User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2020, 02:50 PM #181
BadTrainDriver BadTrainDriver is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 87
BadTrainDriver will become famous soon enough
BadTrainDriver BadTrainDriver is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 87
BadTrainDriver will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW.OH.T4R View Post
Yeah, my sister is an attorney in Ohio so I’m up to speed on the code. Makes the process easier (cheaper) for me as well. It’s nice to have legal support.
I can assure you that if I test drove mine in its current state, I would be offering significantly less with the intent of replacing suspension components upon acquisition. I am too. I just want the damn thing fixed. I really like this truck, but I have zero confidence in the suspension in its current state.
The regional field service tech came and slapped a set of “shock ears” on the shock bodies and said, “everything is normal”. Then he followed that with it’s a known issue, so which is it? I don’t think mine is a shock problem. Toyota has thrown in the towel, leaving me with the choice to spend my own time and money trying to fix it or looking into a buy back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you get yours bought back, I'm hiring your sister to get mine bought back. Seriously!
BadTrainDriver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:10 PM #182
Monozub1 Monozub1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20
Monozub1 is on a distinguished road
Monozub1 Monozub1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20
Monozub1 is on a distinguished road
Classic Toyota in Waukegan.
Monozub1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:36 PM #183
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 348
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 348
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver View Post
If you get yours bought back, I'm hiring your sister to get mine bought back. Seriously!
I'm sure she'd welcome the business (twins on the way!). I'm not going to have much movement until late March, with or without a response from Toyota directly.

Fun fact: this forum isn't accessible from my hotel in Vietnam. I have to run through a North American VPN.

Also, the Fortuner is pretty awesome. I like it more and more each time I'm over here. They even have rear a/c vents and control. Probably one of the more popular vehicles in Ho Chi Minh City.
NW.OH.T4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:58 PM #184
Monozub1 Monozub1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20
Monozub1 is on a distinguished road
Monozub1 Monozub1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20
Monozub1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post
Where did you take it, if you don't mind me asking?

Mine did not do this when it was new, but started in January and it is temperature-dependent for sure (almost imperceptible when it is > 40 degrees outside, but REALLY annoying and clunky/poppy when coming to a stop when it's ~15 degrees outside). We had some pretty cold days back in November and December too and it wasn't doing it back then, so that's why I'm not convinced that this is "normal" or "working as designed"...
When did you buy yours.
Monozub1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:11 PM #185
Nliiitend1's Avatar
Nliiitend1 Nliiitend1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 15
Nliiitend1 is on a distinguished road
Nliiitend1 Nliiitend1 is offline
Junior Member
Nliiitend1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 15
Nliiitend1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monozub1 View Post
When did you buy yours.
Last week of June last year.
Nliiitend1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:23 PM #186
Monozub1 Monozub1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20
Monozub1 is on a distinguished road
Monozub1 Monozub1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20
Monozub1 is on a distinguished road
What are you going to do with this issue? Did you talk to your dealer. I would like to talk to someone from Fox, I do not know if I am going to find someone who was working with Toyota. Also I would ask Fox people if they have the same sound from their aftermarket suspension. I will stay in touch. If you find out something about this issue, please let me know. Thank you.
Monozub1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:23 AM #187
BadTrainDriver BadTrainDriver is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 87
BadTrainDriver will become famous soon enough
BadTrainDriver BadTrainDriver is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 87
BadTrainDriver will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monozub1 View Post
What are you going to do with this issue? Did you talk to your dealer. I would like to talk to someone from Fox, I do not know if I am going to find someone who was working with Toyota. Also I would ask Fox people if they have the same sound from their aftermarket suspension. I will stay in touch. If you find out something about this issue, please let me know. Thank you.
FYI, I've emailed Fox six times now, and have not received a single response. I've not tried to call, as I want their response documented.
BadTrainDriver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:23 AM #188
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 348
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 348
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver View Post
FYI, I've emailed Fox six times now, and have not received a single response. I've not tried to call, as I want their response documented.
I've also never received a response from FOX.

My claim was accepted by the NCDS. Arbitration is scheduled for 3/31 and Toyota is required to provide a response based on the outcome of the proceedings within 10 days. So I'll know something mid-April.
NW.OH.T4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:16 PM #189
YetiRunner_TX YetiRunner_TX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Texas
Posts: 1
YetiRunner_TX is on a distinguished road
YetiRunner_TX YetiRunner_TX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Texas
Posts: 1
YetiRunner_TX is on a distinguished road
Currently experiencing the same issues with my new TRD Pro as well. However, I live in southeast Texas.. where cold weather is never a factor in the equation. My runner has been in four times.. today, they replaced the fox suspension with a new set.. the noise is still present. They are attempting to tell me the issue is “normal.” However, my noise did not begin until my vehicle reached around 4000 miles.

I spoke to the regional sales manager at Fox and was assured that this is NOT a normal occurrence in the Fox system. The only time a knock should/would be present in a Fox Shock is if the nitrogen level has been depleted. Being that the “old set” and the “new set” are having the same noise.. that seems to be unlikely as well. (Per Fox)

He is willing to speak to my dealership as well.

