User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2019, 09:49 PM #16
redneckj's Avatar
redneckj redneckj is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Washington State
Posts: 82
redneckj is on a distinguished road
redneckj redneckj is offline
Member
redneckj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Washington State
Posts: 82
redneckj is on a distinguished road
you getting a new car. Congratulations.

redneckj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:50 PM #17
Bugser's Avatar
Bugser Bugser is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 157
Real Name: Bob
Bugser will become famous soon enough
Bugser Bugser is offline
Member
Bugser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 157
Real Name: Bob
Bugser will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumacat24 View Post

Give me your 2 cents, advice appreciated!!
I think you're on the right track with the owner. Remember Abe Lincoln's saying' "You can catch a lot more flies with a teaspoon of honey than with a gallon of gall". Edwards wants to help you and keep you for a lifelong customer. However, if you try to go too far then he might back off. Your aggravation and time spent is valuable, but at what price? More aggravation, owner backing off? If you're cordial, firm but business-like, he probably will go a mile for you. Appeal to his nobler motives and thank him for helping you.

I have an 18 ORP with KDSS and love the ride. Zero steering vibration all the way up to 90 Mph. If I had to do it over, I'd might opt for the Pro because of the unique colors and some of the additional features. Offer to pay the difference to the model that you want and stay business-like, firm but cordial in the loan terms and other options negotiated at the original sale. Get your tires and take off the aftermarket mods you did. If you cant retrieve them, ask Edwards for new parts and tell him you'll eat the install costs (great if you did them yourself!).

You asked for 2 cents, I gave 4! This is what I would do and would be grateful to Edwards for stepping in and helping.
__________________
2018 TRD ORP, MGM, Xpel 35% Tint, Xpel Clear Bra, In-Dash 2m/70cm Icom Radio, Dual-band 1/4 wave antenna with Rago Mount, sPod Bantam, 2 x 32" behind the grille LED lightbars.

Sold: 2011 SR5
Bugser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:50 PM #18
Ehahn84's Avatar
Ehahn84 Ehahn84 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Oly, WA
Age: 35
Posts: 122
Ehahn84 is on a distinguished road
Ehahn84 Ehahn84 is offline
Member
Ehahn84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Oly, WA
Age: 35
Posts: 122
Ehahn84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxp0wer View Post
You may be joking, but I've heard sometimes the dealer will include a non-disclosure agreement as part of the deal. They don't always want the terms leaking out so that others can use it to their advantage in the future.

Edit: And yes, they absolutely have people who read through these forums every day. You can bet these companies care about what people are saying on social media.
They can S a D. Itís been 14+ years and any statute of limitations is long expired.
__________________
2017 TRD Off-Road Premium. Magnetic Grey. Dual Odyssey battery setup. BFG KO2s.


Ehahn84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:50 PM #19
pointman pointman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 134
pointman is on a distinguished road
pointman pointman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 134
pointman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxp0wer View Post
You may be joking, but I've heard sometimes the dealer will include a non-disclosure agreement as part of the deal. They don't always want the terms leaking out so that others can use it to their advantage in the future.

Edit: And yes, they absolutely have people who read through these forums every day. You can bet these companies care about what people are saying on social media.
At that point, pumacat will have already gotten the best deal available so no worries on pumacat's end.
pointman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:02 PM #20
pumacat24's Avatar
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
pumacat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxp0wer View Post
You may be joking, but I've heard sometimes the dealer will include a non-disclosure agreement as part of the deal. They don't always want the terms leaking out so that others can use it to their advantage in the future.

Edit: And yes, they absolutely have people who read through these forums every day. You can bet these companies care about what people are saying on social media.
If I get that same deal and a non-disclosure, that's fine by me.

I've been nothing but truthful so I have nothing to hide from Toyota!
__________________
2019 TRD Pro, Super White, Full LEDs, N-Fabs, CTX Tint, more to come!
past: '18 4Runner TRD ORP... RIP, Kaiyo!
'07 4Runner SE... SOLD
'02 4Runner SR5 4WD... SOLD
pumacat24 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:04 PM #21
pumacat24's Avatar
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
pumacat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
No worries. If/when it starts getting legal if you need some advice from one friend to another, let me know.
Honestly, be yourself. Again, your kindness and demeanor is what has earned you the ability to even be in such a good situation. Don't stray from that. If you aren't content with their initial assessment then perhaps word it slightly different. Letting them know you need time to think, and perhaps even consult a professional isn't a bad thing. Of course, always with a smile on your face.
For sure! Mr. Edwards thanked me again today and told me how much he appreciated my patience and for how cordial I have been through the whole process.

