1.5 is definitely the way to go for me.

This is what I want...the pic at the top of this page......

Lift and Tire Central (pics)... Post 'em Up!
__________________
2007 Sport 4x4 V8, Magnetic Gray - stock
JohnnyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:30 PM #788
Blute Blute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 122
Blute is on a distinguished road
Blute Blute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 122
Blute is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconusn View Post
The 1" in front is the "budget boost" and requires disassembly of the front strut/spring because it is a "pre-load" spacer, the 2.5 front goes on top of the strut/spring so it is a much easier install, and easier to undo. If I'm not mistaken, total lift on the budget boost isn't much less than it is on the 2.5. You will have to work in the wheel well either way because the concensus is that disconnecting the lines for XREAS from the shock isn't a good idea because the check valves may fail and leak fluid which means you will have to replace that loop on the system. That is why the spring compression is a big deal as it is harder to do all that in the wheel well than it is if you can take the assembly out and work on it. Hope this helps..
Actually the 1" budget boost is a top mount spacer. The one shown on their website requires strut disassembly only because you have to swap out the studs for longer ones.

However, I think the info on their website may be old, and they have now swapped out the design with a true easy install design, see this thread:
Daystar Budget 1" Spacer Install

I sent an email to Daystar before I found that thread, so I will see what they say.
Blute is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:39 PM #789
Blute Blute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 122
Blute is on a distinguished road
Blute Blute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 122
Blute is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconusn View Post
I just measured the actual spacer, (I have the 2.5/1.5 kit but I am only going to use the rear 1.5 after much deliberation). It is 1.5" thick for the front but it nets more than that for some complicated reason... Explained here, by Ark Swamp Rider, who is the man when it comes to these matters by the way:

"With the 4runner front suspension (this ONLY applies to the front), you gain approximately double the spacer thickness. A 1" spacer yields 2" of lift. As spacer size increases, the ratio goes down slightly. You'd still be looking at about a 1.25" thick spacer, or possibly 1.5" thick. I can't say exactly how much because I've not installed anything over a 1/2" thick spacer.
The rear is simply the spacer thickness. A 1" spacer gives 1" lift."

On a side note, thanks to Ark for all his hard work getting all the FJ/Bilstein etc. info together, it helped me out a LOT.
Thanks for the info! If that front spacer is actually 1.5" thick, then folks should be getting 3" of lift. I really don't want more than 2.5" of front lift with 1.5" in the rear. I guess I will keep searching the forum to see if anyone else has reported actual lift heights...
Blute is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:55 PM #790
jconusn's Avatar
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
jconusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blute View Post
Actually the 1" budget boost is a top mount spacer. The one shown on their website requires strut disassembly only because you have to swap out the studs for longer ones.

However, I think the info on their website may be old, and they have now swapped out the design with a true easy install design, see this thread:
Daystar Budget 1" Spacer Install

I sent an email to Daystar before I found that thread, so I will see what they say.
I think that is old info, the new one has studs with it that screw on top of the old ones (female one end, male other) that lengthen the factory studs eliminating the need to disassemble
__________________
2005 Limited V8 | 5100s at 2.5" Front | FJ Coils F/B | Daystar 1.5" back | Level 8 Mk6 | Dynapro ATM 265/70/17
jconusn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM #791
jconusn's Avatar
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
jconusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blute View Post
Thanks for the info! If that front spacer is actually 1.5" thick, then folks should be getting 3" of lift. I really don't want more than 2.5" of front lift with 1.5" in the rear. I guess I will keep searching the forum to see if anyone else has reported actual lift heights...
This thread might shed insight: I don't think people are seeing a full 3" as it goes down numerically as you increase spacer size, ie..1" will give you 2" and 2" will give you 3.75" (pure estimations).


How to make a daystar 2.5/1.5 perfectly level
__________________
2005 Limited V8 | 5100s at 2.5" Front | FJ Coils F/B | Daystar 1.5" back | Level 8 Mk6 | Dynapro ATM 265/70/17
jconusn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 PM #792
jconusn's Avatar
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
jconusn jconusn is offline
Member
jconusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 51
jconusn is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
Thanks all. I think the Daystar 2.5/1.5 is definitely the way to go for me.

This is what I want...the pic at the top of this page......

