User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2019, 12:45 PM #1
JPL's Avatar
JPL JPL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: THE EMPIRE STATE
Posts: 176
JPL is on a distinguished road
JPL JPL is offline
Member
JPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: THE EMPIRE STATE
Posts: 176
JPL is on a distinguished road
Need a review on the Bridgestone Dueler ht 684 ii's

Hi all, I need a review on the Bridgestone Dueler ht 684 ii's....I did a search here and looking online and there are a lot of conflicting reviews. There're good, bad, great, terrible, good in light snow, bad in snow etc.

For my purpose I need a good road tire, one that's good in snow, maybe even a mountain snowflake stamp, light off road, no major rocks or mud, more aggressive than the Duelers but not like a monster mudder A/T.

Recommendations?

Thanks!

2019 TRD Off Road
__________________
19T4RTRDOR4X4NY
JPL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:55 PM #2
JPL's Avatar
JPL JPL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: THE EMPIRE STATE
Posts: 176
JPL is on a distinguished road
JPL JPL is offline
Member
JPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: THE EMPIRE STATE
Posts: 176
JPL is on a distinguished road
In the words of Ace........
Attached Images
Need a review on the Bridgestone Dueler ht 684 ii's-aaaaaalll-righty-then-alrighty-meme-jpg 
__________________
19T4RTRDOR4X4NY
JPL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:55 PM #3
rct127 rct127 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5
rct127 is on a distinguished road
rct127 rct127 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5
rct127 is on a distinguished road
I was just looking at TireRack tire ratings as have been looking at 2019s to replace my 4th gen. The OEM GrandTrek and 684s are the two lowest rated all-season highway truck/suv tires on Tirerack reviews. Please avoid them. Best is a dedicated winter tire and an all-season or all-terrain. Look around, there are lots of good tires better than the 684 is less aggressive highway or more aggressive all-terrain. FYI, I do not recommend the Kumho AT51, they got louder as they wore, had good luck with Michelin and Goodyear and have a set of General HTS 60 on the spouse's Grand Cherokee for spring, fall, summer that are working well.
rct127 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:13 AM #4
JPL's Avatar
JPL JPL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: THE EMPIRE STATE
Posts: 176
JPL is on a distinguished road
JPL JPL is offline
Member
JPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: THE EMPIRE STATE
Posts: 176
JPL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rct127 View Post
I was just looking at TireRack tire ratings as have been looking at 2019s to replace my 4th gen. The OEM GrandTrek and 684s are the two lowest rated all-season highway truck/suv tires on Tirerack reviews. Please avoid them. Best is a dedicated winter tire and an all-season or all-terrain. Look around, there are lots of good tires better than the 684 is less aggressive highway or more aggressive all-terrain. FYI, I do not recommend the Kumho AT51, they got louder as they wore, had good luck with Michelin and Goodyear and have a set of General HTS 60 on the spouse's Grand Cherokee for spring, fall, summer that are working well.
Thanks RCT, I also heard that Falken Wildpeak AT3W were good, but I'm thinking they might be too aggressive for my needs....maybe Nokian WRG4 SUV? Would have to check the size though.....
__________________
19T4RTRDOR4X4NY
JPL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:39 AM #5
cspiros cspiros is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Virginia
Posts: 12
cspiros is on a distinguished road
cspiros cspiros is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Virginia
Posts: 12
cspiros is on a distinguished road
Falken AT3W is the best purchase I've made for my 4Runner. You won't regret them, great on pavement performance and, in my opinion, quieter than the stock Bridgestone garbage. I LOVE these tires.
cspiros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:29 AM #6
JPL's Avatar
JPL JPL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: THE EMPIRE STATE
Posts: 176
JPL is on a distinguished road
JPL JPL is offline
Member
JPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: THE EMPIRE STATE
Posts: 176
JPL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cspiros View Post
Falken AT3W is the best purchase I've made for my 4Runner. You won't regret them, great on pavement performance and, in my opinion, quieter than the stock Bridgestone garbage. I LOVE these tires.
The Cooper Discoverer AT3 & AT3-4S just popped up on my radar as well......
__________________
19T4RTRDOR4X4NY
JPL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:40 AM #7
carlodonz's Avatar
carlodonz carlodonz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 66
carlodonz is on a distinguished road
carlodonz carlodonz is offline
Member
carlodonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 66
carlodonz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Hi all, I need a review on the Bridgestone Dueler ht 684 ii's....I did a search here and looking online and there are a lot of conflicting reviews. There're good, bad, great, terrible, good in light snow, bad in snow etc.

For my purpose I need a good road tire, one that's good in snow, maybe even a mountain snowflake stamp, light off road, no major rocks or mud, more aggressive than the Duelers but not like a monster mudder A/T.

Recommendations?

Thanks!

2019 TRD Off Road
Personally I didn't liked them. They are ok on the road but they quickly fall short on dirt/mud.
To me they make sense only on the limited edition and maybe SR5 but for example on my Trail they were really pointless. A/T ftw!
__________________
2014 4Runner Trail Super White
carlodonz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
good , light , review , road , snow

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 4 Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684 II 265/70/17 SoCalRunner For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 0 03-17-2016 11:37 PM
FS: (4) 245/60/20 Bridgestone Dueler H/T $500 GA gonzanc For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 5 01-07-2015 06:39 PM
FS: (4) New Take Off Bridgestone Dueler H/T 265/70/17 SkiBum5.0 For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 0 03-04-2014 02:50 PM
Bridgestone Dueler H/T 265/70 ksmoove757 For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 0 11-21-2013 01:57 AM
Bridgestone Dueler A/T 695 rutgersunion Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories 1 12-13-2008 03:42 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2019


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.