User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2019, 10:54 AM #16
aelarson's Avatar
aelarson aelarson is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 516
Real Name: Andrew
aelarson will become famous soon enough
aelarson aelarson is offline
Member
aelarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 516
Real Name: Andrew
aelarson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebsmith2112 View Post
I have a friend around the corner with the same ladder, went and took pictures of his today... it's perfect. previous batch though. Something is off with their most recent batch. You need to contact c4 now and complain.
I was just speaking with a friend of mine as well, he struggled with the same issue, but I believe his was the last batch.

There is a lot of adjustability with these, so I am not going to go point fingers. These have been put on a lot of trucks now without a hitch, so I feel like we're missing something.
__________________
08' Limited V8 (2020-Current)
17' TRD Pro (Sold: 2017-2020) - Update/Mod/Build/Adventure Thread
08' Urban Runner (Sold: 2010-2017)
aelarson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:09 AM #17
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelarson View Post
I was just speaking with a friend of mine as well, he struggled with the same issue, but I believe his was the last batch.

There is a lot of adjustability with these, so I am not going to go point fingers. These have been put on a lot of trucks now without a hitch, so I feel like we're missing something.
There is no adjustability up and down. Side to side, but no up and down.
Jebsmith2112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:13 AM #18
aelarson's Avatar
aelarson aelarson is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 516
Real Name: Andrew
aelarson will become famous soon enough
aelarson aelarson is offline
Member
aelarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 516
Real Name: Andrew
aelarson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebsmith2112 View Post
There is no adjustability up and down. Side to side, but no up and down.
While that's true, the holes are large and some of the holes are tapered. The top bolts have a lot of play and I think that is the key section to get dialed in.
__________________
08' Limited V8 (2020-Current)
17' TRD Pro (Sold: 2017-2020) - Update/Mod/Build/Adventure Thread
08' Urban Runner (Sold: 2010-2017)
aelarson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:15 AM #19
choochoo choochoo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Socal
Posts: 78
Real Name: Sheldon
choochoo will become famous soon enough
choochoo choochoo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Socal
Posts: 78
Real Name: Sheldon
choochoo will become famous soon enough
Hmm

Walked out to look at my C4 ladder this morning... the top plate sits flat end-to-end. Even after use it has not budged (as far as I can tell). Bought/installed mine a few months ago... back on February? This could very well be a bad batch.

This is very concerning, though.

During installation, I left all attachment bolts somewhat loose, then tightened them at the end. Also used the cardboard as instructed.
__________________
Build Blog
Always doing something...
choochoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:16 AM #20
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelarson View Post
While that's true, the holes are large and some of the holes are tapered. The top bolts have a lot of play and I think that is the key section to get dialed in.
Are you talking about where the top plate mounts to the actually ladder? because I went full front and full aft and it was the same.
Jebsmith2112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:31 AM #21
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo View Post
Walked out to look at my C4 ladder this morning... the top plate sits flat end-to-end. Even after use it has not budged (as far as I can tell). Bought/installed mine a few months ago... back on February? This could very well be a bad batch.

This is very concerning, though.

During installation, I left all attachment bolts somewhat loose, then tightened them at the end. Also used the cardboard as instructed.
I did the same as you. However the angel is very wrong on my top plate.
Jebsmith2112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:35 AM #22
aelarson's Avatar
aelarson aelarson is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 516
Real Name: Andrew
aelarson will become famous soon enough
aelarson aelarson is offline
Member
aelarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 516
Real Name: Andrew
aelarson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo View Post
Walked out to look at my C4 ladder this morning... the top plate sits flat end-to-end. Even after use it has not budged (as far as I can tell). Bought/installed mine a few months ago... back on February? This could very well be a bad batch.

This is very concerning, though.

