User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2019, 02:16 AM #16
Whippersnapper02's Avatar
Whippersnapper02 Whippersnapper02 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Yorba Linda
Age: 35
Posts: 237
Whippersnapper02 will become famous soon enough Whippersnapper02 will become famous soon enough
Whippersnapper02 Whippersnapper02 is offline
Member
Whippersnapper02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Yorba Linda
Age: 35
Posts: 237
Whippersnapper02 will become famous soon enough Whippersnapper02 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik View Post
I have a handheld tuner that can modify the ECU. Like I said in the original post, I'm not looking for hardware, I'm looking for someone to create the actual tune for me.
You can remove the current tune and go back to stock? That wasn't possible with the Toyota tune for the TRD blower.

HP tuners isn't a "hardwire" tune. It's been used on OEM GM ECUs for many years.
__________________
2019 Runner TRD Offroad Premium w/KDSS

Last edited by Whippersnapper02; 08-24-2019 at 02:28 AM.
Whippersnapper02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:18 PM #17
Havik's Avatar
Havik Havik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 252
Real Name: Derrick
Havik is on a distinguished road
Havik Havik is offline
Member
Havik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 252
Real Name: Derrick
Havik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippersnapper02 View Post
You can remove the current tune and go back to stock? That wasn't possible with the Toyota tune for the TRD blower.

