User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2021, 03:32 PM #16
icyhotahs icyhotahs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 113
icyhotahs is on a distinguished road
icyhotahs icyhotahs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 113
icyhotahs is on a distinguished road
@mark@eibach :

I'm sure ya'll are busy, but there's a few questions above.

Also:

When are you expecting the Load Leveling Kits to be back in stock? I'm just trying to give you my money, that's all.

Thanks!
icyhotahs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:22 PM #17
mark@eibach's Avatar
mark@eibach mark@eibach is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 88
mark@eibach will become famous soon enough
mark@eibach mark@eibach is offline
Member
mark@eibach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 88
mark@eibach will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlots View Post
Ordered a set of these for my '21 TRD ORP and they showed up yesterday. They arrived with no wrench. I had some trouble getting through to tech support with some questions. I ended up getting someone via the sales option and was told yes a wrench should be included, but I would have to go through the place I ordered from. Eibach couldn't help me out. I've emailed and called but no answer yet (I'm also waiting for find out why my rears didn't arrive too). So I'm stuck without a wrench, and I'm not sure what wrench I should be getting. The video shows what looks like a basic stamped sheetmetal type and another aluminum machined type. How do I get ahold of one of these, where can I order one? Would another brand wrench work?

Next question, some, but not all photos show what looks like a yellow bump stop on the shaft. Even some of the photos on the Eibach site show them. Were these suppose to be included? or maybe not? Just wondering, since they're shown in photos. Actually I just read above it says "Included - 2 - Polyurethane Elastomer Bump Stops"

Last question, the coilovers came set to about 1.2" of thread showing a the bottom. Any idea what ride height this will give me on a stock no weight added 4R ORP. I've seen some approximate height on the Eibach ProLift according to ring position. On the coilovers there's no info at all in the instructions. It would be nice to get them in the ball park before install.

Canít remember ever spending so much $ on something that arrived incomplete and no one seems to have an answer.

Thanks for any help. Sorry to hijack the thread but it's the only 2.0 Coilover one I could find.
1. Apologies for getting bounced around. Our standard protocol is to point people in the direction of their original place of purchase, but this is a special scenario where we had just finished replacement parts and hadn't got them to the vendor in question. This should no longer be an issue, though there will likely be people who have not received the replacement yet. We're handling claims here and the team is aware of the situation, so for anyone reading this, or if you guys see it, please point them our way. They can simply email thallihan@eibach.com with their proof of purchase and shipping info letting us know they didn't get a spanner and will send it out right away.

2. 4Runner kit does not come with bump stop as the vehicle features a chassis mounted bump stop. Below is a picture of the actual part.
PRO-TRUCK Coilover (Front)

3. The coilover kits should be level with the rear factory height out of the box. Every vehicle is different though, and may require additional adjustment.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Saker View Post
Some pics I see bumpstops, some I donít!
Interested to know if they are really supposed to be installed!
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blschaefer1 View Post
I have the front Eibach 2.0 coilovers and load leveling kit in the rear.

The fronts came with a flimsy metal spanner for adjusting but the shop that I had install them bent it while attempting to use it. The out of box setting was too high, so they had to remove them, compress the springs to decrease load, and adjust the collar by hand.

I called Eibach and was placed on a Ďlistí to receive the milled aluminum spanner pictured in their adjustment video. No clue when these will be made available.

My rear setup came with nothing to adjust which Iím not happy about.

Despite this, very happy with the performance of both front and rear. Excellent road manners and no complaints off road either.
You should have received rear adjusters, please drop Tanner or I a line and we'll get you sorted. That being said if you have a 6mm Punch it will do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyhotahs View Post
@mark@eibach :

I'm sure ya'll are busy, but there's a few questions above.

Also:

When are you expecting the Load Leveling Kits to be back in stock? I'm just trying to give you my money, that's all.

