Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:23 PM

grosse14 is on a distinguished road

grosse14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Boz View Post
I have a good one here.
I have an 04 SR5 V6 w/ 134,000 miles on it. I started it up one day and it shook pretty good for about 30 seconds and then went away. the CEL and VSC/TRAC off lights came on and stayed on. I drove it to work, everything was fine. Started it after 8 hrs. same thing shake for 30 sec. then runs fine. Pulled codes and had a #6 cylinder miss-fire. Changed Plugs. She ran fine for 2 days and then the same thing started. pulled code again , same thing. Swapped #6 coil pack with #4. ran for 2 days problem returned. pulled code #4 miss-fire!!!! yaa problem solved!! not quite. Put #4 pack back on #4 and changed #6 coil pack with new. Ran fine last night. Started it up this morning engine shake again for 30 seconds and CEL blinked for a couple of seconds and then went out, engine drove fine. What the heck??? Same exact problem. I will pull code again once it stays on. What would cause the eninge to shake (like a cylinder isn't firing) for 30 seconds (give or take a couple) and then run fine. No noticable loss of power. gas cap tight, just passed emmisions. I am lost on this one. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, one more thing. when the CEL was cleared why didn't the VSC/TRAC off light go out? Those are the only light that won't go out. Then come on as soon as the vehicle moves. It stays out for as long as the engine is running and you haven't moved when you first start it up. PLEASE HELP!!!
Did you resolve your issue. I have similar observations on my 4-runner. I have 2004 with 140,000 with the CEL coming on for the last 6-9 months or so. I also have some intermittent rough idle when I start it about 5-10 seconds. The dealer has suggested gasket and inspection of valves Please keep the posts coming, as I’m very interested in what fixes your problems.
grosse14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote