Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:57 AM

Spaceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Spaceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Great videos. Thanks for all the information. This should help anyone that may develop the same or similar problems.

My 2008 T4R SR5 V6 4WD has a button to disable the VSC system.
Does you car have such a button. If so, disable the VSC for safe driving until you get it fixed.

If my memory serves me right, I think there are two operating procedures for this button. A quick push activates LSD (limited slip) to help get out of mud or a ditch. To totally deactivate VSC, I think you have to hold the button for a minimum of 3 seconds. Best to check the book.

Also, I have read where the VSC does not activate until the speed reaches ~10 mph. Sounds like your failure may occur when the VSC is activating at the 10 mph point.

There is another auto feature called Active Traction (TRAC). This one is activated anytime the key is on. However, it might also deactivate when VSC is turned off.

Please let us know what the problem turns out to be.

PS: Mine is just now at 10,000 miles. Hope this prob does not show up on it.
Clearance now 10.5"
Setup to tow behind motorhome.

Last edited by Spaceman; 03-10-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Spaceman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote