Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   That_Titanium_4RNR Build Thread (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/270778-that_titanium_4rnr-build-thread.html)

AuSeeker 10-17-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That_Titanium_4RNR (Post 3373308)
my favorite one

Is that in Uwharrie NF?

That_Titanium_4RNR 10-17-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3373539)
Is that in Uwharrie NF?

That's right, all these pictures are. It's about 3 hours from me

AuSeeker 10-17-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That_Titanium_4RNR (Post 3373542)
That's right, all these pictures are. It's about 3 hours from me

I love going there, I don't go there to go offroading, I go there to find gold that why my user's name is Au Seeker, I'm a gold prospector, I just wish I could get some money from TV show producers so I can get paid to find gold as well!! LOL

That being said I do a bit offroading there in the pursue of the gold.

hinmo24t 10-18-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3373545)
I love going there, I don't go there to go offroading, I go there to find gold that why my user's name is Au Seeker, I'm a gold prospector, I just wish I could get some money from TV show producers so I can get paid to find gold as well!! LOL

That being said I do a bit offroading there in the pursue of the gold.

on the east coast? im a big fan of those gold rush shows. the bering sea gold one is a little depressing imo. i often times think about sitting here at my desk job vs going and making my claim out there, because i dont booze and am pretty fit and like to work/nature. id be up before most of them slept off their hangovers as a competitive advantage i believe. btw i have perspective w all that and dont judge, just thinking business.

That_Titanium_4RNR 10-18-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3373545)
I love going there, I don't go there to go offroading, I go there to find gold that why my user's name is Au Seeker, I'm a gold prospector, I just wish I could get some money from TV show producers so I can get paid to find gold as well!! LOL

That being said I do a bit offroading there in the pursue of the gold.

Dude you really need to check out the trails. They're so fun and the easy ones are doable with even a stock 4Runner.

AuSeeker 10-18-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hinmo24t (Post 3373879)
on the east coast? im a big fan of those gold rush shows. the bering sea gold one is a little depressing imo. i often times think about sitting here at my desk job vs going and making my claim out there, because i dont booze and am pretty fit and like to work/nature. id be up before most of them slept off their hangovers as a competitive advantage i believe. btw i have perspective w all that and dont judge, just thinking business.

There a lot of gold on the east coast..but most of it is on private property, you also can't stake a mineral claim east of the Mississippi River as you can in the western states, the reason being is all public land out west is still own by the people of the USA...but try telling that to most politicians...they think the public land out west is owned by the US government...NOT...east of the Mississippi all "public" land was once private land that was purchased by the US government for National Parks and National Forests and that land is indeed own by the US government.

Going after gold is harder than most would think, it's some of the hardest work I have ever done and many times, more often than not you find no gold.

There's a saying in the gold prospecting world..."If you want to end up with a million dollars mining gold...start out with 2 million dollars and quit after losing the first million!!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by That_Titanium_4RNR (Post 3373900)
Dude you really need to check out the trails. They're so fun and the easy ones are doable with even a stock 4Runner.

I'm usually press for time when I go up there since I live about 6 hours away and I would rather spend it finding gold...but if I ever have some spare time up there I will check out the trails!

That_Titanium_4RNR 10-21-2019 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well guys, I went ahead and made an Instagram just for the 4Runner to get all my build pics off of my personal account. It's the same as my @ here. So if you are interested in seeing all of the progress I have made along with my adventure pictures please give it a follow. I follow back too!

That_Titanium_4RNR 11-20-2019 04:18 PM

Got a few mods coming around the corner....

Buying another member's RTMR setup, along with a Sherpa Rack and CaliRaised dual function lightbar. Black Friday season is going to be rough on my wallet lol....

Sleeping platform is in the works too, but I am keeping an eye on the Sherpa folks and their drawer system. :naughty:

rooneyy 11-20-2019 06:54 PM

Awning mounting
 
hey quick question, what mountin are you using to mount your awning to the factory rack? I love how clean it looks!

I have an ARB 2500 Awning and I can't seem to mount it nicely.

That_Titanium_4RNR 11-21-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooneyy (Post 3393667)
hey quick question, what mountin are you using to mount your awning to the factory rack? I love how clean it looks!

I have an ARB 2500 Awning and I can't seem to mount it nicely.

Great question, I honestly don't know what mount it is, I bought it off a guy used and he didn't mention what brand it was, let me ask and see if he remembers..I will say, I am getting a Sherpa rack soon, and won't be needing the mounts anymore so maybe you'd be interested in purchasing

That_Titanium_4RNR 11-21-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooneyy (Post 3393667)
hey quick question, what mountin are you using to mount your awning to the factory rack? I love how clean it looks!

I have an ARB 2500 Awning and I can't seem to mount it nicely.

So after a bit of research it seems they are made by @Maadcaap , I messaged him to see if he still makes them. No idea what he sold/sells them for.

rooneyy 11-21-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That_Titanium_4RNR (Post 3394087)
So after a bit of research it seems they are made by @Maadcaap , I messaged him to see if he still makes them. No idea what he sold/sells them for.

Ahh ok gotcha. I appreciate the info! I was going to buy the quick release mount for the ARB awning and just drill it into my factory rails.

Thank you again!

That_Titanium_4RNR 11-21-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooneyy (Post 3394097)
Ahh ok gotcha. I appreciate the info! I was going to buy the quick release mount for the ARB awning and just drill it into my factory rails.

Thank you again!

If he doesn't sell them anymore you can always buy mine when I get my rack installed

rooneyy 11-21-2019 07:08 PM

That would be amazing! I'm definitely down for that. What and when are you getting your new rack installed? Gotta see pictures!

That_Titanium_4RNR 11-25-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooneyy (Post 3394424)
That would be amazing! I'm definitely down for that. What and when are you getting your new rack installed? Gotta see pictures!

gotta order it first but planning on the Sherpa!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger