User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2020, 12:25 AM #16
mr_pink mr_pink is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: so cal
Posts: 44
mr_pink is on a distinguished road
mr_pink mr_pink is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: so cal
Posts: 44
mr_pink is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalisimo View Post
Okay so what’s your point? You don’t ask any questions or seem to be looking to address any concerns in this thread. Glad you enjoyed your test drive but is there something else you’re trying to say or ask?
he has 26 posts already too? what in the #$%^?
mr_pink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:23 AM #17
thennen's Avatar
thennen thennen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,499
thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold
thennen thennen is offline
Senior Member
thennen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,499
thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalisimo View Post
Okay so what’s your point? You don’t ask any questions or seem to be looking to address any concerns in this thread. Glad you enjoyed your test drive but is there something else you’re trying to say or ask?
Maybe he got the mistaken impression that he could simply post an experience. Probably is unaware of the rule that states you must either ask a question or address a concern when posting.

These are obviously his first impressions of a 4Runner, which it seems he's considering to buy. He's sharing his assessment of the vehicle.
thennen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:49 AM #18
RichinRidgewood's Avatar
RichinRidgewood RichinRidgewood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: NJ/FL
Posts: 1,499
RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all
RichinRidgewood RichinRidgewood is offline
Senior Member
RichinRidgewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: NJ/FL
Posts: 1,499
RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by thennen View Post
Maybe he got the mistaken impression that he could simply post an experience. Probably is unaware of the rule that states you must either ask a question or address a concern when posting.

These are obviously his first impressions of a 4Runner, which it seems he's considering to buy. He's sharing his assessment of the vehicle.
Thanks is for bringing that up. I dont see that rule after searching the FAQ. If that were the case then the 1000’s of “Show me your (insert color, doodad, trinket name here )” threads and “Pics of my latest adventure (insert location etc here)” wouldn’t be welcome either. It would be pretty boring here if that were the case.
RichinRidgewood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:54 AM #19
RichinRidgewood's Avatar
RichinRidgewood RichinRidgewood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: NJ/FL
Posts: 1,499
RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all
RichinRidgewood RichinRidgewood is offline
Senior Member
RichinRidgewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: NJ/FL
Posts: 1,499
RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_pink View Post
he has 26 posts already too? what in the #$%^?
27 it might even reach 30 by the end of the week.
RichinRidgewood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:16 AM #20
adrtoy adrtoy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 281
adrtoy is on a distinguished road
adrtoy adrtoy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 281
adrtoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinRidgewood View Post
Thanks is for bringing that up. I dont see that rule after searching the FAQ. If that were the case then the 1000’s of “Show me your (insert color, doodad, trinket name here )” threads and “Pics of my latest adventure (insert location etc here)” wouldn’t be welcome either. It would be pretty boring here if that were the case.
This forum is rough about things like that. It's pretty much what's kept me away for the last couple years.

FWIW I'm about to buy my 3rd 5th gen in 5 years. I really love these for my outdoor lifestyle.
adrtoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:02 AM #21
wsgoat's Avatar
wsgoat wsgoat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: under the radar
Posts: 414
wsgoat will become famous soon enough wsgoat will become famous soon enough
wsgoat wsgoat is offline
Member
wsgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: under the radar
Posts: 414
wsgoat will become famous soon enough wsgoat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrtoy View Post
This forum is rough about things like that. It's pretty much what's kept me away for the last couple years.

