User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2020, 09:56 PM #1
benhalleniii benhalleniii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 84
benhalleniii is on a distinguished road
benhalleniii benhalleniii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 84
benhalleniii is on a distinguished road
Window lock stuck after battery change...please read.

Hey there guys. Before you leap to conclusions and send me links to resetting automatic window close settings or 'normalizing' the windows after a battery change, please read the post first. Thanks. I've searched the forum for my specific issues but haven't found a solution.

So, changed the starting battery in my 2017 TRD Off Road. Lost automatic window opening/closing on the rear gate window, driver's side window and sunroof. All reset now and working well.

What is NOT working is that I now cannot operate any windows other than the driver's side front window from the driver's door controls. However, each window is working if you try to open it from the switch on it's door. So, if I want to open the passenger front window, I can do so from the front passenger door, but not from the driver's door control. Effectively, I cannot open any window other than front driver's side window from the front driver's side controls.


Any suggestions? Could this be a fuse?

Thanks in advance!

b
e
n
__________________
2017 TRD Off Road
benhalleniii is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:10 AM #2
Mudhorn's Avatar
Mudhorn Mudhorn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 584
Mudhorn is a jewel in the rough Mudhorn is a jewel in the rough Mudhorn is a jewel in the rough
Mudhorn Mudhorn is offline
Member
Mudhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 584
Mudhorn is a jewel in the rough Mudhorn is a jewel in the rough Mudhorn is a jewel in the rough
Toyota 4Runner: System Description - Power Window Control System - Service Manual

Doesnít answer your question, but info that might help
__________________
Ford Explorer - Jeep Liberty Renegade - GMC Yukon Denali - Hummer H2 - Ford Raptor SVT - BMW M6 - Suzuki Jimny - Mazda Demio - Daihatsu Naked - Will Cypha - Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
Mudhorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:28 AM #3
Bill Z's Avatar
Bill Z Bill Z is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Issaquah WA
Posts: 122
Bill Z will become famous soon enough
Bill Z Bill Z is offline
Member
Bill Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Issaquah WA
Posts: 122
Bill Z will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhalleniii View Post
Any suggestions? Could this be a fuse?

No, Fuses are a yes or no thing - Either you've blown a fuse or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhalleniii View Post

What is NOT working is that I now cannot operate any windows other than the driver's side front window from the driver's door controls. However, each window is working if you try to open it from the switch on it's door. So, if I want to open the passenger front window, I can do so from the front passenger door, but not from the driver's door control. Effectively, I cannot open any window other than front driver's side window from the front driver's side controls.
Are you absolutely 100% sure that you did the normalization procedure correctly? Did you go to each individual window switch (not from the master on the drivers side) and do the procedure? Did you hold the window in the up and down position for 3 Mississippi's before you let go?
Just checking - but the problem you describe is the exact symptoms of windows that need to be normalized.
Bill Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:27 AM #4
AAJ02960 AAJ02960 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1
AAJ02960 is on a distinguished road
AAJ02960 AAJ02960 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1
AAJ02960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhalleniii View Post
Hey there guys. Before you leap to conclusions and send me links to resetting automatic window close settings or 'normalizing' the windows after a battery change, please read the post first. Thanks. I've searched the forum for my specific issues but haven't found a solution.

So, changed the starting battery in my 2017 TRD Off Road. Lost automatic window opening/closing on the rear gate window, driver's side window and sunroof. All reset now and working well.

What is NOT working is that I now cannot operate any windows other than the driver's side front window from the driver's door controls. However, each window is working if you try to open it from the switch on it's door. So, if I want to open the passenger front window, I can do so from the front passenger door, but not from the driver's door control. Effectively, I cannot open any window other than front driver's side window from the front driver's side controls.


Any suggestions? Could this be a fuse?

Thanks in advance!

b
e
n
Hi There,

Did you manage to resolve this as iam having the exact same problem with my front passenger window.
AAJ02960 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:01 AM #5
fkheath fkheath is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Utah
Posts: 719
fkheath is a jewel in the rough fkheath is a jewel in the rough fkheath is a jewel in the rough fkheath is a jewel in the rough
fkheath fkheath is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Utah
Posts: 719
fkheath is a jewel in the rough fkheath is a jewel in the rough fkheath is a jewel in the rough fkheath is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAJ02960 View Post
Hi There,

Did you manage to resolve this as iam having the exact same problem with my front passenger window.
If it is a single window, the problem is usually the switch.
fkheath is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:33 PM #6
Irish Mike Irish Mike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Grimes, Iowa
Age: 52
Posts: 46
Irish Mike is on a distinguished road
Irish Mike Irish Mike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Grimes, Iowa
Age: 52
Posts: 46
Irish Mike is on a distinguished road
Each window must be rolled all the way down and all the way back up using its individual switch, once this is done each window should work from the driver side master switch.
Irish Mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:52 PM #7
Saker's Avatar
Saker Saker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Near Baton Rouge, LA
Age: 67
Posts: 3,861
Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of
Saker Saker is offline
Senior Member
Saker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Near Baton Rouge, LA
Age: 67
Posts: 3,861
Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of Saker has much to be proud of
Donít you just love it when the OP never responds back to answer the original issue solutions?!?!!??!?!!
__________________
Best Regards,
Saker


2021 T4R *MIDNIGHT BLACK METALLIC* TRD OFF ROAD PREMIUM 4X4| Sakerís Ebony Build | Sakerís Previous 2014 Midnight Build | Scuba Mod | LED LIGHT BAR INSTALL | Saker's EBRs Photos Updated 05-21-16| Saker's Previous 2013 FJ TT/SE
Saker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:30 PM #8
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
Kinda weird, today my battery seemed to fail. I didn't leave the lights on or anything, just had the a/c fan running with the motor off.

AAA jumped it, after which the front passenger (only) window would not work via the driver side controls. It works with it's own switch and the other windows also work with the driver controls.

I'm going to try that protocol mentioned above, is that it as far as the "normalizing" ?

Also strangely the clock went back 4 hours somewhere along the way, well that is easy enough to fix.

So it sounds like this is a known and not uncommon thing.

?
__________________
2017 TRD Off Road
zzdocxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:36 PM #9
03_4x4Runner's Avatar
03_4x4Runner 03_4x4Runner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,744
03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about 03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about
03_4x4Runner 03_4x4Runner is offline
Senior Member
03_4x4Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,744
03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about 03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about
My guess is its time to replace the battery.
__________________
2014 4Runner Limited Barcelona Red, RCI gas tank skid plate, 275/70/17 BFG KO2 all terrains on SR5 wheels for off road use stock 20s for highway
03_4x4Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:55 PM #10
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_4x4Runner View Post
My guess is its time to replace the battery.
Yup I ordered one of those Odyssey 34R with height adjustment thing.

Also ordered the GM diode doo-jobby.

I'm going to look at this again after I put in the new battery tomorrow.

In other news, the front passenger window no longer works even with its own switch . . .
__________________
2017 TRD Off Road
zzdocxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:44 PM #11
03_4x4Runner's Avatar
03_4x4Runner 03_4x4Runner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,744
03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about 03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about
03_4x4Runner 03_4x4Runner is offline
Senior Member
03_4x4Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,744
03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about 03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdocxx View Post
Yup I ordered one of those Odyssey 34R with height adjustment thing.

Also ordered the GM diode doo-jobby.

I'm going to look at this again after I put in the new battery tomorrow.

In other news, the front passenger window no longer works even with its own switch . . .
I am going to replace my Odyssey 34R soon because of age with a new Odyssey. Odyssey now recommends a 24F for the 4runner. It is the same width and length but is 1 inch taller so no spacer is needed.
__________________
2014 4Runner Limited Barcelona Red, RCI gas tank skid plate, 275/70/17 BFG KO2 all terrains on SR5 wheels for off road use stock 20s for highway
03_4x4Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:50 PM #12
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_4x4Runner View Post
I am going to replace my Odyssey 34R soon because of age with a new Odyssey. Odyssey now recommends a 24F for the 4runner. It is the same width and length but is 1 inch taller so no spacer is needed.
Yeah my ODX 34R came in today and is already paid for. I was looking for the difference in spec in those two but didn't find it right off the bat.

