User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2021, 06:01 PM #31
ieatfish's Avatar
ieatfish ieatfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 70
ieatfish is on a distinguished road
ieatfish ieatfish is offline
Member
ieatfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 70
ieatfish is on a distinguished road
Looks good! Been wanting to make a molle panel for my driver's window. Started the CAD and checking around with some friends and family who have machining access. I was looking at the Rago fabrication ones but they come in pairs. These look interesting, wonder what their turnaround is with no customization...
__________________
2006 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD V6
General Grabber ATX 265/70R17
Daystar 2.5/1.5" Lift - KT09115BK
ieatfish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:27 PM #32
P_nlsn's Avatar
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
P_nlsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatfish View Post
Looks good! Been wanting to make a molle panel for my driver's window. Started the CAD and checking around with some friends and family who have machining access. I was looking at the Rago fabrication ones but they come in pairs. These look interesting, wonder what their turnaround is with no customization...
Yeah, unlike the Rago, these can be bought individually - and they are fully customizable - every square inch of the panel can be designed to whatever you want

I believe my poor shipment times were the result of multiple things - the holidays, the pandemic, maybe even just the company itself, who knows. I placed my order in late November, and then I assume it got lost in the beginning surge of holiday orders. We were finally contacted around January about the order and began the process of designing my cut out for the console rack. The rear racks came 2 months after that, and the console rack came 2 more months after those, beacause of, if I remember correctly, a lack of inventory and a large amount of back orders at the company that laser cuts for them

I would assume now that everything has calmed down, the turn around would be a ton faster. The website says 1-2 weeks for absolutely no customization, 3 weeks for a custom color, and 6-8 weeks for custom cutouts and inlays
__________________

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 322k miles // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's // @toto.runner // Build Thread

"Don't worry, I'm a professional idiot - I've been doing stupid stuff my whole life"
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:42 PM #33
P_nlsn's Avatar
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
P_nlsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
Senior Pics

As is typical with people of my age and my kind - I had some of (well, more like most of) my senior pics taken with my truck. I think they turned out pretty good, and since it's Toto, I figured this was an appropriate place to share them







Shout out to Mason Nelson (aka my brother and the dude with the dope trailblazer I always take pics with) for taking and editing these! Check him out, he's definitely a gifted photographer: Mason Nelson Photography's Website - Mason Nelson Photography on Instagram

__________________

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 322k miles // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's // @toto.runner // Build Thread

"Don't worry, I'm a professional idiot - I've been doing stupid stuff my whole life"

Last edited by P_nlsn; 06-30-2021 at 02:46 PM.
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:23 PM #34
P_nlsn's Avatar
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
P_nlsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_nlsn View Post
Coastal Offroad Oil Pan Skid Plate
Coastal Offroad Transfer case Skid Plate
These things turned out pretty great! After a week or two of multiple hours each day though, they were a bit more than the weekend project I was expecting

+=====================================+
Assembly Notes:

The assembly is pretty straight forward. Much like with the coastal bumper, the instructions are clear and have well detailed diagrams to assist in the assembly.

The only problem I ran into... was nothing fit right. I believe all of my problems were because of my diff drop though. We inquired about the diff drop before buying the kit and were assured the kit was compatible - but I believe we were told wrong. A decent bit of altercation/fabrication was required to make everything work

+=====================================+
Assembly:

Because of my diff drop, nothing lined up properly. The first thing I had to adjust were the slots of the middle bolt holes. I just filed them out with a file - a lot




Next I had to fill a gap between the front piece and middle piece. There was a solid 0.5"-ish gap left - even after filing the slots on both pieces about as much as I could - so I had to find something to fill it with. I found an 1/8" thick piece of flat bar in my garage, so I cut it to size and used that as my filler






Once I got that sorted out, it was time to get the rear piece to fit too. Because the middle piece was pushed so far back, I also had to file the slots on the end of the rear piece too. Once everything fit, it was time to weld it all up. I will be the first to say some of the welds aren't the prettiest - but in my defense, I had the mind set of "its a skid plate, who cares, no one will see it", and it was like 95 degrees outside with a humidity of 110 percent (stupid Arkansas summers), so I was just ready to get done with it. I did full welds on every outside joint, and stitch welds on every inside joint







Once welding and grinding was done, it was time to paint and finish them up. I used Rustoleum clean metal primer, then Rustoleum flat black protective enamel and Krylon Fusion Matte Red Pepper. I decided to rattle can them instead of powder coat cause they're skid plates - they're gonna get beat to crap, so I figured the powder coat was a waste of money and spray paint would be way easier to touch up and repaint when needed






Threw on the red stipe just for the heck of it to make them a little more unique

__________________

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 322k miles // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's // @toto.runner // Build Thread

"Don't worry, I'm a professional idiot - I've been doing stupid stuff my whole life"

Last edited by P_nlsn; 06-29-2021 at 01:29 PM.
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:00 PM #35
montijo505's Avatar
montijo505 montijo505 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Posts: 2,039
montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of
montijo505 montijo505 is offline
Senior Member
montijo505's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Posts: 2,039
montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of montijo505 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_nlsn View Post
These things turned out pretty great! After a week or two of multiple hours each day though, they were a bit more than the weekend project I was expecting

+=====================================+
Assembly Notes:

The assembly is pretty straight forward. Much like with the coastal bumper, the instructions are clear and have well detailed diagrams to assist in the assembly.