During installation, I left all attachment bolts somewhat loose, then tightened them at the end. Also used the cardboard as instructed.
I also tried to keep every fitting loose (hand tight, every fitting could move easily). No luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebsmith2112 View Post
Are you talking about where the top plate mounts to the actually ladder? because I went full front and full aft and it was the same.
Yes, there is a lot of play in there. I felt like I tried every position, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebsmith2112 View Post
I did the same as you. However the angel is very wrong on my top plate.
Yours is worse than mine was, but I didn't stick mine down. Given that yours is stuck down, have you tried loosening all of the fasteners and tried playing with it?
__________________
08' Limited V8 (2020-Current)
17' TRD Pro (Sold: 2017-2020) - Update/Mod/Build/Adventure Thread
08' Urban Runner (Sold: 2010-2017)
aelarson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:18 PM #23
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
I have tried completely removing everything, including the plate, got different tape and reapplied. Same results.
Jebsmith2112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:02 PM #24
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Just got off the phone with Caleb from C4. They actually did change the bend angle in the top plate on this recent batch due to the exact opposite happening to other people previously. On older top plates, the backside was pulling up, and after they changed the angle, now the front of the top plate is pulling up. He said to tell you guys with this issue to call and ask for him to discuss the issue. He is working on getting me a top plate with the original bend angle. Even offered to compensate me for the gouges in the paint. I said the gouges were fine since it is inside a hinge. So far, pretty happy with the customer service.
Jebsmith2112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:38 PM #25
aelarson's Avatar
aelarson aelarson is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 516
Real Name: Andrew
aelarson will become famous soon enough
aelarson aelarson is offline
Member
aelarson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 516
Real Name: Andrew
aelarson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebsmith2112 View Post
Just got off the phone with Caleb from C4. They actually did change the bend angle in the top plate on this recent batch due to the exact opposite happening to other people previously. On older top plates, the backside was pulling up, and after they changed the angle, now the front of the top plate is pulling up. He said to tell you guys with this issue to call and ask for him to discuss the issue. He is working on getting me a top plate with the original bend angle. Even offered to compensate me for the gouges in the paint. I said the gouges were fine since it is inside a hinge. So far, pretty happy with the customer service.
Well, I just got off the phone with them as well. Front desk told me that Caleb is working on a solution right now.
__________________
08' Limited V8 (2020-Current)
17' TRD Pro (Sold: 2017-2020) - Update/Mod/Build/Adventure Thread
08' Urban Runner (Sold: 2010-2017)
aelarson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:52 PM #26
KNorm92's Avatar
KNorm92 KNorm92 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 140
Real Name: Nick
KNorm92 is on a distinguished road
KNorm92 KNorm92 is offline
Member
KNorm92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 140
Real Name: Nick
KNorm92 is on a distinguished road
Yep...I just recently installed my @C4 Fabrication ladder. Same issue - mine is not sitting flush with the top of my hatch (had my dad and brother pulling it down to try and get the angle right)...its scratching the living hell out of my paint and I'm terrified to take it off to see what other damage it's causing. Also - the bolts that fasten to the bottom of the hatch have made big divots in my plastic bumper from when it's closed.

Love the way it looks but I'm hoping they can make this right for us as it clearly was not tested and is causing some significant damage to a truck with 16,000 miles on it and in perfect condition besides that.

__________________
2018 TRD Off-Road Premium - Midnight Black Metallic
Pelfreybilt Front Bumper (with LINE-X) / ICON 3.5" Lift / SPC UCAs / 285/70/17 KO2s / Smittybilt 10K Winch / GreenLane Offroad Aluminum Sliders / SSO Full-Length Rack w/ Black Crossrails / Baja Squadron Sport Amber Fogs / Baja S8 30" Light Bar / Cascadia 4x4 Flipster V2 / Compustar Prime R3 (2-way) / 35% Tint on Front & Back
KNorm92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:01 PM #27
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNorm92 View Post
Yep...I just recently installed my @C4 Fabrication ladder. Same issue - mine is not sitting flush with the top of my hatch (had my dad and brother pulling it down to try and get the angle right)...its scratching the living hell out of my paint and I'm terrified to take it off to see what other damage it's causing. Also - the bolts that fasten to the bottom of the hatch have made big divots in my plastic bumper from when it's closed.

