Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 05:07 PM

gpartners is on a distinguished road

gpartners is on a distinguished road
Coils for 2001 4Runner 4WD

Hello,

I'm interested in suggestions on replacement coil springs for a 2001 4Runner 4WD to improve the "stability" and "steadiness" of the ride (or at least return to the original ride condition). I would also like to maintain the original ride height.

Here are the specifics:

1. 2001 4Runner SR5 4WD with 65,000 miles of on-road driving only
2. Yes, very low miles (above) and vehicle is 9.5 years old
3. OEM shocks replaced with Bilstein Heavy Duty (HD) shocks. Bilsteins greatly improved "steadiness" in cornering. So, the 4Runner corners "flat"
4. Still has original equipment manufacturer (OEM) coil springs
5. Car is used in the NYC area (potholes and snow)

I've seen "OEM" / standard size springs from manufacturers such as Husky Springs, Raybestos, and Moog. These three also vary widely in price (but are all lower than Toyota OEM coil springs).

Any suggestions/insights on manufacturers and what else should be ordered with these springs would be welcome. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Glen

Last edited by gpartners; 05-02-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Clarify Subject from "Coils" to "Coil Springs"
gpartners is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote