User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2024, 11:33 AM #1
Duhockey's Avatar
Duhockey Duhockey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado refugee in Idaho
Age: 43
Posts: 2,466
Duhockey will become famous soon enough
Duhockey Duhockey is offline
Senior Member
Duhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado refugee in Idaho
Age: 43
Posts: 2,466
Duhockey will become famous soon enough
Recognize this lift?

23" middle of hub to fender on the rear,
22" middle of the hub to fender on the front.

Notice the paint markings on the rear springs... Is that exclusive to one type of lift?

Also note, I'm not seeing that the fronts are adjustable like say a toytec. Also front springs on the coilovers seem more black than silver..

Thoughts?
Attached Images
Recognize this lift?-unknown-2-jpg  Recognize this lift?-unknown-jpg  Recognize this lift?-unknown-3-jpg 
__________________
2010 Trail edition w/KDSS, 07 SR5 V8 Build Thread- SOLD, 96 SR5 Build Thread-SOLD

Last edited by Duhockey; 01-19-2024 at 11:48 AM.
Duhockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:17 PM #2
jdm-v35 jdm-v35 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 761
jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough
jdm-v35 jdm-v35 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 761
jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhockey View Post
23" middle of hub to fender on the rear,
22" middle of the hub to fender on the front.

Notice the paint markings on the rear springs... Is that exclusive to one type of lift?

Also note, I'm not seeing that the fronts are adjustable like say a toytec. Also front springs on the coilovers seem more black than silver..

Thoughts?
those paint markings indicate oem springs. it's just bilstein 5100 shocks and the front perches are probably just adjusted up at the .75" mark with oem springs to level it. If the front 5100's are not adjusted to be on the bottom ring-clip perch, then its lifted just using that adjustment(on OEM springs). Look at the top of the rear spring to see if there is any spacer other than the OEM rubber spring seat. That would be the only way the rear is lifted.
__________________
2018 TRD ORP w/ Magnuson

Last edited by jdm-v35; 01-19-2024 at 12:20 PM.
jdm-v35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:48 PM #3
Duhockey's Avatar
Duhockey Duhockey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado refugee in Idaho
Age: 43
Posts: 2,466
Duhockey will become famous soon enough
Duhockey Duhockey is offline
Senior Member
Duhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado refugee in Idaho
Age: 43
Posts: 2,466
Duhockey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm-v35 View Post
those paint markings indicate oem springs. it's just bilstein 5100 shocks and the front perches are probably just adjusted up at the .75" mark with oem springs to level it. If the front 5100's are not adjusted to be on the bottom ring-clip perch, then its lifted just using that adjustment(on OEM springs). Look at the top of the rear spring to see if there is any spacer other than the OEM rubber spring seat. That would be the only way the rear is lifted.
huh, gotcha. I dont think theres anything on the rear spring other than the normal OEM bump stop. I was under the impression stock was 20" hub to fender on 5th gens? So i thought this was a 3" rear, 2" front lift setup. But yeah, I remember from the 3rd Gens that Toyota paints their springs similarly. I thought maybe someone else had borrowed that cadence.

When I am next to a stock 5th gen, I definitely feel a few inches taller (like I did in my 3rd and 4th gens) and it looks nearly the same height as runners I suspected to be lifted. Ill have to find someone lifted and compare side by side. Theres probably a dozen lifted 5th gens in my church parking lot lol

Maybe Ill crawl under there again today and take a better look. Its been so cold and wet lately I havent wanted to really get under there to see properly.
__________________
2010 Trail edition w/KDSS, 07 SR5 V8 Build Thread- SOLD, 96 SR5 Build Thread-SOLD
Duhockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 01:47 PM #4
jdm-v35 jdm-v35 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 761
jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough
jdm-v35 jdm-v35 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 761
jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough jdm-v35 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhockey View Post
huh, gotcha. I dont think theres anything on the rear spring other than the normal OEM bump stop. I was under the impression stock was 20" hub to fender on 5th gens? So i thought this was a 3" rear, 2" front lift setup. But yeah, I remember from the 3rd Gens that Toyota paints their springs similarly. I thought maybe someone else had borrowed that cadence.

When I am next to a stock 5th gen, I definitely feel a few inches taller (like I did in my 3rd and 4th gens) and it looks nearly the same height as runners I suspected to be lifted. Ill have to find someone lifted and compare side by side. Theres probably a dozen lifted 5th gens in my church parking lot lol

Maybe Ill crawl under there again today and take a better look. Its been so cold and wet lately I havent wanted to really get under there to see properly.
I don't know of any with marking on them like that except OEM to indicate side and orientation. all the aftermarket ones I have seen have a brand and part# on them or just a printed tag on them.
__________________
2018 TRD ORP w/ Magnuson
jdm-v35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 01:27 PM #5
AZ4Running's Avatar
AZ4Running AZ4Running is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 708
Real Name: Neal
AZ4Running is on a distinguished road
AZ4Running AZ4Running is offline
Member
AZ4Running's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 708
Real Name: Neal
AZ4Running is on a distinguished road
Those are stock rear springs for sure. Not sure on the fronts though, stock normally also have paint dots. Looks like is just leveled in the front with the 5100s.
__________________
2012 SR5P 4x4, 2018 TRD Pro front bumper conversion, Auxito LED head light bulbs, Ironman 4x4 Nitro lift with OME 888X front springs, RSO Suspension upper control arms, RSO Suspension prototype skid plates, DX4 Beast wheels, led ditch lights and brackets from Amazon, blacked out emblems, Victory roof rack, CTH ladder, more to come. Previous Rigs. 1997 SR5 4x4 no lockers, Trail Gear sliders, OME 881 890 lift and shocks, Magnaflow muffler, Airaid Jr intake, CBI ditch light brackets, Ebay led spot lights, 265/75R16 AT tires. 1996 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 2.7L MT bone stock on 32's.
AZ4Running is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fender , hub , lift , middle , springs

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone recognize this?? Ashura 3rd gen T4Rs 5 11-27-2020 08:26 PM
Another one! anyone recognize this 3rd gen? 4ranna 3rd gen T4Rs 16 12-20-2017 08:44 AM
Anyone recognize this 3rd Gen? ghostmoney 3rd gen T4Rs 12 01-10-2017 12:17 PM
Anyone recognize this? badduc 4th Gen T4Rs 5 07-16-2015 09:45 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020