User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2018, 11:58 PM #61
Joex481's Avatar
Joex481 Joex481 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NE WI
Posts: 142
Joex481 is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
Joex481 Joex481 is offline
Member
Joex481's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NE WI
Posts: 142
Joex481 is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inv4drZm View Post
Alright, stupid question time...

For those with a stove on the drawers, does your interior ever smell like the food you just cooked? I'd imagine if you had your doors open and the breeze was the right direction, it would, but what about w/ doors closed and just the hatch open with a breeze?

Not that I mind the smell of bacon.
This was a major concern of mine but I figured I'd just roll with it. The smell from cooking doesn't stick around from what I've noticed. Honestly I've smelled more from food-related items stored in the car, especially after they've been heated up from the sun.
__________________
2004 4Runner 2WD SE V8
Spec-D Chrome Halo Lights, MTX 8" Sub, Pumpkin Android Stereo, Aftermarket Sub, Goodyear Wrangler TrailRunner AT 265/70/R17, Independent Fog Light Mod, Steelcraft Bull Bar, SpiderTraxx 1.25" Spacers, Daystar 2.5/1.5, 5th Gen Front Brakes, TheAdventureIndex Drawer System

2007 Camry SE V6
Joex481 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:39 AM #62
bagelsjustbagels bagelsjustbagels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 393
Real Name: Adam
bagelsjustbagels is on a distinguished road
bagelsjustbagels bagelsjustbagels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 393
Real Name: Adam
bagelsjustbagels is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joex481 View Post
This was a major concern of mine but I figured I'd just roll with it. The smell from cooking doesn't stick around from what I've noticed. Honestly I've smelled more from food-related items stored in the car, especially after they've been heated up from the sun.
Many meals cooked. just wipe it down and youre good!
__________________
2nd Gen (Sold) | T4ROTM Winner
2005 V8 Sport Overland Build
FREE Camping/Overlanding Drawer plans! -> - TheAdventureIndex.com
bagelsjustbagels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:11 PM #63
Boort's Avatar
Boort Boort is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 105
Boort is on a distinguished road
Boort Boort is offline
Member
Boort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 105
Boort is on a distinguished road
@chewyspark47
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewyspark47 View Post
Would it be possible to get in truck pics?
Please enjoy some VERY expensive pictures. (Dropped the SO's phone while taking them and had to buy a replacement as the damage was not covered by Insurance. Took me a better part of my spare time last week to recover these pics and the rest of her data from the broken phone. )

Look at Sleeping platform supports installed on front of Drawer system from Passenger Rear door both Rear Seats folded down:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Look at Sleeping platform supports installed on front of Drawer system from Drivers Rear door with Passenger Side Platform installed. This view is similar to one of the Sketchup renders I posted earlier.:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Look at Sleeping platform installed on Passenger Side Platform from rear of Truck (Drawer Fronts and side Panels removed for measuring some improvements for next year):
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Boort
Attached Images
4th Gen Camping/Storage System - DIY- Free plans!-2018_132753-jpg  4th Gen Camping/Storage System - DIY- Free plans!-2018_132943-jpg  4th Gen Camping/Storage System - DIY- Free plans!-2018_132906-jpg 
__________________
-- 1997 Tacoma v6 Std Cab
-- 2006 4Runner v8
Boort is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 PM #64
Joex481's Avatar
Joex481 Joex481 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NE WI
Posts: 142
Joex481 is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
Joex481 Joex481 is offline
Member
Joex481's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NE WI
Posts: 142
Joex481 is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boort View Post
@chewyspark47


Please enjoy some VERY expensive pictures. (Dropped the SO's phone while taking them and had to buy a replacement as the damage was not covered by Insurance. Took me a better part of my spare time last week to recover these pics and the rest of her data from the broken phone. )

Look at Sleeping platform supports installed on front of Drawer system from Passenger Rear door both Rear Seats folded down:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Look at Sleeping platform supports installed on front of Drawer system from Drivers Rear door with Passenger Side Platform installed. This view is similar to one of the Sketchup renders I posted earlier.:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Look at Sleeping platform installed on Passenger Side Platform from rear of Truck (Drawer Fronts and side Panels removed for measuring some improvements for next year):
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Boort
Fantastic! Looks great. I went your route and put carpeting on the top of mine as well. I am really going to consider making these platforms as well, at least the 60 portion as I have a 4x4 piece left from the project yet...

Do you have any sort of latching mechanism? Any issues with the pieces sliding forward?

I'm sorry about your SO's phone... don't we all have those moments...
__________________
2004 4Runner 2WD SE V8
Spec-D Chrome Halo Lights, MTX 8" Sub, Pumpkin Android Stereo, Aftermarket Sub, Goodyear Wrangler TrailRunner AT 265/70/R17, Independent Fog Light Mod, Steelcraft Bull Bar, SpiderTraxx 1.25" Spacers, Daystar 2.5/1.5, 5th Gen Front Brakes, TheAdventureIndex Drawer System

2007 Camry SE V6
Joex481 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:57 PM #65
Boort's Avatar
Boort Boort is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 105
Boort is on a distinguished road
Boort Boort is offline
Member
Boort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 105
Boort is on a distinguished road
@Joex481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joex481 View Post
Fantastic! Looks great. I went your route and put carpeting on the top of mine as well. I am really going to consider making these platforms as well, at least the 60 portion as I have a 4x4 piece left from the project yet...