Very unpleased with the way our dealership has handled this issue for us, but I’m glad I’m not alone.
YetiRunner_TX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:19 PM #190
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 348
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
NW.OH.T4R NW.OH.T4R is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW, Ohio
Posts: 348
Real Name: Jason
NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough NW.OH.T4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiRunner_TX View Post
Currently experiencing the same issues with my new TRD Pro as well. However, I live in southeast Texas.. where cold weather is never a factor in the equation. My runner has been in four times.. today, they replaced the fox suspension with a new set.. the noise is still present. They are attempting to tell me the issue is “normal.” However, my noise did not begin until my vehicle reached around 4000 miles.

I spoke to the regional sales manager at Fox and was assured that this is NOT a normal occurrence in the Fox system. The only time a knock should/would be present in a Fox Shock is if the nitrogen level has been depleted. Being that the “old set” and the “new set” are having the same noise.. that seems to be unlikely as well. (Per Fox)

He is willing to speak to my dealership as well.

Very unpleased with the way our dealership has handled this issue for us, but I’m glad I’m not alone.

If you could get something in writing from that Fox manager I would be forever grateful. I have an open claim with the NCDS because Toyota rejected my lemon law claim. Evidence is due by March 31st.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NW.OH.T4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:02 AM #191
Cameraman1dm3 Cameraman1dm3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1
Cameraman1dm3 is on a distinguished road
Cameraman1dm3 Cameraman1dm3 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1
Cameraman1dm3 is on a distinguished road
Toyota replacing the front shocks.

Yesteraday morning was the perfect conditions to hear my 2019 TRD Pro suspension pop. It was cold, 37* and 8am. I drove my 4R 2 miles to the dealership and it popped entering their parking lot. So I spoke to service tech and they advised me to wait a few mins to do a ride along. I took the master tech for a ride along. The suspension popped many times. He was able to hear and feel it in the floor. Once we got back to the dealership he advised me he would start a service call with Toyota Technical. Within a few minutes he had an answer from them to replace the front shocks, evaluate suspension again, if rear pop they will also replace them.

Let's hope the replacements are from a different production batch with the problem corrected.

The tech also told me Toyota asked for the front shocks to be sent to them for inspection.

I'll update once the front has been replaced.

Cameraman1dm3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:54 PM #192
edgesalon's Avatar
edgesalon edgesalon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 195
edgesalon is on a distinguished road
edgesalon edgesalon is offline
Member
edgesalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 195
edgesalon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameraman1dm3 View Post
Yesteraday morning was the perfect conditions to hear my 2019 TRD Pro suspension pop. It was cold, 37* and 8am. I drove my 4R 2 miles to the dealership and it popped entering their parking lot. So I spoke to service tech and they advised me to wait a few mins to do a ride along. I took the master tech for a ride along. The suspension popped many times. He was able to hear and feel it in the floor. Once we got back to the dealership he advised me he would start a service call with Toyota Technical. Within a few minutes he had an answer from them to replace the front shocks, evaluate suspension again, if rear pop they will also replace them.

Let's hope the replacements are from a different production batch with the problem corrected.

The tech also told me Toyota asked for the front shocks to be sent to them for inspection.

I'll update once the front has been replaced.

It seems like each dealer does what they want there is not any consistency on how the dealers are to deal with this issue
I am hopping for a recall notice for all Fox suspension on the Pro Owners now that would be how to deal with this.
__________________
18 FunRunner
edgesalon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:28 PM #193
TRDBRO402 TRDBRO402 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: 402
Posts: 4
TRDBRO402 is on a distinguished road
TRDBRO402 TRDBRO402 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: 402
Posts: 4
TRDBRO402 is on a distinguished road
I had the same issue with my 19' Pro. Took it to the dealer back in January and was told Toyota knows about the issue. However, they stated the shocks are performing correctly and it is a cold weather issue that Fox is looking into.

Well today I fixed the problem. Swapped everything with Kings. I like the truck just disappointed in how Toyota is handling this issue.
__________________
2019 4Runner TRD Pro
2016 BMW M4
TRDBRO402 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:02 AM #194
momo.75's Avatar
momo.75 momo.75 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Age: 50
Posts: 8,294
Real Name: Morris
momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light
momo.75 momo.75 is offline
Registered User
momo.75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Age: 50
Posts: 8,294
Real Name: Morris
momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light momo.75 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco Ramirez View Post
My friend said. My friend said. 😂 Any actual evidence besides you and your bff4l playing telephone?
@Tuco Ramirez if you don't have anything constructive to add, then just move along.
momo.75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boards , fox , notice , pro , trd

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steering clunk... clunk over hard bumps kruegs 3rd gen T4Rs 30 12-12-2017 03:50 PM
Mysterious clunk in driveline (not the clunk you're thinking of) netchemica 4th Gen T4Rs 16 07-27-2014 06:50 PM
Do LC shock bushing match stock lower shock bushings?? Jc12 3rd gen T4Rs 2 04-10-2012 07:54 PM
Clunk clunk down the road ALt4r 4th Gen T4Rs 9 12-19-2008 08:36 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020