I won't lose that, and I know he's got my back!
__________________
2019 TRD Pro, Super White, Full LEDs, N-Fabs, CTX Tint, more to come!
past: '18 4Runner TRD ORP... RIP, Kaiyo!
'07 4Runner SE... SOLD
'02 4Runner SR5 4WD... SOLD
pumacat24 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:11 PM #22
pumacat24's Avatar
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
pumacat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugser View Post
I think you're on the right track with the owner. Remember Abe Lincoln's saying' "You can catch a lot more flies with a teaspoon of honey than with a gallon of gall". Edwards wants to help you and keep you for a lifelong customer. However, if you try to go too far then he might back off. Your aggravation and time spent is valuable, but at what price? More aggravation, owner backing off? If you're cordial, firm but business-like, he probably will go a mile for you. Appeal to his nobler motives and thank him for helping you.

I have an 18 ORP with KDSS and love the ride. Zero steering vibration all the way up to 90 Mph. If I had to do it over, I'd might opt for the Pro because of the unique colors and some of the additional features. Offer to pay the difference to the model that you want and stay business-like, firm but cordial in the loan terms and other options negotiated at the original sale. Get your tires and take off the aftermarket mods you did. If you cant retrieve them, ask Edwards for new parts and tell him you'll eat the install costs (great if you did them yourself!).

You asked for 2 cents, I gave 4! This is what I would do and would be grateful to Edwards for stepping in and helping.
Truth, everyone at the dealership is like a friend now. I haven't been mean to anyone, I have no reason to be because it wasn't their fault!

They all know how happy and thankful I have been for their help and I'd recommend anyone buy a car from them and I have not lost faith in Toyota itself either! So far, they are standing by their product which is all I can ask for.

The dealership also knows how tired I was getting of driving my little red Corolla, hahah! I need my space and my hitch!

I did a full LED swap all by myself. Checked tonight and I saved all of the stock halogens, so I guess I've got some work ahead of me switching everything back out. The fogs were the biggest pain of all the lights.

TRD skid and n-fabs were no issue, but if I stick with the TRD ORP, I'm not leaving my skid plate on and I already sold the OEM one, so there will be some switching around to do.

I'm thankful, excited, nervous and even a little sad. I put a lot of effort into my first new 4Runner!!
__________________
2019 TRD Pro, Super White, Full LEDs, N-Fabs, CTX Tint, more to come!
past: '18 4Runner TRD ORP... RIP, Kaiyo!
'07 4Runner SE... SOLD
'02 4Runner SR5 4WD... SOLD
pumacat24 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:23 PM #23
thennen's Avatar
thennen thennen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 554
thennen has a spectacular aura about thennen has a spectacular aura about
thennen thennen is offline
Member
thennen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 554
thennen has a spectacular aura about thennen has a spectacular aura about
As others have said, give Toyota room and time to do the right thing. Everyone makes a mistake now and then. Look over all the documentation you receive and make sure you understand what theyíre offering. If you end up getting like-for-like on a new 2019 or 2020, Iíd consider that compensation for your troubles. If at the end you think they couldíve done more, a kind and professional letter will go further than a nasty, demanding one.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, and best wishes for a great outcome!
thennen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:33 PM #24
BigCountryT4R's Avatar
BigCountryT4R BigCountryT4R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 150
BigCountryT4R will become famous soon enough
MY GARAGE
BigCountryT4R BigCountryT4R is offline
Member
BigCountryT4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 150
BigCountryT4R will become famous soon enough
MY GARAGE
When we had our 2007 Camry replaced by Toyota the dealer did the leg work and pretty much got another exact car in and told us to bring it in and they swapped it. They worked with Toyota finance and swapped all the stuff around and we just had to resign everything. Was fairly painless.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2019 4Runner Limited in Magnetic Gray Metallic, w/Redwood Interior, and 3rd row. Mods: Lastfit 7440 Led Blinkers | JDM ASTAR LEDs throughout the interior and backup/license plate bulbs | OEM Tundra LED Fog Lights
BigCountryT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:34 PM #25
pumacat24's Avatar
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
pumacat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thennen View Post
As others have said, give Toyota room and time to do the right thing. Everyone makes a mistake now and then. Look over all the documentation you receive and make sure you understand what theyíre offering. If you end up getting like-for-like on a new 2019 or 2020, Iíd consider that compensation for your troubles. If at the end you think they couldíve done more, a kind and professional letter will go further than a nasty, demanding one.



