Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:09 AM

LWN is on a distinguished road

LWN is on a distinguished road
Mods - ATRAC & Locking rear dif in other than 4L

I'm loving my T4R TE, but am somewhat annoyed about the limitations of ATRAC & the locking rear diff. Specifically, you must be in 4L to use either of them, and to use them together you must be going < 4 mph. That's fine for rock crawling, but not much help in mud or sand. There are a number of mods posted on other boards to get around these same issues with Tacomas and FJ's. Has anyone had tried these mods on the T4R? Armed with the 2010 TE wiring diagrams, I hope to experiment in the coming weeks.

These are the related links:

Rear Locker + ATRAC - Write up - TTORA Forum

The "No Cut" A-TRAC + RR DIFF Hack. - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

Traction Control (ATRAC hack) writeup! - TTORA Forum