Lift and Tire Central (pics)... Post 'em Up!
Then you are good to go my friend! Easiest way to go, and no downsides, keep XREAS, and improve looks/tire options!
__________________
2005 Limited V8 | 5100s at 2.5" Front | FJ Coils F/B | Daystar 1.5" back | Level 8 Mk6 | Dynapro ATM 265/70/17
jconusn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 PM #793
JohnnyT's Avatar
JohnnyT JohnnyT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 837
JohnnyT is on a distinguished road
JohnnyT JohnnyT is offline
Member
JohnnyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 837
JohnnyT is on a distinguished road
Anyone know of a good reliable shop,in NJ that has experience installing the Daystar spacers with XREAS?
__________________
2007 Sport 4x4 V8, Magnetic Gray - stock
JohnnyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:30 PM #794
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER's Avatar
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER ARK_SWAMP_RIDER is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,239
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough
MY GARAGE
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER ARK_SWAMP_RIDER is offline
Senior Member
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,239
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER will become famous soon enough
MY GARAGE
Look like you guys are on the right track. I've installed the 2.5/1.5 and also the budget boost, install is the same (unless you get the 2.5/1.5 kit from Wheeler's that still used the preload spacer). 2.5/1.5 or Budgest boost front/1.5 rear would be the same difficulty to install, I can't say one is better than the other. It's purely up the the individual and how much rake they want left. When I did the 2.5/1.5, the results were very close to 2.5/1.5.

With the design of these kits, the install is very easy. The only problem is that for you guys up north, rust can be a real issue. I'd read through the write-ups and find every bolt you'll need to touch, then start soaking it in penetrating oil (WD-40 or similar) every day for at least a week. Any shop that does suspension or lift installs can do it. If they are not familiar with XREAS, just be sure they don't disconnect the lines and it'll be fine. It's not a hard install if you decide to do it yourself.
__________________
2003 Limited V8 - sold - Build Thread | JL Audio amp/sub | Icon stage 2 | 1/2" Body Lift | 265/70/18 Nitto TG G2's | 18" Limited wheels | Spidertrax | Clazzio's

2016 Trail Premium - Bilstein 5100 | Airlift 1000 | 285/70/17 Cooper AT3 4S | XenonDepot HID | RAV4 Blindspot Mirrors | Kicker Subaru Tweeter Upgrade | Lock'er Down Console Safe | Sprint Booster
ARK_SWAMP_RIDER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:37 AM #795
stanleybb50's Avatar
stanleybb50 stanleybb50 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,349
stanleybb50 is on a distinguished road
stanleybb50 stanleybb50 is offline
Senior Member
stanleybb50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,349
stanleybb50 is on a distinguished road
I think I'm literally the only one to do the following. Probably because people can just put the Bilsteins on the 3rd setting to get a similar lift... I just didn't want too much preload or topout, and went for a little bit of both:

- Bilstein 5100's fronts set at 0.85" (1" lift, although they call it 0.85). This essentially have me 1" lift from preloading, which is what the 5100's do to achieve the lift.
- Also front = Toytec 1/2 (topout spacer) which installs like the Daystar. I forget the part #... Like "Top-1T" or something like that.

The above essentially nets out to 2" front lift, by getting 1" from the billies (preload) and 1" from the topout. Had this on for a year + and love it and very happy with my choice.

- Rear = Cornfed 1" rear spacer (for 1" rear lift)

2/1 overall and quite happy! Be forewarned, once you start lifting though - you might find you want to be "even higher"... Lol. Thus the Daystar is cheap and frankly, gets you a little higher, and could be a good choice.
__________________
2006 T4R SR5 v8 4wd: Napa Ultra Premium Rotors; Weather Tech liners; AVS Ventshades; Westin Bull Bar; Hydrocarbon Delete; Blackhoused Headlights; Fog Light Mod; Sulfer TSB; Magnaflow 22" Muffler (#12586); Front: Bilstein 5100's set at .85" + Toytec 1" Net "Top1-T" Spacer = 2" total Front Lift; Rear: Cornfed 1" + Air Lift 1000; Plasti-Dip center grill + rear Toyota Emblem; JVC Bluetooth + HD Radio HDR81BT

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-me...purchased.html
stanleybb50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'90 Suspension Options brettniles Classic T4Rs 11 05-29-2013 03:41 PM
Suspension Options/FAQ Alex T4R 5th gen T4Rs 9 03-10-2013 12:48 AM
Options for Upgrading Non-KDSS Suspension on a TE jerlane 5th gen T4Rs 10 04-19-2012 06:47 PM
Suspension Options mckinley 5th gen T4Rs 0 01-16-2011 12:57 PM
Suspension Options thread? trd_4runnin 3rd gen T4Rs 8 02-02-2010 06:01 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2019


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.