Sorry to hear about your troubles, and best wishes for a great outcome!


Thanks! A 2020 would phenomenal, but I know that wonít happen. Haha

If you ask my husband if thatís enough compensation for me be bat crazy about my car for the past few months he would disagree. Toyota is Repurchasing my '18 4Runner TRD ORP...

I love my 4runner too much.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2019 TRD Pro, Super White, Full LEDs, N-Fabs, CTX Tint, more to come!
past: '18 4Runner TRD ORP... RIP, Kaiyo!
'07 4Runner SE... SOLD
'02 4Runner SR5 4WD... SOLD
pumacat24 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:40 PM #26
WNY PAT WNY PAT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 86
WNY PAT is on a distinguished road
WNY PAT WNY PAT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 86
WNY PAT is on a distinguished road
I actually dealt with Toyota way back in 1997 when negotiating a buy back of my T 100. I had been through 2 transmissions in 3 months and the truck left me stranded three times at the side of the road. What ultimately saved me was the number of days the truck was out of service though. In any case, with me not being very happy with the T-100, the regional Toyota representative offered me full credit of my original purchase price towards any new Toyota product and offered to sell me the vehicle of my choice at invoice through the same dealership I had purchased the T 100. The dealer wasn’t much involved until I picked up my new Tacoma other than the service department working with Toyota techs and giving me a loaner until I picked up the new truck. The process was really pretty smooth. No NDA or anything like that. The Tacoma I picked out was a bit more expensive than the T-100 but the financing, DMV paperwork, insurance, etc. was all handled by the dealership. I had to make only 50 payments for the brand new Tacoma that were something like $18 more each month - that was the remaining term of the T-100 loan. I had financed through Toyota Motor which was advantageous in changing over the loan. So, I got the new zero mile Tacoma with 10 fewer monthly payments. Sounds like they’re taking good care of you. Nice to have a dealership stand by you through something like this.
__________________
2018 4R SR5 Premium Package Faux Pro Clone (Stolen By The Kids)

2013 Lexus LX570 (Wifeís New Mall Crawler)

2017 Tundra Crewmax Limited TRD (Mine)

Last edited by WNY PAT; 07-29-2019 at 10:50 PM.
WNY PAT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:03 PM #27
Bugser's Avatar
Bugser Bugser is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 157
Real Name: Bob
Bugser will become famous soon enough
Bugser Bugser is offline
Member
Bugser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Near Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 157
Real Name: Bob
Bugser will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumacat24 View Post
Truth, everyone at the dealership is like a friend now. I haven't been mean to anyone, I have no reason to be because it wasn't their fault!

They all know how happy and thankful I have been for their help and I'd recommend anyone buy a car from them and I have not lost faith in Toyota itself either! So far, they are standing by their product which is all I can ask for.

The dealership also knows how tired I was getting of driving my little red Corolla, hahah! I need my space and my hitch!

I did a full LED swap all by myself. Checked tonight and I saved all of the stock halogens, so I guess I've got some work ahead of me switching everything back out. The fogs were the biggest pain of all the lights.

TRD skid and n-fabs were no issue, but if I stick with the TRD ORP, I'm not leaving my skid plate on and I already sold the OEM one, so there will be some switching around to do.