Update on my window situation: front passenger window started working again on its own, only from its own switch though.

So I did the normalizing thing, this time I held the button for a good long 1-2-3 both up and down and it works normally again, yay !

Gonna put the new battery in this afternoon.
__________________
2017 TRD Off Road
zzdocxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:59 PM #13
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
Update - put the new battery in yesterday afternoon and for whatever reason all the windows have continued working normally . . .

__________________
2017 TRD Off Road
zzdocxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:05 PM #14
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
zzdocxx zzdocxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 197
zzdocxx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_4x4Runner View Post
I am going to replace my Odyssey 34R soon because of age with a new Odyssey. Odyssey now recommends a 24F for the 4runner. It is the same width and length but is 1 inch taller so no spacer is needed.
Yeah seems like the 24F might have been a better choice for me but I'm sure the 34R will work out fine this time around.

Here are the specs for both batteries in case anyone is interested. Note the difference in "reserve capacity minutes" 135 minutes for the 34R vs. 160 minutes for the 24F.

Spec for 34R:
Specifications
Voltage
12

Pulse (5 second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA)
1500

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)
850

HCA
1250

MCA
1050

20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)
68

10Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)
62

Reserve Capacity Minutes
135

Spec for 24F:
Voltage
12

Pulse (5 second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA)
1500

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)
840

HCA
1200

MCA
1000

20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)
76

10Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)
73

Reserve Capacity Minutes
160
__________________
2017 TRD Off Road

Last edited by zzdocxx; 08-14-2021 at 01:07 PM.
zzdocxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 02:04 PM #15
03_4x4Runner's Avatar
03_4x4Runner 03_4x4Runner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,744
03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about 03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about
03_4x4Runner 03_4x4Runner is offline
Senior Member
03_4x4Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,744
03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about 03_4x4Runner has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdocxx View Post
Yeah seems like the 24F might have been a better choice for me but I'm sure the 34R will work out fine this time around.

Here are the specs for both batteries in case anyone is interested. Note the difference in "reserve capacity minutes" 135 minutes for the 34R vs. 160 minutes for the 24F.

Spec for 34R:
Specifications
Voltage
12

Pulse (5 second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA)
1500

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)
850

HCA
1250

MCA
1050

20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)
68

10Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)
62

Reserve Capacity Minutes
135

Spec for 24F:
Voltage
12

Pulse (5 second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA)
1500

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)
840

HCA
1200

MCA
1000

20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)
76

10Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)
73

Reserve Capacity Minutes
160
Yes the 34r is a great battery. Mine is still going strong after 4 years with no diode mod. I am only going to put in a new because of age. This is my only vehicle and I off road a lot. I just want to start fresh. I am probably going to keep this 4runner another 3 years and no sense waiting till it dies. It will be an odyssey 24F unless only 34r are available.
__________________
2014 4Runner Limited Barcelona Red, RCI gas tank skid plate, 275/70/17 BFG KO2 all terrains on SR5 wheels for off road use stock 20s for highway
03_4x4Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door , drivers , front , side , window

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rear window wont operate, no wiper or defrost (NOT WINDOW LOCK) the great him 3rd gen T4Rs 19 11-09-2021 01:08 PM
Tailgate / back window doesn't work (motor works and it isn't the window lock switch) seattlee 3rd gen T4Rs 14 12-08-2020 12:54 PM
FS: 3rd Gen - 4x4/e-locker ECU and Read Diff lock button - $75 - HI genmarks For Sale: T4R Items 0 05-31-2017 02:57 AM
Back Window, Wiper, and Defroster no worky (Not the window lock or limit SW!) Schnaars 3rd gen T4Rs 17 05-05-2014 09:23 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020