Thanks!
our 250 (most popular) kit should be back in stock by end of next week!
Our 200 and 300 kits will be by end of next month.
__________________
__________________
2014 TRD OR, DCSB: Eibach / Magnuson / Nitto / WARN / ARB / Hella / Fifteen52 / Dirt King / Pelfreybilt / Autometer / Pelican / Switchpros
mark@eibach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:37 PM #18
icyhotahs icyhotahs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 113
icyhotahs is on a distinguished road
icyhotahs icyhotahs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 113
icyhotahs is on a distinguished road
Figure I'll ask you @mark@eibach while you're around...

I'm carrying roughly 200 lbs everyday. close to 400 when I travel. I drive a 80/20. Will the 250 be overkill?

Thanks in advance!
icyhotahs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:52 AM #19
Zlots Zlots is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SoCal
Posts: 30
Zlots is on a distinguished road
Zlots Zlots is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SoCal
Posts: 30
Zlots is on a distinguished road
Hey Mark,


Thanks for the reply. I spoke with Tanner a couple weeks ago and he took care of me. He also helped me with a set of rear shocks that never showed up from the place I ordered.

As far as ride height, you might want to check into this before you recommend out of the box being "level". I've got a 3 month old TRD ORP with kdss. Installed on front with 1.2" of thread showing below adjusting ring. The only weight I have is a set of sliders. My front end was MUCH higher than back. I stopped at 6 turns down from that and my front was 1/4 to 1/2" higher in front. I left it like this hoping for a little settling. Meanwhile a week later the pro rear shocks came in. They're MUCH harder to compress than stock ones. They actually slightly lifted my rear, so at half tank everything is as close to level as I can get it. I've got both fronts set the same and it only leans depends on how much gas I have in the tank.

BTW, no one really mentions ride quality. I've gone from all stock, to Eibach front only, to Eibachs all around. It's rides considerably better on the Eibachs. Haven't done much offroad yet, but on road they've firmer handling yet softer over bumps. There's a road I test ride on with 4 speed bumps in a row. Hitting them at 10-20-30-40mph is a night and day difference.

Last edited by Zlots; 03-19-2021 at 08:24 AM.
Zlots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 04:47 AM #20
Sky Sky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SC/NC
Posts: 234
Sky will become famous soon enough Sky will become famous soon enough
Sky Sky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SC/NC
Posts: 234
Sky will become famous soon enough Sky will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark@eibach View Post
They can simply email thallihan@eibach.com with their proof of purchase and shipping info letting us know they didn't get a spanner and will send it out right away.
So has anyone received the fancy "milled aluminum spanner"?

Having been pleased with the 1.0's on my 4R, I bought the 2.0 coilovers for my F150, and finally after more than month waiting got the new spanner- but it is steel with a welded on pin of the proper size.

Seems to me the curve of the spanner should match the diameter of the preload adjuster part. It does not.

Haven't gottten around to installing yet, going to be very displeased if the latest spanner won't turn the adjusters.
__________________
2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
2011 FJ Cruiser TRD

1974 FJ40 (wish I still had it)

Last edited by Sky; 03-19-2021 at 04:50 AM.
Sky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:00 PM #21
mark@eibach's Avatar
mark@eibach mark@eibach is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 88
mark@eibach will become famous soon enough
mark@eibach mark@eibach is offline
Member
mark@eibach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 88
mark@eibach will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyhotahs View Post
Figure I'll ask you @mark@eibach while you're around...

I'm carrying roughly 200 lbs everyday. close to 400 when I travel. I drive a 80/20. Will the 250 be overkill?

Thanks in advance!
I think 250 is the sweet spot, and I would personally go with that option for your scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
So has anyone received the fancy "milled aluminum spanner"?

Having been pleased with the 1.0's on my 4R, I bought the 2.0 coilovers for my F150, and finally after more than month waiting got the new spanner- but it is steel with a welded on pin of the proper size.

Seems to me the curve of the spanner should match the diameter of the preload adjuster part. It does not.