Love the way it looks but I'm hoping they can make this right for us as it clearly was not tested and is causing some significant damage to a truck with 16,000 miles on it and in perfect condition besides that.


Yup. My truck has 2k miles on it with same damage. Lol
Jebsmith2112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:08 PM #28
MaddoxPics's Avatar
MaddoxPics MaddoxPics is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 637
MaddoxPics has a spectacular aura about MaddoxPics has a spectacular aura about MaddoxPics has a spectacular aura about
MaddoxPics MaddoxPics is offline
Member
MaddoxPics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 637
MaddoxPics has a spectacular aura about MaddoxPics has a spectacular aura about MaddoxPics has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebsmith2112 View Post
Just got off the phone with Caleb from C4. They actually did change the bend angle in the top plate on this recent batch due to the exact opposite happening to other people previously. On older top plates, the backside was pulling up, and after they changed the angle, now the front of the top plate is pulling up. He said to tell you guys with this issue to call and ask for him to discuss the issue. He is working on getting me a top plate with the original bend angle. Even offered to compensate me for the gouges in the paint. I said the gouges were fine since it is inside a hinge. So far, pretty happy with the customer service.
Yup. Sounds like C4/Caleb. Good people and won't put it on the customer if it was their mistake. Didn't expect anything less, but always good to see them sticking by what they've always done.

Sucks for the wait of course, but at least you'll get the fix. Wonder why some are having these issues and others aren't. IE; is it an install thing or is Toyota not consistent in that area.
__________________
'17 Barcelona Red TRD Pro
Follow my Instagram for photos and stuff
Trail4R
MaddoxPics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:33 PM #29
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Jebsmith2112 Jebsmith2112 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Lexington
Posts: 44
Jebsmith2112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddoxPics View Post
Yup. Sounds like C4/Caleb. Good people and won't put it on the customer if it was their mistake. Didn't expect anything less, but always good to see them sticking by what they've always done.

Sucks for the wait of course, but at least you'll get the fix. Wonder why some are having these issues and others aren't. IE; is it an install thing or is Toyota not consistent in that area.
I was worried I installed it wrong, but after seeing all the other stories and getting confirmation they changed the angle, I'm confident I need the old style.
Jebsmith2112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:55 PM #30
mrblah mrblah is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,870
mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of
mrblah mrblah is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,870
mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of mrblah has much to be proud of
I have the first gen and if I remember correctly, the chance of messing up n scratching your roof was pretty high. I think I gouged the roof in a small section when I installed it. So it looks like c4 tried to address that and probably made the possibility of scratching the shit out of your hatch worse.

Basically, point of my post is if c4 is going to address this, I donít think you want to go back to the first rendition either. It wasnít a risk free install.
__________________
2016 sr5 2x4 Mall rated edition:
Current peasant build: spacer lift 3 inches, lots of plastidip, sr5 wheels w/ 265s, lots of LED lights, and lots of overlanding stickers and sponsored stickers. faking it with the IG crowd since 2016.
mrblah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
attempted , deep , installed , issue , tabs

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baja ladder install fitment issues - help chrissurfr 5th gen T4Rs 32 10-02-2018 01:10 PM
F/S: Gobi Ladder $180 Bay Area Snow-Jet-MK5 For Sale: Non-T4R Items 9 05-22-2017 04:09 AM
60" Hi Lift Jack cargo area fitment request? Lindenwood 5th gen T4Rs 11 11-22-2016 08:46 PM
FS: 5th Gen Gobi Ladder - SF Bay Area fubar For Sale: T4R Items 2 09-23-2015 12:03 PM
Gobi Ladder Installation/Fitment Question Enduro414 General Discussions 9 06-08-2015 09:22 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020