FWIW I'm about to buy my 3rd 5th gen in 5 years. I really love these for my outdoor lifestyle.
Rough?.....you must have a lot of participation trophies.
__________________
*2017 4R TRD Pro, 01H5 Cement w/ Shrockworks dimpled tread plate sliders, Moroso oil catch-can, black powder-coated roof rails. (summer runner).
*2005 4R Sport Edition w/ Bilstein 5100's, Gen-5 brake upgrade, K&N cold air intake, cabin air intake mod, Falken Wildpeak AT3. (winter runner).
*1965 Pontiac GTO convertible, 4-speed w/tri-power, PHS documented. (born in Freemont CA).
*1962 Chevrolet C-10 (short-step) pickup, 4-speed, survivor. (born in Oakland CA).
wsgoat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:12 AM #22
luke27617 luke27617 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 40
luke27617 is on a distinguished road
luke27617 luke27617 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 40
luke27617 is on a distinguished road
Get 2020. You can buy them way under invoice. Better Nav, Apple CarPlay, safety, etc.... Just switched my wife from 18 to 20. She loves all the upgrades. OR if you want something that you will really love, get for the same price a pre-owned 16+ Land Cruiser. Test drive one of those and you will never look back at 4runner. There is a reason I don't let my wife drive mine ;). There is a great forum for LCs if you google with all great info and great people to help you with anything you may need.

Last edited by luke27617; 01-16-2020 at 09:16 AM.
luke27617 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:00 AM #23
mr_pink mr_pink is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: so cal
Posts: 44
mr_pink is on a distinguished road
mr_pink mr_pink is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: so cal
Posts: 44
mr_pink is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinRidgewood View Post
27 it might even reach 30 by the end of the week.
wow, 30 posts. driving a 4runner 'that everyones seen' for the first time too. youre really living life now.
mr_pink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:05 AM #24
mnofpeace's Avatar
mnofpeace mnofpeace is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ft. Washington, Md.
Age: 52
Posts: 700
Real Name: Patrick
mnofpeace has a spectacular aura about mnofpeace has a spectacular aura about
mnofpeace mnofpeace is offline
Member
mnofpeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ft. Washington, Md.
Age: 52
Posts: 700
Real Name: Patrick
mnofpeace has a spectacular aura about mnofpeace has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinRidgewood View Post
There is a White 2019 Limited Demo at the Toyota dealer on the corner of Maple and 208. If you're from here you'll know where I'm talking about.

I drove it on 208 (highway) and Maple and parked it in my driveway then drove to the dealer and backed it into the parking sport.

Nice truck and a good size. It fits in my driveway. Its not a bus like some of the others I've considered. It is a truck. It's not uncomfortable, however, it is a truck.
Taking one to the Shore for a day, say, Bradley beach would be ok. Cape May might be a stretch.

The acceleration was adequate. The engine has more of a mechanical sound than I'm used to but thats not a bad thing. Otherwise it was nice and quiet.

I like what I saw on the navigation screen. The sunroof is big. That I appreciate.
The carpeting, from what I could tell, didn't look or feel cheap.

I measured the cargo area with the seats folded down and there was plenty of room to meet the needs of my business.

Im 6'2" 230 and there was plenty of room for my head. I was able to adjust the steering wheel and seat to a comfortable position without feeling like I was sitting on the floor. I like that it has a tall wind shield and the vehicle sits high.
We know....

we kid because we love...
__________________
Patrick L
Ft. Washington, Md.
2014 SR5 w/ 3rd row
My TRD-Pro-Lite
mnofpeace is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:09 AM #25
Generalisimo Generalisimo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 33
Generalisimo is on a distinguished road
Generalisimo Generalisimo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 33
Generalisimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_pink View Post
he has 26 posts already too? what in the #$%^?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinRidgewood View Post
27 it might even reach 30 by the end of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_pink View Post
wow, 30 posts. driving a 4runner 'that everyones seen' for the first time too. youre really living life now.

Ohhhh, my mistake! I didn’t know the number of posts was relevant. Guess it’s kinda like the number of Facebook friends you’ve never met or maybe adoring Twitter followers. Who knew?
Generalisimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:02 PM #26
Bumbo's Avatar
Bumbo Bumbo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
Bumbo Bumbo is offline
Senior Member
Bumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I saw 3.19 a gallon gas for the first time in a while today.
I too have noticed the decline in prices... its a good time to own a V8.
Bumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:21 PM #27
Bumbo's Avatar
Bumbo Bumbo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
Bumbo Bumbo is offline
Senior Member
Bumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_pink View Post
i had a 3rd gen...4 speed action. horrible. toyota does not do SHIT for mpgs ever. opposite of honda. i love the crao out of my 4runner but seeing 16 mpg in the cluster kills me. the 4runner is like a lady.
My 4th gen is a 2004, so it also comes with a 4 speed.