Haven't gottten around to installing yet, going to be very displeased if the latest spanner won't turn the adjusters.
The billet wrench will be available for purchase in May.
__________________
__________________
2014 TRD OR, DCSB: Eibach / Magnuson / Nitto / WARN / ARB / Hella / Fifteen52 / Dirt King / Pelfreybilt / Autometer / Pelican / Switchpros
mark@eibach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:35 PM #22
Da Runna Da Runna is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: S.E. Mi
Posts: 5
Da Runna is on a distinguished road
Da Runna Da Runna is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: S.E. Mi
Posts: 5
Da Runna is on a distinguished road
I too bought this setup and did receive a spanner wrench. Shop had listed that it wasnít included but was. I bought 1Ē rear springs also. Rear shocks showed up late but there was no mention that they were on back order when bought. It was only like a week later and I installed with rear tires on, sitting on the ground no big deal. Definitely rides better, rear shocks definitely firmer than stock. Front coils out of the box had to be almost 3Ē lift. Got the front end of the ground, removed tires and adjusted easy enough. Canít compare much came from the Jeep world.
Da Runna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:03 AM #23
Zlots Zlots is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SoCal
Posts: 30
Zlots is on a distinguished road
Zlots Zlots is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SoCal
Posts: 30
Zlots is on a distinguished road
FYI, I was able to adjust mine without removing the tires. Jack up the front, turn wheel to one side and adjust. It takes a bit effort to get it moving, but once you get a feel it's not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Runna View Post
I too bought this setup and did receive a spanner wrench. Shop had listed that it wasnít included but was. I bought 1Ē rear springs also. Rear shocks showed up late but there was no mention that they were on back order when bought. It was only like a week later and I installed with rear tires on, sitting on the ground no big deal. Definitely rides better, rear shocks definitely firmer than stock. Front coils out of the box had to be almost 3Ē lift. Got the front end of the ground, removed tires and adjusted easy enough. Canít compare much came from the Jeep world.
Zlots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:08 AM #24
Zlots Zlots is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SoCal
Posts: 30
Zlots is on a distinguished road
Zlots Zlots is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: SoCal
Posts: 30
Zlots is on a distinguished road
I've got KDSS so they're plenty of room to get to the adjusting ring.

Eibach 5th Gen 2.0 Coilover Kit-img_0924-jpg
Zlots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:24 AM #25
blschaefer1 blschaefer1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 38
blschaefer1 is on a distinguished road
blschaefer1 blschaefer1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 38
blschaefer1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlots View Post
Hey Mark,


Thanks for the reply. I spoke with Tanner a couple weeks ago and he took care of me. He also helped me with a set of rear shocks that never showed up from the place I ordered.

As far as ride height, you might want to check into this before you recommend out of the box being "level". I've got a 3 month old TRD ORP with kdss. Installed on front with 1.2" of thread showing below adjusting ring. The only weight I have is a set of sliders. My front end was MUCH higher than back. I stopped at 6 turns down from that and my front was 1/4 to 1/2" higher in front. I left it like this hoping for a little settling. Meanwhile a week later the pro rear shocks came in. They're MUCH harder to compress than stock ones. They actually slightly lifted my rear, so at half tank everything is as close to level as I can get it. I've got both fronts set the same and it only leans depends on how much gas I have in the tank.

BTW, no one really mentions ride quality. I've gone from all stock, to Eibach front only, to Eibachs all around. It's rides considerably better on the Eibachs. Haven't done much offroad yet, but on road they've firmer handling yet softer over bumps. There's a road I test ride on with 4 speed bumps in a row. Hitting them at 10-20-30-40mph is a night and day difference.
For what itís worth, this was my experience as well. Installed the front 2.0ís with the rear stock as I was waiting for the Eibachís load leveling kit to get back in stock. Out of the box the fronts were WAY too high and needed to be backed down to about six threads showing to be approximately level. If only doing the fronts, my suggestion would be to start there before installing.