HP tuners isn't a "hardwire" tune. It's been used on OEM GM ECUs for many years.
I didn't say hardwire, I said hardware. They also don't tune 4Runners, so doesn't really do me much good.
__________________
2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
Build Thread: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...lt-thread.html
Havik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:38 AM #18
Whippersnapper02's Avatar
Whippersnapper02 Whippersnapper02 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Yorba Linda
Age: 35
Posts: 237
Whippersnapper02 will become famous soon enough Whippersnapper02 will become famous soon enough
Whippersnapper02 Whippersnapper02 is offline
Member
Whippersnapper02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Yorba Linda
Age: 35
Posts: 237
Whippersnapper02 will become famous soon enough Whippersnapper02 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik View Post
I didn't say hardwire, I said hardware. They also don't tune 4Runners, so doesn't really do me much good.
Maybe with enough interest they'll expand to include Runners. As to your original question, Bully Dog was the first to get into the factory ECU. I'm not sure if they can do anything for you.
__________________
2019 Runner TRD Offroad Premium w/KDSS
Whippersnapper02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:15 AM #19
TRD PANTHER's Avatar
TRD PANTHER TRD PANTHER is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 203
Real Name: 2018 BLACK TRD PRO
TRD PANTHER has a spectacular aura about TRD PANTHER has a spectacular aura about
TRD PANTHER TRD PANTHER is offline
Member
TRD PANTHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 203
Real Name: 2018 BLACK TRD PRO
TRD PANTHER has a spectacular aura about TRD PANTHER has a spectacular aura about
There is a high performance shop in Fillmore, Ca that does custom tunes and work called Full Throttle Kustoms. They have a Mustang dyno and are a very reputable shop. I had a Magnuson on my SS Camaro and they did a full engine build. They can help you select your pulley size, injectors, set afr’s, fuel delivery and more. They’re not too far from where you live. Ray, is a master tuner and use to do a lot of imports besides muscle cars and Vettes. He helped me out on my old 2001 TRD supercharged 4Runner also.
TRD PANTHER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:58 AM #20
Stormy246 Stormy246 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Boston
Posts: 4
Stormy246 is on a distinguished road
Stormy246 Stormy246 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Boston
Posts: 4
Stormy246 is on a distinguished road
Hi all. First post here. I have a magnuson kit on my truck along with a urd y pipe a magnaflow catback and cold air intake. I was looking for a new tune for my truck and contacted Gadget at URD. He set me up with a Ucon EMS. Yes it is a bit pricey however my truck runs significantly better then it did on the canned magnuson tune. I have no regrets going this direction. Just food for thought.. no dyno tuning needed either however I did do a remote tuning session with Itronix the maker of the Ucon to get everything squared away.
Stormy246 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:22 AM #21
Havik's Avatar
Havik Havik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 252
Real Name: Derrick
Havik is on a distinguished road
Havik Havik is offline
Member
Havik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 252
Real Name: Derrick
Havik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy246 View Post
Hi all. First post here. I have a magnuson kit on my truck along with a urd y pipe a magnaflow catback and cold air intake. I was looking for a new tune for my truck and contacted Gadget at URD. He set me up with a Ucon EMS. Yes it is a bit pricey however my truck runs significantly better then it did on the canned magnuson tune. I have no regrets going this direction. Just food for thought.. no dyno tuning needed either however I did do a remote tuning session with Itronix the maker of the Ucon to get everything squared away.
So they have a UCON for the 5th gen 4Runner? I don't see that listed on their website. I emailed them asking about the tune, they haven't responded yet. I guess I will give them a call. Thanks.
__________________
2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
Build Thread: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...lt-thread.html
Havik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:23 AM #22
Havik's Avatar
Havik Havik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 252
Real Name: Derrick
Havik is on a distinguished road
Havik Havik is offline
Member
Havik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 252
Real Name: Derrick
Havik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD PANTHER View Post
There is a high performance shop in Fillmore, Ca that does custom tunes and work called Full Throttle Kustoms. They have a Mustang dyno and are a very reputable shop. I had a Magnuson on my SS Camaro and they did a full engine build. They can help you select your pulley size, injectors, set afrís, fuel delivery and more. Theyíre not too far from where you live. Ray, is a master tuner and use to do a lot of imports besides muscle cars and Vettes. He helped me out on my old 2001 TRD supercharged 4Runner also.
If they can tune the 5th gen 4Runner, that would be my ideal choice. They aren't too far from me and a custom tune on a dyno is far better then a tune you get via email based loosely on the mods you have.
__________________
2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
Build Thread: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...lt-thread.html
Havik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:40 AM #23
Stormy246 Stormy246 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Boston
Posts: 4
Stormy246 is on a distinguished road
Stormy246 Stormy246 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Boston
Posts: 4
Stormy246 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik View Post
So they have a UCON for the 5th gen 4Runner? I don't see that listed on their website. I emailed them asking about the tune, they haven't responded yet. I guess I will give them a call. Thanks.
Yup. I didnít realize they did at first as it is not on their site, but I can tell you that our engine will not need the cam gears installed. It is just the install of the Ucon which is simple if you are the handy type. Also will need to run the colder thermostat that is supplied with the kit. I will say that the truck runs smoother at idle as well as through out the rpm range. I definitely feel like it picked up some power too. The best part of the Ucon is that it has a guardian mode that will put the engine into limp mode in case any abnormalities occur.
Stormy246 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:12 AM #24
Havik's Avatar
Havik Havik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 252
Real Name: Derrick
Havik is on a distinguished road
Havik Havik is offline
Member
Havik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 252
Real Name: Derrick
Havik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy246 View Post
Yup. I didnít realize they did at first as it is not on their site, but I can tell you that our engine will not need the cam gears installed. It is just the install of the Ucon which is simple if you are the handy type. Also will need to run the colder thermostat that is supplied with the kit. I will say that the truck runs smoother at idle as well as through out the rpm range. I definitely feel like it picked up some power too. The best part of the Ucon is that it has a guardian mode that will put the engine into limp mode in case any abnormalities occur.
Just got off the phone with URD. They do have the UCON EMS for the 5th gen, but it won't be available for sale for another 2 to 3 weeks. They've only let a few kits out for testing for now. He put me on the list to get one when they are made available. Thanks for letting me know.
__________________
2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
Build Thread: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...lt-thread.html
Havik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
additional , magnuson , tuner , work , works

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there performance tuners you can buy? Mikeyt 3rd gen T4Rs 15 03-14-2019 12:26 PM
5th gen tuners/programmers mikenac 5th gen T4Rs 26 12-21-2016 10:32 AM
Mobile tv tuners / DTV? A/V1 Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories 4 09-27-2008 02:39 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2019


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.