User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2021, 02:05 PM #31
jetmechG550 jetmechG550 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Brownsburg
Posts: 18
jetmechG550 is on a distinguished road
jetmechG550 jetmechG550 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Brownsburg
Posts: 18
jetmechG550 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraic View Post
Is there much of a difference between the awnings when it comes to material, or are they pretty much the same? Right now I'm deciding between the ROAM and Ironman, with me leaning ROAM 8' right now. I'm hoping whatever I get holds up well to the weather since we'll be camping a lot with it.
Between the Ironman and Roam, not really, I think they use the same grade ripstop. When you get into the cheaper awnings though, fuhgedaboutit, most use cheap ripstop like nylon that's like tissue paper
jetmechG550 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:06 PM #32
Mr_Bingley Mr_Bingley is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 19
Mr_Bingley is on a distinguished road
Mr_Bingley Mr_Bingley is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 19
Mr_Bingley is on a distinguished road
I have the 2500x2500 arb with the fully enclosed tent room. love it to death. it's big enough where my Bride and i can sleep on cots inside away from bugs. Sure, it looks a little like I'm jousting when I drive around but I don't care lol
Mr_Bingley is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:16 PM #33
El Dusty's Avatar
El Dusty El Dusty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 211
El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about
El Dusty El Dusty is offline
Member
El Dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 211
El Dusty has a spectacular aura about El Dusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraic View Post
Is there much of a difference between the awnings when it comes to material, or are they pretty much the same? Right now I'm deciding between the ROAM and Ironman, with me leaning ROAM 8' right now. I'm hoping whatever I get holds up well to the weather since we'll be camping a lot with it.
On Paper they are very similar. Canvases are both 280gsm ripstop with UV rating. Very similar as far as sizes and shapes of the poles and extrusions they use. PVC bags are specified differently but probably the same. I will say the PVC bag on the ROAM is really thick and impressive quality overall. Zippers stay in place and have held up and still look like new after a years of abuse.

One comment on the ROAM, if trying to set up solo never let go of the rolled up extrusion as you are setting it up. Keep it supported / in your hand until you have all the pipes secured to it. I bent one of the horizontal pipes and locating rods at the end on my first go. Still functions but bent up slightly
El Dusty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:12 PM #34
Brick Sprickly's Avatar
Brick Sprickly Brick Sprickly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: PNW
Posts: 564
Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice
Brick Sprickly Brick Sprickly is offline
Member
Brick Sprickly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: PNW
Posts: 564
Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bingley View Post
I have the 2500x2500 arb with the fully enclosed tent room. love it to death. it's big enough where my Bride and i can sleep on cots inside away from bugs. Sure, it looks a little like I'm jousting when I drive around but I don't care lol
Best part about the 2500 is that the overhang actually covers the front part of the door from rain when ajar.
__________________
2019 TRD Pro Voodoo Blue "Cobra Commander"
Brick Sprickly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:45 PM #35
Padraic Padraic is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 15
Padraic is on a distinguished road
Padraic Padraic is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 15
Padraic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dusty View Post
On Paper they are very similar. Canvases are both 280gsm ripstop with UV rating. Very similar as far as sizes and shapes of the poles and extrusions they use. PVC bags are specified differently but probably the same. I will say the PVC bag on the ROAM is really thick and impressive quality overall. Zippers stay in place and have held up and still look like new after a years of abuse.

One comment on the ROAM, if trying to set up solo never let go of the rolled up extrusion as you are setting it up. Keep it supported / in your hand until you have all the pipes secured to it. I bent one of the horizontal pipes and locating rods at the end on my first go. Still functions but bent up slightly
Awesome - thanks! The only dilemma now is to purchase now or hope for a Memorial Day sale
Padraic is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:13 PM #36
mocat16 mocat16 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 23
mocat16 will become famous soon enough
mocat16 mocat16 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 23
mocat16 will become famous soon enough
is it possible to mount the Ironman quick release brackets to a Yakima Loadwarrior cargo basket?
__________________
2016 SR5P, Bilstein 5100 (0.85"/stock), Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70/17
mocat16 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:55 PM #37
justanothereric justanothereric is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 48
justanothereric is on a distinguished road
justanothereric justanothereric is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 48
justanothereric is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Sprickly View Post
Best part about the 2500 is that the overhang actually covers the front part of the door from rain when ajar.
Would you happen to know if the 8ft ROAM one would as well?
justanothereric is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:36 PM #38
Brick Sprickly's Avatar
Brick Sprickly Brick Sprickly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: PNW
Posts: 564
Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice
Brick Sprickly Brick Sprickly is offline
Member
Brick Sprickly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: PNW
Posts: 564
Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice Brick Sprickly is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothereric View Post
Would you happen to know if the 8ft ROAM one would as well?
The '2500' for the ARB refers to millimeters since its Australia, and that converts to 8.2021 feet so mine is going to be slightly longer there.

You could always move it forward on the rack since you wouldn't need it so much on the rear of the vehicle for that reason but to each their own.
__________________
2019 TRD Pro Voodoo Blue "Cobra Commander"
Brick Sprickly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
$25 , awning , extra , idk , ironman4x4

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awning question- Dobinson awning Fermn 5th gen T4Rs 6 04-14-2021 09:25 AM
ARB awning owners, did you go 2000 or 2500? phx4rnr 5th gen T4Rs 59 03-03-2020 06:34 PM
FS: ARB 2000 awning, fortreks mounts, and awning screen room. $300 for all. Local pur 08runnertjb For Sale: Non-T4R Items 1 09-04-2019 01:37 AM
Yakima slim shady awning brackets for arb awning? Brimonahan 5th gen T4Rs 2 05-08-2019 01:19 AM
FS: ARB 2000 Awning + LabRak Awning Brackets - Richmond, Va cspicer For Sale: Non-T4R Items 12 09-25-2018 10:22 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020