User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2020, 07:53 PM #16
Kai-runner's Avatar
Kai-runner Kai-runner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13
Kai-runner is on a distinguished road
Kai-runner Kai-runner is offline
Junior Member
Kai-runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13
Kai-runner is on a distinguished road
I'm interested - in Boulder. Recently bought a new-to-me 4Runner. 2007 V6 4wd. Basically stock except for minor maintenance and cosmetic things (tint, plasti-dip emblems, LED lights). I don't plan on modding for any serious off-roading but happy to meet others and do some light off-roading.
__________________
2007 SE 4WD V6 | Galactic Gray
Kai-runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:14 AM #17
MrSeth's Avatar
MrSeth MrSeth is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Crawlorado
Posts: 317
MrSeth has a spectacular aura about MrSeth has a spectacular aura about
MrSeth MrSeth is offline
Member
MrSeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Crawlorado
Posts: 317
MrSeth has a spectacular aura about MrSeth has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai-runner View Post
I'm interested - in Boulder. Recently bought a new-to-me 4Runner. 2007 V6 4wd. Basically stock except for minor maintenance and cosmetic things (tint, plasti-dip emblems, LED lights). I don't plan on modding for any serious off-roading but happy to meet others and do some light off-roading.
Thats just fine. I love Switzerland trail and hitting up Avery afterwards. Fun to bomb down Pearl St. with dirty rigs hah.
__________________
MrSeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:54 AM #18
Kai-runner's Avatar
Kai-runner Kai-runner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13
Kai-runner is on a distinguished road
Kai-runner Kai-runner is offline
Junior Member
Kai-runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13
Kai-runner is on a distinguished road
Hey all, I"m looking to upgrade/replace the brakes on my '07 and went to order parts from Rock Auto but see they are not shipping to Boulder/CO (?). Did some research and see it is because of last year's Wayfair Supreme Court decision - the only cities in CO they ship to are the ones that depend solely on state tax and those they have registered with and are paying city taxes for. I guess they haven't registered with Boulder/Boulder County? Anyway, have any of you CO owners ordered parts from RA recently?

The message I get at RA's checkout is:

Quote:
We cannot ship to this address because it requires sales tax paid separately to state and city governments. We comply with state-administered taxes nationwide but we do not have the capacity to file city tax returns in places where we have no physical presence.
__________________
2007 SE 4WD V6 | Galactic Gray
Kai-runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:22 AM #19
Burt Burt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver Area
Posts: 602
Burt is on a distinguished road
Burt Burt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Denver Area
Posts: 602
Burt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai-runner View Post
Hey all, I"m looking to upgrade/replace the brakes on my '07 and went to order parts from Rock Auto but see they are not shipping to Boulder/CO (?). Did some research and see it is because of last year's Wayfair Supreme Court decision - the only cities in CO they ship to are the ones that depend solely on state tax and those they have registered with and are paying city taxes for. I guess they haven't registered with Boulder/Boulder County? Anyway, have any of you CO owners ordered parts from RA recently?

The message I get at RA's checkout is:
Just received order last week from RockAuto, no such issue. I live in unincorporated Douglas County, so only state tax apply.
__________________
Burt

2008 SR5 V6 4WD
1984 1/2 GT350 Mustang
2005 F250 SuperDuty 6.0PSD FX4 Lariat
Burt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:04 AM #20
Kai-runner's Avatar
Kai-runner Kai-runner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13
Kai-runner is on a distinguished road
Kai-runner Kai-runner is offline
Junior Member
Kai-runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13
Kai-runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Just received order last week from RockAuto, no such issue. I live in unincorporated Douglas County, so only state tax apply.
Thanks for the data point! I ended up just sourcing the parts from elsewhere and getting close to Rock Auto's prices.