I also echo the comments regarding ride quality. Road manners greatly improved despite the added height. No more body lean and nose dive. Great off road as well.
blschaefer1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:08 PM #26
icyhotahs icyhotahs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 113
icyhotahs is on a distinguished road
icyhotahs icyhotahs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 113
icyhotahs is on a distinguished road
@mark@eibach so stoked for this week. will the initial release be available at all vendors? or just eibach?
icyhotahs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:37 PM #27
icyhotahs icyhotahs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 113
icyhotahs is on a distinguished road
icyhotahs icyhotahs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 113
icyhotahs is on a distinguished road
Received yesterday @mark@eibach ... and installed yesterday. Little stiff on my end, and still working measurements out. Look for it to sit at 2" with running 200lb/static. I set it at 26mm and am pretty happy!
icyhotahs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:31 AM #28
f-it f-it is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sac, CA
Posts: 33
f-it is on a distinguished road
f-it f-it is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sac, CA
Posts: 33
f-it is on a distinguished road
Finally joining the club and will be doing my first mod to my 5th Gen with the 2.0 coilovers and the rear leveling kit. Shout out to Tanner at Eibach for setting me up. Eibach was out of stock like everyone else for the fronts and rears load leveling kit. I found that Stage 3 Motorsports had the fronts in stock and I got those 4 days after ordering. Eibach had the rear shocks in stock and I got them 2 days after ordering. FedEx tracking says my rear leveling kit left Eibach 4/7 and I am expecting it tomorrow. Iím exciting and will post pics as soon as I get it all installed.
Attached Images
Eibach 5th Gen 2.0 Coilover Kit-26a0bd5d-44e4-460c-b0c4-1dd46e8ddad0-jpeg 
__________________
2000 4runner Sr5 with Tundra 199 brakes taco wip- Sold
2014 4runner TE premium-EIBACH PRO-TRUCK-COILOVER 2.0 and REAR LOAD-LEVELING-SYSTEM. Front at about 1.5 rear at 2 inches.
f-it is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:23 AM #29
DeepSea's Avatar
DeepSea DeepSea is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 483
Real Name: Nate
DeepSea is on a distinguished road
DeepSea DeepSea is offline
Member
DeepSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 483
Real Name: Nate
DeepSea is on a distinguished road
Same here on the 2.0 and agree with everyone, out of the box they're almost at 3" but I had no idea initially and cranked them another inch! Needless to say, the down travel was definitely maxed out so we dialed it back in to 2.75"
Ride quality is better than the original Bilstein TRD PRO I had in there. Here is the video:

__________________

2016 Quicksand TRDP, Eibach 2.0 PRO Kit, 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak MT, 17x9 SCS F5, Prinsu Roof Rack, Canvas Back, Weathertech
Build: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...ld-hawaii.html

Filmmaker: https://www.youtube.com/user/freedomriding Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/freedomedia/[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DeepSea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:56 PM #30
DBURR556 DBURR556 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: SURPRISE
Posts: 1
DBURR556 is on a distinguished road
DBURR556 DBURR556 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: SURPRISE
Posts: 1
DBURR556 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-it View Post
Finally joining the club and will be doing my first mod to my 5th Gen with the 2.0 coilovers and the rear leveling kit. Shout out to Tanner at Eibach for setting me up. Eibach was out of stock like everyone else for the fronts and rears load leveling kit. I found that Stage 3 Motorsports had the fronts in stock and I got those 4 days after ordering. Eibach had the rear shocks in stock and I got them 2 days after ordering. FedEx tracking says my rear leveling kit left Eibach 4/7 and I am expecting it tomorrow. Iím exciting and will post pics as soon as I get it all installed.
Lucky GUY ! I ordered my kit from Stage3 and still haven't received my rears!
DBURR556 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5th , coilover , eibachs , height , off-road

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OME 883 vs Eibach 620 RCFJ 5th gen T4Rs 7 08-09-2020 06:50 AM
Top of coilover seems off SteelStacks 5th gen T4Rs 3 05-30-2017 12:45 PM
[SOLD] FS: 3" ID Eibach Coilover Coils - Colorado - $75 +S JWaldz For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 9 12-05-2016 12:49 PM
WTB 4th gen coilover bisonrunner For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 1 01-26-2015 01:58 AM
FS: Eibach 2.5" 700lb/in coilover springs 12" Length - SF Bay Area - $80 Troymclure For Sale: Suspension/Wheels/Tires 5 07-26-2014 01:15 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020