Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 12:45 AM

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by driffter33 View Post
I scrapped the trail gear sliders because I got the 58" ones WAY to short for the 3rd gen if you get the 67" you would be ok but I really like the way the 66" 4xinovations with kick out fit. The trail gear quality was great however.

In my opinion all sliders should be sold with the legs and frame plates NOT welded to the slider this way you can set the angle and distance from the frame where YOU want it, not where someone else thinks it should be.

as far as welding them on we could probably work something out on weekend keep in mind you have to paint them after fitting them up and welding the legs on but befor welding the legs to the frame . so it takes all day by the time you wait for paint to dry and all that.
Hmm.. well, I wouldn't mind getting the whole thing welded on unpainted and I could always paint them all in one swoop when I get back home. I'd hate to take your whole day. I have another friend I might ask to help, but just because someone knows how to weld doesn't necessarily mean they can install sliders. I know that you know how to do it.

I don't think I'll be ordering the kick outs, but I haven't quite yet decided. I have the money ready and I will order them soon. I'd like to find a definite installer, exact pricing, etc, beforehand. I'll keep you posted, and thanks for your reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2sun View Post
That would be cool, hope you get it done in time for the run!

COB,
Driffter and I decided to get the 4xinnovs together because we were both unhappy wih the TG sliders and we both scratched the crap out of our rear doors because they didn't span long enough. Driffter came up with the brilliant idea of sleeving the legs with smaller diameter pipe to connect the old legs (we left 1/2 of the length of them on there) to the new ones, which also happens to make the legs about twice as strong too since they have double-walled thickness.

You would be fine with the 67" TGs, but not only are the kick-outs useful, I actually think they look better on the truck (and would on yours too). Driffter and I did a group buy to save a little on the shipping. The TGs were like $160 or $170 shipped, but the 4xinnov price is without shipping. If you get HREW, they'll be ~$230; DOM would be ~$280 (that's for the ones with kickouts). So the TGs are cheaper, but they are also made in China (although like Driffter said, they are good quality).
That's a good bit of info, I am glad you told me such.

I do like the idea of the added strength of DOM, but it doesn't seem I need it. Although... a big reason of buying these is for side impact strength (It's my fear, getting hit from the side).

Did you guys get the HREW or DOM? The extra $50 may or may not be worth it and I'd like to make sure I spend wisely, considering installation is still a factor. I wish I could see what the kick outs would look like on my 4Runner... I'm warming up to it since it looks like a fantastic way to roof access. I just don't want it to be the one weird thing sticking off the side of my 4Runner all goofylike since I have 32s and no flares

IG: @jimharb | YouTube | '99 Limited 2WD |
'99 4Runner - 2.7L 3RZ-FE - TRD S/C - 4WD Conversion + R150F 5-Speed Swap - Imperial Jade Mica on Oak
'87 4Runner Turbo - 2.4L 22R-TE - CT-26 Supra Turbo - W56 5-Speed Swap - Red on Red
'90 4Runner 2-Door - 3.0L 3VZ-E - Auto to R150F 5-Speed Swap - Red on Gray
'94 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 2JZ-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - Imperial Jade Mica on Black
'89 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 7M-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - White Package on Blue
'89 Pickup DLX 2WD - 2.4L 22R-E - W55 5-Speed - White on Blue

Last edited by ChildrenOfBodom; 09-23-2010 at 12:49 AM.
ChildrenOfBodom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote