User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 04:36 PM #1
TotalAutomotiveLV TotalAutomotiveLV is offline
Official Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,901
TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough
TotalAutomotiveLV TotalAutomotiveLV is offline
Official Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,901
TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough
Performance Lower Control Arms (LCA's) - Dirt King

Dirt King Fabrication offers 2 performance lower control arms,
developed to withstand off road abuse and not compromise the
vehicles on road driving characteristics.



The most vulnerable suspension component on the 4Runner and
FJ Cruiser are the lower control arms.

Dirt King lower control arms have additional ground clearance and
include 1/8" aluminum skid plates for added protection.



The outer pivots on the lower control arms utilize heavy duty Moog
ball joints which are low maintenance and easily serviceable.

Controlled side by side testing was done between Moog ball joints and
the industry standard 1" uniball for the outer pivot.

The result was better on road tracking with the Moog ball joints.

Other benefits include a sealed housing to eliminate noise, longer life
span, and readily available at auto part stores.

Specs:
  • Track Width: Stock
  • Maximum Tire Size: 35
  • Maximum Backspacing: 4.75
  • Minimum Rim Size: 16
  • Compatible with factory sway bar: Yes
  • Bump Stop Size: 2.0 x 2.0
  • Coil Over Shock Size: OEM replacement coil overs



Features:
  • CAD designed
  • Slanted front plate to deflect objects
  • Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
  • Preassembled for fast installation
  • Grease fitting ports for easy servicing
  • Zinc plated components for corrosion resistance
  • Bump stop plating
  • Limit strap tabbing
  • Professionally MIG welded
  • Proudly made in the USA

What's Included...
  • Boxed plate lower control arms
  • 1/8" aluminum skid plate
  • Delrin bushings
  • Grease fittings
  • Moog ball joints
  • Brushed stainless steel logo plates
  • Grade 8 mounting hardware
  • Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
  • Zinc plated bump stop spacers
  • Durable black powder coat finish
  • Dirt King sticker pack
  • Installation instructions

Non-KDSS, Part #DK-814704
For KDSS, Part #DK-814704-KDSS

* The KDSS mount option is the first of its kind, a pivoting sway bar
mount that reduces stress and wear on the sway bar bushings.

The result is a freer range of motion and more articulation.



For more details - Click Here

_
__________________
TotalAutomotivePerformance.com - Your Toyota Upgrade Headquarters!
Contact Us by Phone at 702.979.1577 or via Email at info@lvtap.com

We have the best pricing on 4Runner upgrades! From ARB, Rigid, Baja Designs, ICON, King, Bilstein, Fox - Racks, shocks, lifts, lights, wheels, intakes, tuners, exhausts, suspension, and more! Send us a PM or shoot us an email and we will hook up your 4Runner with the highest quality parts and service around
TotalAutomotiveLV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:39 PM #2
themaestro's Avatar
themaestro themaestro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 73
themaestro will become famous soon enough
themaestro themaestro is offline
Member
themaestro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 73
themaestro will become famous soon enough
I keep hearing about these "one of a kind" pivoting bracket for the KDSS links, but no one has posted any pictures or videos of how they work?
themaestro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:55 PM #3
comtn4x4's Avatar
comtn4x4 comtn4x4 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 576
comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about
comtn4x4 comtn4x4 is online now
Member
comtn4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 576
comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAutomotiveLV View Post
Dirt King Fabrication offers 2 performance lower control arms,
developed to withstand off road abuse and not compromise the
vehicles on road driving characteristics.



The most vulnerable suspension component on the 4Runner and
FJ Cruiser are the lower control arms.

Dirt King lower control arms have additional ground clearance and
include 1/8" aluminum skid plates for added protection.



The outer pivots on the lower control arms utilize heavy duty Moog
ball joints which are low maintenance and easily serviceable.

Controlled side by side testing was done between Moog ball joints and
the industry standard 1" uniball for the outer pivot.

The result was better on road tracking with the Moog ball joints.

Other benefits include a sealed housing to eliminate noise, longer life
span, and readily available at auto part stores.

Specs:
  • Track Width: Stock
  • Maximum Tire Size: 35
  • Maximum Backspacing: 4.75
  • Minimum Rim Size: 16
  • Compatible with factory sway bar: Yes
  • Bump Stop Size: 2.0 x 2.0
  • Coil Over Shock Size: OEM replacement coil overs



Features:
  • CAD designed
  • Slanted front plate to deflect objects
  • Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
  • Preassembled for fast installation
  • Grease fitting ports for easy servicing
  • Zinc plated components for corrosion resistance
  • Bump stop plating
  • Limit strap tabbing
  • Professionally MIG welded
  • Proudly made in the USA

What's Included...
  • Boxed plate lower control arms
  • 1/8" aluminum skid plate
  • Delrin bushings
  • Grease fittings
  • Moog ball joints
  • Brushed stainless steel logo plates
  • Grade 8 mounting hardware
  • Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
  • Zinc plated bump stop spacers
  • Durable black powder coat finish
  • Dirt King sticker pack
  • Installation instructions

Non-KDSS, Part #DK-814704
For KDSS, Part #DK-814704-KDSS

* The KDSS mount option is the first of its kind, a pivoting sway bar
mount that reduces stress and wear on the sway bar bushings.

The result is a freer range of motion and more articulation.



For more details - Click Here

_

Is that accurate that maximum rim size is 16"? Wouldn't be much good for 5th gens.

And backspacing is maxed at 4.75"?
__________________
'13 TE w/ KDSS, 4:56 Gears, Radflo 2.5" front and rear. Eibach 700# Front, Dobinson C59-701V Rear, Sonoran Steel KDSS Trac Bar, Fuel Revolver Rims 17x9 +1 mm 5" Backspace, Cooper ST Maxx 285/75r17, Hefty Fabworks Aluminum Front Bumper and Full Skids, C4 Fab Dual Swingout Rear Bumper, OPOR Sliders
comtn4x4 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:37 PM #4
TotalAutomotiveLV TotalAutomotiveLV is offline
Official Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,901
TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough
TotalAutomotiveLV TotalAutomotiveLV is offline
Official Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,901
TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by comtn4x4 View Post
Is that accurate that maximum rim size is 16"? Wouldn't be much good for 5th gens.

And backspacing is maxed at 4.75"?
The Wheel Size is actually a minimum of 16"

Most Common backspace is actually 4.5-4.75", although some off-road enthusiasts will look for less.



When ordering online, use Promo Code "T4R" for added savings on most brands.

_
__________________
TotalAutomotivePerformance.com - Your Toyota Upgrade Headquarters!
Contact Us by Phone at 702.979.1577 or via Email at info@lvtap.com

We have the best pricing on 4Runner upgrades! From ARB, Rigid, Baja Designs, ICON, King, Bilstein, Fox - Racks, shocks, lifts, lights, wheels, intakes, tuners, exhausts, suspension, and more! Send us a PM or shoot us an email and we will hook up your 4Runner with the highest quality parts and service around
TotalAutomotiveLV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:41 PM #5
honda250xtitan honda250xtitan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: phoenix
Posts: 1,078
honda250xtitan is a jewel in the rough honda250xtitan is a jewel in the rough honda250xtitan is a jewel in the rough honda250xtitan is a jewel in the rough
honda250xtitan honda250xtitan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: phoenix
Posts: 1,078
honda250xtitan is a jewel in the rough honda250xtitan is a jewel in the rough honda250xtitan is a jewel in the rough honda250xtitan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaestro View Post
I keep hearing about these "one of a kind" pivoting bracket for the KDSS links, but no one has posted any pictures or videos of how they work?
right? i'm hoping DK will release a retrofit kit to use the links/brackets on stock arms for guys with lifts.
__________________
2016 TE : Grocery Getter, 285/70R17 K02's, Prinsu Rack, 6112, T13, Fox 2.0, DirtKing Fabrication

2017 F250 6.7: ICON, BajaDesigns, DIY Retrofit headlights
honda250xtitan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:26 PM #6
comtn4x4's Avatar
comtn4x4 comtn4x4 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 576
comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about
comtn4x4 comtn4x4 is online now
Member
comtn4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 576
comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about comtn4x4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAutomotiveLV View Post
The Wheel Size is actually a minimum of 16"

Most Common backspace is actually 4.5-4.75", although some off-road enthusiasts will look for less.



When ordering online, use Promo Code "T4R" for added savings on most brands.

_
Ok thanks for clarifying. They should update their website.
My backspacing on my rims is 5". So short of new rims I guess it won't work for me. As far as I know the Total Chaos LCA's don't have limitations on backspacing
__________________
'13 TE w/ KDSS, 4:56 Gears, Radflo 2.5" front and rear. Eibach 700# Front, Dobinson C59-701V Rear, Sonoran Steel KDSS Trac Bar, Fuel Revolver Rims 17x9 +1 mm 5" Backspace, Cooper ST Maxx 285/75r17, Hefty Fabworks Aluminum Front Bumper and Full Skids, C4 Fab Dual Swingout Rear Bumper, OPOR Sliders
comtn4x4 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:51 PM #7
TotalAutomotiveLV TotalAutomotiveLV is offline
Official Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,901
TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough
TotalAutomotiveLV TotalAutomotiveLV is offline
Official Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,901
TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by comtn4x4 View Post
Ok thanks for clarifying. They should update their website.
My backspacing on my rims is 5". So short of new rims I guess it won't work for me. As far as I know the Total Chaos LCA's don't have limitations on backspacing
Total Chaos is another great option for LCA's

If you are planning on running a Dual-Shock option, then a 1.25" Wheel Spacer is required.

For a Single-Shock option, backspace limitations are not listed, but a 5" backspace should be just fine.

Always good to double check tire size on that wheel with TC just to be safe.

_
__________________
TotalAutomotivePerformance.com - Your Toyota Upgrade Headquarters!
Contact Us by Phone at 702.979.1577 or via Email at info@lvtap.com

We have the best pricing on 4Runner upgrades! From ARB, Rigid, Baja Designs, ICON, King, Bilstein, Fox - Racks, shocks, lifts, lights, wheels, intakes, tuners, exhausts, suspension, and more! Send us a PM or shoot us an email and we will hook up your 4Runner with the highest quality parts and service around
TotalAutomotiveLV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:08 PM #8
themaestro's Avatar
themaestro themaestro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 73
themaestro will become famous soon enough
themaestro themaestro is offline
Member
themaestro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 73
themaestro will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaestro View Post
I keep hearing about these "one of a kind" pivoting bracket for the KDSS links, but no one has posted any pictures or videos of how they work?
I'm getting some installed on the 26th so I'll post some photos.
themaestro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:58 PM #9
TotalAutomotiveLV TotalAutomotiveLV is offline
Official Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,901
TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough
TotalAutomotiveLV TotalAutomotiveLV is offline
Official Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,901
TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough TotalAutomotiveLV will become famous soon enough
Due to increasing demand for these Dirt King Lower Control Arms (LCA's),
we want to share a quick update on availability.

Current Production Time to Shipping is at most 8-10 business days.

Dirt King is doing an amazing job getting these out the door quickly.

_
__________________
TotalAutomotivePerformance.com - Your Toyota Upgrade Headquarters!
Contact Us by Phone at 702.979.1577 or via Email at info@lvtap.com

We have the best pricing on 4Runner upgrades! From ARB, Rigid, Baja Designs, ICON, King, Bilstein, Fox - Racks, shocks, lifts, lights, wheels, intakes, tuners, exhausts, suspension, and more! Send us a PM or shoot us an email and we will hook up your 4Runner with the highest quality parts and service around
TotalAutomotiveLV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:41 PM #10
themaestro's Avatar
themaestro themaestro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 73
themaestro will become famous soon enough
themaestro themaestro is offline
Member
themaestro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 73
themaestro will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaestro View Post
I'm getting some installed on the 26th so I'll post some photos.
Photos as promised, albeit a bit late...
Attached Images
Performance Lower Control Arms (LCA's) - Dirt King-img_0209-jpg  Performance Lower Control Arms (LCA's) - Dirt King-img_0210-jpg 
themaestro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
arms , ball , control , joints , lower

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dirt King Ball Joint Upper Control Arms (UCA's) TotalAutomotiveLV Total Automotive Performance 18 Yesterday 04:43 PM
Dirt King BOXED Upper Control Arms TotalAutomotiveLV Total Automotive Performance 26 11-22-2019 02:07 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020