Do you have any sort of latching mechanism? Any issues with the pieces sliding forward?

I'm sorry about your SO's phone... don't we all have those moments...
Thank you.

I find that I use the 60 portion most of the time as the cooler fits nicely in the 40 spot with the seat down and the 60 leaves me plenty of room to sleep when I'm out by myself.

No latching mechanism between the platform and the supports, just gravity. so far no problems with the platform sliding. Each of the supports are held upright by 1 screw just to keep them stable. It's hard to tell from the pic (2018_132943.jpg) but the supports are longer than the room the piece has to slide before hitting the back of the seat. Normally this gap is about 2 inches smaller as I move the front seats back and slightly recline them, pushing the seat bottoms rearwards, closing the gap. If I ever have to remake them I'll go buy a bigger piece of plywood and make them each 2.5"-3.5" longer front to back. These were made from the left over ply from the drawers and I did not want to go buy another sheet.

Yes we do. Sucks cause Christmas is coming and now we're out another $300 that was not in the budget on top of everything else this year.
Oh well... Life goes on.

Boort
__________________
-- 1997 Tacoma v6 Std Cab
-- 2006 4Runner v8
Boort is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:55 AM #66
SummitRunner SummitRunner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: California
Posts: 47
SummitRunner is on a distinguished road
SummitRunner SummitRunner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: California
Posts: 47
SummitRunner is on a distinguished road
Nice plans, thanks for sharing
SummitRunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:39 PM #67
bagelsjustbagels bagelsjustbagels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 393
Real Name: Adam
bagelsjustbagels is on a distinguished road
bagelsjustbagels bagelsjustbagels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 393
Real Name: Adam
bagelsjustbagels is on a distinguished road


Humor me - hahaha
__________________
2nd Gen (Sold) | T4ROTM Winner
2005 V8 Sport Overland Build
FREE Camping/Overlanding Drawer plans! -> - TheAdventureIndex.com
bagelsjustbagels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:45 AM #68
slomatt slomatt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 219
slomatt is on a distinguished road
slomatt slomatt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 219
slomatt is on a distinguished road
By my math that's 1/2 off the normal price, sounds like a good deal!
__________________
2000 4Runner Sport | 5 speed | e-locker | SS 1.2 | 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns on FZJ80 rims | ARB Prado | Stubbs HD-SKO | Lilí Skipís Offroad Gas Tank Skid
slomatt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:59 PM #69
chewyspark47 chewyspark47 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Norcal
Posts: 54
chewyspark47 is on a distinguished road
chewyspark47 chewyspark47 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Norcal
Posts: 54
chewyspark47 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boort View Post
@chewyspark47


Please enjoy some VERY expensive pictures. (Dropped the SO's phone while taking them and had to buy a replacement as the damage was not covered by Insurance. Took me a better part of my spare time last week to recover these pics and the rest of her data from the broken phone. )

Look at Sleeping platform supports installed on front of Drawer system from Passenger Rear door both Rear Seats folded down:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Look at Sleeping platform supports installed on front of Drawer system from Drivers Rear door with Passenger Side Platform installed. This view is similar to one of the Sketchup renders I posted earlier.:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Look at Sleeping platform installed on Passenger Side Platform from rear of Truck (Drawer Fronts and side Panels removed for measuring some improvements for next year):
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attach...1&d=1541383411

Boort
Thank you for your sacrifice! It will be honored and appreciated by many!

This will give me something to do while save up for bumper/winch.
chewyspark47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:45 AM #70
JustSomeName's Avatar
JustSomeName JustSomeName is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 886
JustSomeName is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
JustSomeName JustSomeName is offline
Member
JustSomeName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 886
JustSomeName is on a distinguished road
MY GARAGE
From a fellow Bay Area native to another, thanks for the blueprints and the inspiration!

I followed your blueprints for the carcasses, but made slight adjustments to the drawers themselves.

I also wrapped the carcasses with some subwoofer carpeting.





Lastly, I chose to not build the cover for the wheel wells and instead, used a couple eye/hook turnbuckles to secure the boxes to the front anchor points.



They're not perfect, but they're good enough for my first DIY woodworking project. Thanks again!
__________________
Golden State RUNNER
2008 Galactic Gray SR5 4x4 V6

Build Thread
Photo Album
JustSomeName is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:47 PM #71
deepsea22 deepsea22 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 7
deepsea22 is on a distinguished road
deepsea22 deepsea22 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 7
deepsea22 is on a distinguished road
These plans are great! I plan on building this to use on my cross country road trip to California.
deepsea22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:59 PM #72
SummitRunner SummitRunner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: California
Posts: 47
SummitRunner is on a distinguished road
SummitRunner SummitRunner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: California
Posts: 47
SummitRunner is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the DIY Free plans!
__________________
2004 4Runner Limited, v8, 4WD

Overlanding Travel App for iPhone

"Great things are done when men and mountains meet." -William Blake
SummitRunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Storage Drawer FREE (Alexandria, VA) VCU4Runner Free 6 01-08-2015 07:32 PM
FREE Custom Storage Drawer (Alexandria, VA) VCU4Runner For Sale: T4R Items 5 12-23-2014 10:00 PM
Looking for plans..Rear Storage to fold out Sleeping Platform? 7B Snow 3rd gen T4Rs 14 01-12-2014 01:25 PM
Rear Storage Plans + Build thread bryancostanich 3rd gen T4Rs 5 06-06-2011 10:44 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2019


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.