Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 08:43 PM

Mr. Leary is on a distinguished road

Mr. Leary is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_G View Post
OK I learned the hard way and here is some of what I learned:

1. It doesn't matter how capable the vehicle is, driver error can cause problems.

2. Walk the area first before you drive it. Although the snow all looked the same I had the driver wheels on hard ground and the passenger wheels on compacted snow. All 4 tires were spinning in 4-LO with diff-lock. So the ATRAC was trying to help but not enough traction anywhere. Shovelling under the skidplates only caused the passenger side to sink lower.

3. Not being careful can be expensive. $90 for the towing bill.

I know it doesn't look like it's that stuck but believe me it was!

Some people offered to help pull it out but no one really was confident with it so we decided to pay the tow bill and get it out professionally rather than have a chain snap and break a tailgate window or something.
First rule is to ensure that you can get yourself unstuck before you dive in...
Mr. Leary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote