User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2019, 11:34 AM #31
badattitude's Avatar
badattitude badattitude is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 509
badattitude will become famous soon enough
badattitude badattitude is offline
Member
badattitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 509
badattitude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusPro17 View Post
I’m leaving mine on for now. I would put some miles on it first before changing it out. If you do change it I don’t see why it is not a even swap getting the other Toyota exhaust that was used for the older Pros.
Should fit.
The tailpipe will not bolt up. The TRD muffler has three bolts connecting the tail pipe to the muffler, the regular 4runner muffler has two bolts connecting the muffler to the tail pipe. It would have been nice if Toyota made the parts interchangeable. I would like the TRD muffler with the rear exit exhaust. It can't happen because of the way Toyota made the TRD muffler tailpipe connection.

Adding...... A 2020 TRD Pro exhaust can be swapped out, from the cat back, including the tailpipe that goes straight back.
Attached Images
'20 TRD Pro Exhaust-trd-tailpipe-2020-jpg 
__________________
2015 4runner Limited
2008 V6 Sport Edition
1999 4runner
TRD Air Filter. Airaid MIT. O ring mod. TRD Exhaust. Front Discos. TrueTrac

Last edited by badattitude; 11-25-2019 at 02:09 PM.
badattitude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:07 PM #32
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
So if you want to change it out. Can you still replace the whole exhaust? Or can you not even do that? Thanks for the heads up.
RusPro17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:10 PM #33
badattitude's Avatar
badattitude badattitude is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 509
badattitude will become famous soon enough
badattitude badattitude is offline
Member
badattitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 509
badattitude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusPro17 View Post
So if you want to change it out. Can you still replace the whole exhaust? Or can you not even do that? Thanks for the heads up.
Yep, from the cat back using the straight tailpipe.
__________________
2015 4runner Limited
2008 V6 Sport Edition
1999 4runner
TRD Air Filter. Airaid MIT. O ring mod. TRD Exhaust. Front Discos. TrueTrac
badattitude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:15 PM #34
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 242
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 242
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
Theoretically, you should be able to replace one of the flanges, either from the muffler or the non-TRD OEM exhaust from muffler-back to get these to mate. Looking at the photos, the flange appears to be a sleeved unit.
NW.OH.T4R is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:06 AM #35
jros3484's Avatar
jros3484 jros3484 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 36
jros3484 is on a distinguished road
jros3484 jros3484 is offline
Member
jros3484's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 36
jros3484 is on a distinguished road
Maybe Iím missing something, but I bought this exhaust to put on my 19.

Unbolted old one... bolted up this one. Fit perfectly. No modifications to flanges, etc. I see zero reason why someone couldnít take a stock exhaust (from a 19 at least) and bolt it on a 20. Also canít imagine a difference between a 19 exhaust and other fifth gens. But have no specific knowledge of that. Only that there are zero issues with a 19 fitting.

Also, doesnít sound bad to me at all. I actually really like it. Different strokes. Have about 4,000 mi on it. (I drive a lot). Definitely seemed to smooth and mellow out. Either that or Iím used to it. Seems quieter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jros3484 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:35 AM #36
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 242
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 242
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jros3484 View Post
Maybe Iím missing something, but I bought this exhaust to put on my 19.

Unbolted old one... bolted up this one. Fit perfectly. No modifications to flanges, etc. I see zero reason why someone couldnít take a stock exhaust (from a 19 at least) and bolt it on a 20. Also canít imagine a difference between a 19 exhaust and other fifth gens. But have no specific knowledge of that. Only that there are zero issues with a 19 fitting.

Also, doesnít sound bad to me at all. I actually really like it. Different strokes. Have about 4,000 mi on it. (I drive a lot). Definitely seemed to smooth and mellow out. Either that or Iím used to it. Seems quieter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I had gathered, someone was looking at the potential of bolting the non-TRD muffler-back to the TRD muffler because they were looking at a rear exit with the TRD muffler characteristics. This is where they highlighted the difference in flanges to make this work.
NW.OH.T4R is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:30 PM #37
gSwift's Avatar
gSwift gSwift is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Rocket City
Posts: 267
gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about
gSwift gSwift is offline
Member
gSwift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Rocket City
Posts: 267
gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about
I just swapped my stock TRDP exhaust with a standard exhaust from a forum member here. No issues with the swap as long as you swap the full exhaust from the muffler back. As stated above, the standard exhaust flange bolts to the tail section using 2 bolts. And the TRDP exhaust bolts to tail section using 3 bolts.

@Brabbit took some pictures with both exhausts side by side before we reinstalled them. I'm sure he will post up the pictures after he wraps up his Thanksgiving festivities
gSwift is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:43 PM #38
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gSwift View Post
I just swapped my stock TRDP exhaust with a standard exhaust from a forum member here. No issues with the swap as long as you swap the full exhaust from the muffler back. As stated above, the standard exhaust flange bolts to the tail section using 2 bolts. And the TRDP exhaust bolts to tail section using 3 bolts.

@Brabbit took some pictures with both exhausts side by side before we reinstalled them. I'm sure he will post up the pictures after he wraps up his Thanksgiving festivities
Thanks Gswift,
That’s what i was asking if you do the whole exhaust swap I did not think it would be a problem. Because if the TRD exhaust gets to be annoying then you can just swap it out like you did. Thanks for confirming that!! Also did you have any issues coming out where the tail pipe ends. Does it come straight out the back like the old Pro exhaust? Thanks
RusPro17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:34 PM #39
gSwift's Avatar
gSwift gSwift is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Rocket City
Posts: 267
gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about
gSwift gSwift is offline
Member
gSwift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Rocket City
Posts: 267
gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusPro17 View Post
Thanks Gswift,
That’s what i was asking if you do the whole exhaust swap I did not think it would be a problem. Because if the TRD exhaust gets to be annoying then you can just swap it out like you did. Thanks for confirming that!! Also did you have any issues coming out where the tail pipe ends. Does it come straight out the back like the old Pro exhaust? Thanks
No problems at all. All of the hangers for both exhausts are the same. You just need to take off the right rear wheel/tire and then make sure you get it jacked up high enough that you can rotate it out and over the axle. Theres also a small heat shield that shields heat from the spare tire that comes off with two 12mm bolts.

I thought we were gonna have to drop the spare but we were able to get it out without doing that. We probably had both exhausts off and reinstalled in like an hour or so.

Last edited by gSwift; 11-26-2019 at 01:38 PM.
gSwift is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:15 PM #40
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gSwift View Post
No problems at all. All of the hangers for both exhausts are the same. You just need to take off the right rear wheel/tire and then make sure you get it jacked up high enough that you can rotate it out and over the axle. Theres also a small heat shield that shields heat from the spare tire that comes off with two 12mm bolts.

I thought we were gonna have to drop the spare but we were able to get it out without doing that. We probably had both exhausts off and reinstalled in like an hour or so.
So I take it the TRD exhaust got to you. You did not like it. You donít have many miles on your Pro correct. Iím picking mine up tomorrow.
RusPro17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:30 PM #41
gSwift's Avatar
gSwift gSwift is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Rocket City
Posts: 267
gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about
gSwift gSwift is offline
Member
gSwift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Rocket City
Posts: 267
gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusPro17 View Post
So I take it the TRD exhaust got to you. You did not like it. You donít have many miles on your Pro correct. Iím picking mine up tomorrow.
It's got 3000 on it now. I'm just not a fan of V6's with "performance" exhausts in general. Plus, I live around a decent amount of hills, so with the way the 4Runner is constantly searching for the most efficient gear, it gets annoying hearing the exhaust note.

I didn't buy the TRDP for performance, I wanted a Pro for the Army Green. I didn't want my daily driver making noise, that's what my straight piped C7 Z06 is for.
gSwift is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:37 PM #42
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gSwift View Post
It's got 3000 on it now. I'm just not a fan of V6's with "performance" exhausts in general. Plus, I live around a decent amount of hills, so with the way the 4Runner is constantly searching for the most efficient gear, it gets annoying hearing the exhaust note.

I didn't buy the TRDP for performance, I wanted a Pro for the Army Green. I didn't want my daily driver making noise, that's what my straight piped C7 Z06 is for.
I agree. What year is your Z06? I have a 19 Z06. Love it. Have had Corvettes for a long time and Toyotaís.
RusPro17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:44 PM #43
vipers28 vipers28 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Seattle
Posts: 51
vipers28 is on a distinguished road
vipers28 vipers28 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Seattle
Posts: 51
vipers28 is on a distinguished road
Well shit, if someone is in my AO and wants a Borla S and trade for stock, LMK! And I also have a Gibson sitting in the garage that I want to get rid of, but it would need a little weld as I had to cut a piece of it.
vipers28 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:16 PM #44
gSwift's Avatar
gSwift gSwift is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Rocket City
Posts: 267
gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about
gSwift gSwift is offline
Member
gSwift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Rocket City
Posts: 267
gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about gSwift has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusPro17 View Post
I agree. What year is your Z06? I have a 19 Z06. Love it. Have had Corvettes for a long time and Toyotaís.
Mine is a 2017...I love mine as well! Most likely gonna move up to a C8 whenever they release a Z
gSwift is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:52 PM #45
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
RusPro17 RusPro17 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pa.
Posts: 335
Real Name: Don
RusPro17 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gSwift View Post
Mine is a 2017...I love mine as well! Most likely gonna move up to a C8 whenever they release a Z
Sounds good. I will be keeping my Z06 for a long time. I donít see myself moving up. I love my manual beast. But good for you if you get one!!
RusPro17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drone , exhaust , long , pro , trd

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exhaust Sounds From Outside Above Exhaust liqourish 4th Gen T4Rs 4 06-13-2017 07:03 PM
4runner exhaust vs highlander exhaust bgibbs11 General Discussions 0 07-01-2013 01:09 PM
Trade my Borla Dual Exhaust for your stock exhaust Sarasota Pimp Zone 1 06-17-2011 03:53 AM
Will trade my Magnaflow exhaust for a stock Toyota exhaust vpritchina Classifieds - buy & sell (no commercial ads please) 31 07-19-2008 01:31 AM
TRD Exhaust Vs. Aftermarket exhaust warrior3313 Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories 2 01-25-2008 11:07 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020