-5th gen Calipers - CariD; free shipping and offers core returns
-5th gen Rotors - Amazon; free prime shipping (no free shipping from CariD )
-Pads - Walmart; free in-store pickup (no free shipping from CariD )
__________________
2007 SE 4WD V6 | Galactic Gray
Kai-runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:11 AM #21
Magnetnerd Magnetnerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 52
Magnetnerd is on a distinguished road
Magnetnerd Magnetnerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 52
Magnetnerd is on a distinguished road
Looking to get an 06-09 V8 in the (hopefully) near future. I know that cracked headers are a common issue and was planning on replacing them (on a truck I don't even own yet...) with Doug Thorley headers. Does anyone know if I'd still pass CO emissions, or where I could find that info?
Magnetnerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:47 PM #22
MrSeth's Avatar
MrSeth MrSeth is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Crawlorado
Posts: 317
MrSeth has a spectacular aura about MrSeth has a spectacular aura about
MrSeth MrSeth is offline
Member
MrSeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Crawlorado
Posts: 317
MrSeth has a spectacular aura about MrSeth has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetnerd View Post
Looking to get an 06-09 V8 in the (hopefully) near future. I know that cracked headers are a common issue and was planning on replacing them (on a truck I don't even own yet...) with Doug Thorley headers. Does anyone know if I'd still pass CO emissions, or where I could find that info?
As long as you retain your cats, you will pass the sniffer test. OR if you are on 35" tires, you won't fit on the rollers to do the test, so they just scan your OBDII for fail codes.

On a side note, when originally released, the 4th gen 4Runners (even V8's) were listed as ULEVs!
__________________
MrSeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:20 PM #23
Magnetnerd Magnetnerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 52
Magnetnerd is on a distinguished road
Magnetnerd Magnetnerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 52
Magnetnerd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSeth View Post
As long as you retain your cats, you will pass the sniffer test. OR if you are on 35" tires, you won't fit on the rollers to do the test, so they just scan your OBDII for fail codes.

On a side note, when originally released, the 4th gen 4Runners (even V8's) were listed as ULEVs!
Sweet! Thank you for clarifying! Also interesting that even the V8's were listed as ULEV's!

Does anyone know why the 06's seem to be way more common than 07-09? I'm looking anywhere from 06-09, I've found 6 06's in my area and that's it (for the V8's). Weird, right?
Magnetnerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:34 PM #24
AuSeeker AuSeeker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bluffton S.C.
Posts: 3,096
Real Name: Skip
AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold
AuSeeker AuSeeker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bluffton S.C.
Posts: 3,096
Real Name: Skip
AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold AuSeeker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetnerd View Post
Sweet! Thank you for clarifying! Also interesting that even the V8's were listed as ULEV's!

Does anyone know why the 06's seem to be way more common than 07-09? I'm looking anywhere from 06-09, I've found 6 06's in my area and that's it (for the V8's). Weird, right?
T4R sales numbers started dropping in 2007 and then in 2008 and 2009 those sales numbers drop dramatically more each of those years, down more than 3/4 of what 2007 numbers were in 2009.

The sales numbers for all T4R Generations are posted in the following topic.

COMPLETED: Toyota 4Runner US Sales 1984-Present
__________________
2004 Limited V8
AuSeeker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:56 AM #25
Magnetnerd Magnetnerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 52
Magnetnerd is on a distinguished road
Magnetnerd Magnetnerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 52
Magnetnerd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSeeker View Post
T4R sales numbers started dropping in 2007 and then in 2008 and 2009 those sales numbers drop dramatically more each of those years, down more than 3/4 of what 2007 numbers were in 2009.

The sales numbers for all T4R Generations are posted in the following topic.

COMPLETED: Toyota 4Runner US Sales 1984-Present
hahaha of course, the economy was tanking and gas prices were surging. Totally makes sense! I was beginning to think something was wrong with the 06's which is why there are so many for sale. Glad that's not the case. Thank you for that info!
Magnetnerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:42 PM #26
Magnetnerd Magnetnerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 52
Magnetnerd is on a distinguished road
Magnetnerd Magnetnerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 52
Magnetnerd is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have a shop that they'd recommend in my general area (Littleton CO) for a pre-purchase inspection and to do more labor-intensive work, such as timing belt replacement?
Magnetnerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:00 PM #27
Caldizzle's Avatar
Caldizzle Caldizzle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Denver
Posts: 82
Real Name: Calvin
Caldizzle will become famous soon enough
Caldizzle Caldizzle is offline
Member
Caldizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Denver
Posts: 82
Real Name: Calvin
Caldizzle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai-runner View Post
Thanks for the data point! I ended up just sourcing the parts from elsewhere and getting close to Rock Auto's prices.

-5th gen Calipers - CariD; free shipping and offers core returns
-5th gen Rotors - Amazon; free prime shipping (no free shipping from CariD )
-Pads - Walmart; free in-store pickup (no free shipping from CariD )
You'll want to make sure you got 4th gen rear rotors; others on this forum have reported issues with the parking brake after installing 5th gen rear rotors due to the parking brake hat being a larger diameter. Besides that the rear rotors are essentially the same between the 2 generations, the big upgrade is in the front rotors and calipers. 5th rear calipers work fine.
__________________
2006 Sport Edition 4x4 V8
Bilstein 6112 w/ King 700# springs (5th clip), Toytec 2" springs in the rear w/ ICON 2.0,
CBI single hoop front bumper, Smittybilt 9500 XRC, RCI steel full skid package, 285/70r17 BFG KO2s on TRD Offroad wheels
Caldizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:20 PM #28
04rnr's Avatar
04rnr 04rnr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,588
04rnr has a spectacular aura about 04rnr has a spectacular aura about
04rnr 04rnr is offline
Senior Member
04rnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,588
04rnr has a spectacular aura about 04rnr has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetnerd View Post
Does anyone know why the 06's seem to be way more common than 07-09? I'm looking anywhere from 06-09, I've found 6 06's in my area and that's it (for the V8's). Weird, right?
make sure if you go with bigger tires, you get a matching spare.... the V8 is full time 4WD (all wheel drive)

Just my .02 the reason so many V8s there really isnt any more power, with the V8 over the V6, Ive had them both...
Good lucj with your search
__________________
2007 Sport.
"Colorado is FULL, try N.M."
"Everyone is an expert"
04rnr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:58 PM #29
spartacus's Avatar
spartacus spartacus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: denver
Posts: 1,164
spartacus is just really nice spartacus is just really nice spartacus is just really nice spartacus is just really nice
spartacus spartacus is online now
Senior Member
spartacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: denver
Posts: 1,164
spartacus is just really nice spartacus is just really nice spartacus is just really nice spartacus is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetnerd View Post
Does anyone have a shop that they'd recommend in my general area (Littleton CO) for a pre-purchase inspection and to do more labor-intensive work, such as timing belt replacement?
I do all my own work but people recommend the toy shop Inc, denver on the forums. the mobile mechanic come to your place and do a good job they also charge good prices for pr purchase inspections. plus you get a quote online for all the work and you can compare to other shops.
Auto Repair by Top-Rated Mobile Mechanics | YourMechanic
spartacus is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:08 PM #30
jacinda jacinda is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: vancouver
Posts: 29
jacinda is on a distinguished road
jacinda jacinda is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: vancouver
Posts: 29
jacinda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rnr View Post
I honestly think its worth another shot, we would have to have some sort of rules, and they would have to be enforced for sure.
Every group or club starts out with great intentions but seems to let people slide and that in turn, turns people off and they start leaving or not being a part of the group anymore.
We had a small but great group years ago, a great group of guys that just loved wheeling, wrenching and modding rigs, that actually cared about our trails and we never left a trail with any empty trash bags lol. Most got married and started families, moved away or got other hobbies, so it slowly died out.
We was pretty open to who wheeled with us, but told them straight up, no drugs, no alcohol, stay on the trail and if you see any trash, just stop and pick it up..

Id like to get in another group like that, and Im willing to help get it going.
+1
jacinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4runners , group , lift , set , trail

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to 4Runners, what should I look for? DZA4 General Discussions 3 12-10-2014 08:00 PM
Two 4runners, don't know what to do!! david.con 3rd gen T4Rs 12 12-22-2011 11:14 PM
New to 4runners Andrew v.s wild New Members 2 09-21-2009 03:36 AM
I'm new to 4runners and need help stay-true 4th Gen T4Rs 3 06-25-2007 11:31 PM
For those of you with the 4.7L v8 4runners.... Mr. Lambdebois 4th Gen T4Rs 9 01-14-2006 10:57 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020