The only problem I ran into... was nothing fit right. I believe all of my problems were because of my diff drop though. We inquired about the diff drop before buying the kit and were assured the kit was compatible - but I believe we were told wrong. A decent bit of altercation/fabrication was required to make everything work

+=====================================+
Assembly:

Because of my diff drop, nothing lined up properly. The first thing I had to adjust were the slots of the middle bolt holes. I just filed them out with a file - a lot




Next I had to fill a gap between the front piece and middle piece. There was a solid 0.5"-ish gap left - even after filing the slots on both pieces about as much as I could - so I had to find something to fill it with. I found an 1/8" thick piece of flat bar in my garage, so I cut it to size and used that as my filler






Once I got that sorted out, it was time to get the rear piece to fit too. Because the middle piece was pushed so far back, I also had to file the slots on the end of the rear piece too. Once everything fit, it was time to weld it all up. I will be the first to say some of the welds aren't the prettiest - but in my defense, I had the mind set of "its a skid plate, who cares, no one will see it", and it was like 95 degrees outside with a humidity of 110 percent (stupid Arkansas summers), so I was just ready to get done with it. I did full welds on every outside joint, and stitch welds on every inside joint







Once welding and grinding was done, it was time to paint and finish them up. I used Rustoleum clean metal primer, then Rustoleum flat black protective enamel and Krylon Fusion Matte Red Pepper. I decided to rattle can them instead of powder coat cause they're skid plates - they're gonna get beat to crap, so I figured the powder coat was a waste of money and spray paint would be way easier to touch up and repaint when needed






Threw on the red stipe just for the heck of it to make them a little more unique


I had the same issues with the diff drop. However, I just spaced mine down with some nuts where it attaches to the radiator support and the spacers the stock skid used for the middle holes. The rear of the TC skid gave me the most problems as it was about two inches too long and the rear holes didnít line up. I think they may have used a V8 initially for measurements as I bought pretty early on. They looked into it when I notified them. After cutting off the excess and slotting the plate for the bolts, I got it to work.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
montijo505 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:39 PM #36
P_nlsn's Avatar
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
P_nlsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by montijo505 View Post
I had the same issues with the diff drop. However, I just spaced mine down with some nuts where it attaches to the radiator support and the spacers the stock skid used for the middle holes. The rear of the TC skid gave me the most problems as it was about two inches too long and the rear holes didnít line up. I think they may have used a V8 initially for measurements as I bought pretty early on. They looked into it when I notified them. After cutting off the excess and slotting the plate for the bolts, I got it to work.
Yeah, it probably would've been easiest to use the spacers that were on the stock skids, but it figured it would be a little stronger if I could get it to work without them (or maybe it wouldn't really make a difference, I don't know), so I wanted to try it. And because of the tube lengths and diff brackets, I still had to use a double spacer in the middle on the driver side, and a single spacer on the passenger side.

And I think you're right on the V8 thing, I remember reading somewhere that they initially used a V8 to design them, so the early batches of the v6 ones weren't quite a perfect fit
__________________

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 322k miles // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's // @toto.runner // Build Thread

"Don't worry, I'm a professional idiot - I've been doing stupid stuff my whole life"
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:13 PM #37
m4rGJA03 m4rGJA03 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Holland
Posts: 3
m4rGJA03 is on a distinguished road
m4rGJA03 m4rGJA03 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Holland
Posts: 3
m4rGJA03 is on a distinguished road
good plan and wish list! i have been driving my 2003 v8 limited since 2014, and have been driving on road only. currently i am stuck in 4lo, soon to be corrected. this is my first t4r and enjoy the drive, ride and power! i plan to build up for some off roading in future. enjoy and stay connected to us t4rs
m4rGJA03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 06:05 PM #38
P_nlsn's Avatar
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
P_nlsn P_nlsn is offline
Member
P_nlsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bryant, Arkansas
Age: 18
Posts: 109
Real Name: Parker
P_nlsn will become famous soon enough
Headlight Upgrade + Muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_nlsn View Post
'06-'09 Headlight Upgrade
MagnaFlow Muffler
Not much has happened with Toto lately - College has kinda put a dampener on my mod list. So I Just wanted to hop on here and give a little update:

Most of the recent work has just been maintenance - stuff like new CV's, pinion seal, LCA's, etc
+=======================+
MagnaFlow Muffler:
Chopped the resonator off and had an 18" magnaflow muffler put in to give the v6 a little more rumble. I got tired of how whiny it was, and I'm pretty happy with how it sounds now. It's definitely got more low end on it, but it's still quiet enough that it's not uncomfortable to drive long distances


+=======================+
'06-'09 Headlight Upgrade:
I also recently swapped my horrendously faded and yellowed headlights with some fresh 06-09 housings

Before:


After:


I bought the housings off of RockAuto , and I got the color matched bumper fillers from my local Toyota dealer. For bulbs, I went with Philips XtremeVision in both low and high beams. I'm pretty pleased with the output of the headlights, and the look of the housings - Not sure if the bulbs are that good, or if I just lost that much light through the discoloration of the old housings
__________________

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 322k miles // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's // @toto.runner // Build Thread

"Don't worry, I'm a professional idiot - I've been doing stupid stuff my whole life"

Last edited by P_nlsn; 09-19-2021 at 06:13 PM.
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build , kenwood , lift , radio , speakers

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
>BUILD THREAD< The4kbeast's 3rd-Gen 2000 T4R SR5 (Highlander Edition) 4x4 Build The4kbeast 3rd gen T4Rs 285 07-25-2018 09:37 PM
1998 T4R Build Thread/Rear bumper build 4running11191 4running11191 3rd gen T4Rs 3 09-19-2014 07:07 PM
Snow White build 2006 v8 adventure overland apocalypse build Dubs Chops 4th Gen T4Rs 24 04-25-2014 09:25 AM
Guyduebro's Surf build..De-build Guydudebro 3rd gen T4Rs 3 03-17-2013 08:27 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020