I'm thankful, excited, nervous and even a little sad. I put a lot of effort into my first new 4Runner!!
That's great news to hear! You have made deposits in the emotional bank of the dealership based on your excellent human relations. Just like money deposits in a bank, you can draw against those deposits! I'd gently ask "Would there be any way for staff to 'assist' me in removing and reinstalling these items?" The worst they can say is no. In fact, expect it! That way you won't be disappointed. I live by the saying, "You have not because you ask not!".....conversely, you could gently ask, "based on this turmoil for both of us, and I'm sure it has been harder on you all than me, is there any way Toyota will upgrade me to an ORP for all these troubles?" You'll never know unless you ask. Flex your muscle and you'll end up with zilch.....just use good human relations.

Keep us posted!

Cheers, Bob
__________________
2018 TRD ORP, MGM, Xpel 35% Tint, Xpel Clear Bra, In-Dash 2m/70cm Icom Radio, Dual-band 1/4 wave antenna with Rago Mount, sPod Bantam, 2 x 32" behind the grille LED lightbars.

Sold: 2011 SR5
Bugser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:08 AM #28
flyrv9's Avatar
flyrv9 flyrv9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clearwater Kansas
Posts: 874
flyrv9 will become famous soon enough
flyrv9 flyrv9 is offline
Member
flyrv9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clearwater Kansas
Posts: 874
flyrv9 will become famous soon enough
I haven't been through this, but I'd start with waiting to see what their offer includes and then ask the same ?'s you did here if they are not covered. On another note, I've read two stories about so-called buy backs. One was a mustang with an engine problem and the other was a dodge hellcat that had all sorts of issues. In both cases the customer ended up dealing with a separate division on the company that only deals with these types of problems. In both cases it was a big PITA and took a few months to resolve. Lots of back and forth with calls, emails and paperwork. I hope you don't have to go through that much of a hassle. In any case, document everything and keep a diary with all important info - you may need it later.
flyrv9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:01 AM #29
ElectroBoy's Avatar
ElectroBoy ElectroBoy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 507
Real Name: Mark
ElectroBoy is a jewel in the rough ElectroBoy is a jewel in the rough ElectroBoy is a jewel in the rough
ElectroBoy ElectroBoy is offline
Member
ElectroBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 507
Real Name: Mark
ElectroBoy is a jewel in the rough ElectroBoy is a jewel in the rough ElectroBoy is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations, it sounds like they will take good care of you. In addition to the advice already given, have a few more goodies in mind that you can ask for at an appropriate time. Like some accessories or an extended warranty.
__________________
1st Gen 1987 T4R, 4 Cyl 5-speed, sold at 180K miles
3rd Gen 2000 SR5, sold at 239K miles
5th Gen 2018 ORP, just interior mods
ElectroBoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:25 AM #30
pumacat24's Avatar
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
pumacat24 pumacat24 is online now
Member
pumacat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Age: 33
Posts: 169
pumacat24 will become famous soon enough pumacat24 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrv9 View Post
I haven't been through this, but I'd start with waiting to see what their offer includes and then ask the same ?'s you did here if they are not covered. On another note, I've read two stories about so-called buy backs. One was a mustang with an engine problem and the other was a dodge hellcat that had all sorts of issues. In both cases the customer ended up dealing with a separate division on the company that only deals with these types of problems. In both cases it was a big PITA and took a few months to resolve. Lots of back and forth with calls, emails and paperwork. I hope you don't have to go through that much of a hassle. In any case, document everything and keep a diary with all important info - you may need it later.
Thanks for that, I've already got 7 pages worth of dates and notes!
__________________
2019 TRD Pro, Super White, Full LEDs, N-Fabs, CTX Tint, more to come!
past: '18 4Runner TRD ORP... RIP, Kaiyo!
'07 4Runner SE... SOLD
'02 4Runner SR5 4WD... SOLD
pumacat24 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4runner , car , dave , issue , toyota

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice Requested - Timing Belt Job dmppdx 3rd gen T4Rs 21 05-01-2019 01:21 PM
Advice Requested: I Don't Want These TRD Wheels on my 2012 4Runner DougD 5th gen T4Rs 12 09-11-2014 10:24 PM
Refrigerent leak advice requested preacher35 4th Gen T4Rs 5 02-04-2013 10:38 PM
Trailer Advice Requested... Rollinthundr 4th Gen T4Rs 5 06-21-2011 07:02 AM
Advice requested re new 2011 4Runner Trail jhmoore 5th gen T4Rs 2 04-21-2011 01:52 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2019


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.