View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 02:29 PM

gaterose will become famous soon enough gaterose will become famous soon enough

gaterose will become famous soon enough gaterose will become famous soon enough
I took a trip out to South Fork, CO over the past week to haul my friend's Harley out there for him. While I was there I decided to check out some of the trails in the local mountains and somehow wound up on the 4x4 trail to the Wheeler Geologic Area. I made it about 10 of 14 miles (I think) before it got too hardcore and I had to turn around.
If I had 4wd or at least a locker and some better tires I would've gone farther but it was getting dark and I hadn't seen anyone or gotten cell receptions for hours and I didn't want to risk getting stuck that far out.

I don't have any video of climbing the harder stuff because the camera was messing up and then the trail got too technical for me to be dealing with the camera. I did however figure out the camera when I turned around and got most of the way back down from the more difficult stuff.

I started this video after I got bored because the trail was so slow
Video 1

This video was long but has some decent action climbing up a small rock garden about 6:00 into the video.
Two

This is about a minute after I turned around when it got too hardcore.
turning back

More of the way down that didn't get recorded going up.
Final Video
'03 4Runner UnLimited - Sold

Last edited by gaterose; 08-16-2010 at 02:35 PM.
gaterose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote