User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2019, 10:14 PM #16
Phyzman Phyzman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: California
Posts: 102
Phyzman is on a distinguished road
Phyzman Phyzman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: California
Posts: 102
Phyzman is on a distinguished road
2020 4Runner Configurator Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsTrail View Post
Give up on the configurator and go sit down with a fleet/internet manager.

Some regions are too restrictive, but when I ordered mine in SoCal, the rep was easy to work with and gave me choices. Let me know if you want contact info. I may be able to get a Toyota shirt from him if you buy.

What, then, is the purpose of the configurator? Corporate could easily disconnect it. When you click on a model, the message pops up: ďNow drive on over to to the dealership and have a nice sit down with a salesperson.Ē

Corporate made a different decision but didnít follow through very well. Creates an unprofessional look and feel to the brand. Not sure thatís the aspiration.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyzman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:41 AM #17
Deep_palancar's Avatar
Deep_palancar Deep_palancar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston e' Cozumel
Posts: 126
Deep_palancar is on a distinguished road
Deep_palancar Deep_palancar is offline
Member
Deep_palancar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston e' Cozumel
Posts: 126
Deep_palancar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyzman View Post
What, then, is the purpose of the configurator? Corporate could easily disconnect it. When you click on a model, the message pops up: ďNow drive on over to to the dealership and have a nice sit down with a salesperson.Ē

Corporate made a different decision but didnít follow through very well. Creates an unprofessional look and feel to the brand. Not sure thatís the aspiration.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It only shows what is on the ground or enroute within the sales region. For some reason some regions never get some packages. I don't know if that is regional ordering driven by by sales data or what.

A dealer is married to the region. They cannot see or access anything beyond their region.

If want a specific package in a specific color then you have move the built-it tool around different regions until you find what you want then contact a dealer in that region. Once you've found the region, don't waste your time trying to find what dealer it is at because some dealers web sites really suck. Get a burner phone number from google voice and create a burner email. Find a cost-plus dealer and either ship it or fly out and make a road trip.

It's an odd way to sell vehicles but it's Toyota's way. Always has been. Back when I bought my '85, if you wanted the sun-roof you had to take the fancy stereo that had a cassette player. The damned thing was a $130 option.

Oh, there is the package that you are looking for in the Denver region.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2020 4Runner red pg1.pdf (83.5 KB, 38 views)
Deep_palancar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:21 AM #18
4xColt 4xColt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 63
4xColt is on a distinguished road
4xColt 4xColt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 63
4xColt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_palancar View Post
It only shows what is on the ground or enroute within the sales region. For some reason some regions never get some packages. I don't know if that is regional ordering driven by by sales data or what.



A dealer is married to the region. They cannot see or access anything beyond their region.



If want a specific package in a specific color then you have move the built-it tool around different regions until you find what you want then contact a dealer in that region. Once you've found the region, don't waste your time trying to find what dealer it is at because some dealers web sites really suck. Get a burner phone number from google voice and create a burner email. Find a cost-plus dealer and either ship it or fly out and make a road trip.



It's an odd way to sell vehicles but it's Toyota's way. Always has been. Back when I bought my '85, if you wanted the sun-roof you had to take the fancy stereo that had a cassette player. The damned thing was a $130 option.



Oh, there is the package that you are looking for in the Denver region.


Interesting. So Iím in San Diego, do you believe that the configurator will eventually show the options that I want? Also, could the dealer order me one now even if it canít be configured online?

Thanks
4xColt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:16 PM #19
Phyzman Phyzman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: California
Posts: 102
Phyzman is on a distinguished road
Phyzman Phyzman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: California
Posts: 102
Phyzman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_palancar View Post
It only shows what is on the ground or enroute within the sales region. For some reason some regions never get some packages. I don't know if that is regional ordering driven by by sales data or what.

A dealer is married to the region. They cannot see or access anything beyond their region.

If want a specific package in a specific color then you have move the built-it tool around different regions until you find what you want then contact a dealer in that region. Once you've found the region, don't waste your time trying to find what dealer it is at because some dealers web sites really suck. Get a burner phone number from google voice and create a burner email. Find a cost-plus dealer and either ship it or fly out and make a road trip.

It's an odd way to sell vehicles but it's Toyota's way. Always has been. Back when I bought my '85, if you wanted the sun-roof you had to take the fancy stereo that had a cassette player. The damned thing was a $130 option.

Oh, there is the package that you are looking for in the Denver region.
Seems it would be best to lay off the configurator until October.
Phyzman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:24 PM #20
4xColt 4xColt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 63
4xColt is on a distinguished road
4xColt 4xColt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Diego
Posts: 63
4xColt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyzman View Post
Seems it would be best to lay off the configurator until October.
That's my plan.
4xColt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:04 PM #21
T4Rsoon T4Rsoon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Riverview, Fl.
Posts: 35
T4Rsoon is on a distinguished road
T4Rsoon T4Rsoon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Riverview, Fl.
Posts: 35
T4Rsoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_palancar View Post
Find a cost-plus dealer and either ship it or fly out and make a road trip.
Excuse the dumb question but what exactly is a "cost-plus dealer"? and how to find one?
T4Rsoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boards , configurator , moonroof , running , w/kdss

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will the 2020 off-road have the camers like the 2020 Tacoma? jmichael99 5th gen T4Rs 15 08-13-2019 03:42 PM
When will we know about the 2020 4runner? jmichael99 5th gen T4Rs 59 03-29-2019 12:14 PM
Toyota.com Configurator Update mbrogz3000 5th gen T4Rs 0 10-12-2010 06:54 PM
04 4Runner Accessory Configurator AIRunner 4th Gen T4Rs 0 09-15-2003 01:22 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2019


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.