Gas mileage really isn’t its strongpoint but I also don’t think it’s terrible either.

If you drive a lot, its actually easy to justify a 2nd car as a commuter when comparing the operating costs.

After owning a 4Runner, I would have a hard time giving it up. When it comes to road tips / weekend warrior off-road driving… there is nothing else I rather do those activities in.
Bumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:48 PM #28
RichinRidgewood's Avatar
RichinRidgewood RichinRidgewood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: NJ/FL
Posts: 1,499
RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all
RichinRidgewood RichinRidgewood is offline
Senior Member
RichinRidgewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: NJ/FL
Posts: 1,499
RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all RichinRidgewood is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke27617 View Post
Get 2020. You can buy them way under invoice. Better Nav, Apple CarPlay, safety, etc.... Just switched my wife from 18 to 20. She loves all the upgrades. OR if you want something that you will really love, get for the same price a pre-owned 16+ Land Cruiser. Test drive one of those and you will never look back at 4runner. There is a reason I don't let my wife drive mine ;). There is a great forum for LCs if you google with all great info and great people to help you with anything you may need.
Yes. 2020.
The 2019 Limited was sitting on a lot with a "Demo" sign on the windshield so I thought I would take it for a drive.
RichinRidgewood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:15 PM #29
Jivewalker's Avatar
Jivewalker Jivewalker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 726
Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light
Jivewalker Jivewalker is offline
Member
Jivewalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 726
Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light Jivewalker is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinRidgewood View Post
There is a White 2019 Limited Demo at the Toyota dealer on the corner of Maple and 208. If you're from here you'll know where I'm talking about.

I drove it on 208 (highway) and Maple and parked it in my driveway then drove to the dealer and backed it into the parking sport.

Nice truck and a good size. It fits in my driveway. Its not a bus like some of the others I've considered. It is a truck. It's not uncomfortable, however, it is a truck.
Taking one to the Shore for a day, say, Bradley beach would be ok. Cape May might be a stretch.

The acceleration was adequate. The engine has more of a mechanical sound than I'm used to but thats not a bad thing. Otherwise it was nice and quiet.

I like what I saw on the navigation screen. The sunroof is big. That I appreciate.
The carpeting, from what I could tell, didn't look or feel cheap.

I measured the cargo area with the seats folded down and there was plenty of room to meet the needs of my business.

Im 6'2" 230 and there was plenty of room for my head. I was able to adjust the steering wheel and seat to a comfortable position without feeling like I was sitting on the floor. I like that it has a tall wind shield and the vehicle sits high.
Hell yeah!
__________________
2012 TE KDSS | Black| 265/70R17 C KO2's @ 44psi | 225,000 miles |Link To Inside Fishing Rod Holder Mod

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Jivewalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:28 PM #30
thennen's Avatar
thennen thennen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,499
thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold
thennen thennen is offline
Senior Member
thennen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,499
thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold thennen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinRidgewood View Post
Thanks is for bringing that up. I dont see that rule after searching the FAQ. If that were the case then the 1000’s of “Show me your (insert color, doodad, trinket name here )” threads and “Pics of my latest adventure (insert location etc here)” wouldn’t be welcome either. It would be pretty boring here if that were the case.
If you decide to buy, be sure to post pics. Best wishes!
thennen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
driveway , drove , nice , plenty , truck

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So, I drove my 4runner into a ditch today (question inside) 1985taylor1925 3rd gen T4Rs 12 01-16-2020 01:39 PM
Test drove this 4Runner today Icepuck72 4th Gen T4Rs 11 04-03-2013 06:29 PM
Drove my 95 3.0 Project for 1st time Today! mikedks Classic T4Rs 4 10-14-2011 11:42 AM
i drove the 5th gen today BROOKLYN 5th gen T4Rs 10 10-17-2009 07:42 PM
Drove an H3 today Falls Off Topic 4 07-13-2006 01:41 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020