Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 PM

achen is on a distinguished road

achen is on a distinguished road
Poor Fuel Mileage

Hello All,

I need some help here. I have a 2004 4 runner with about 42,000 miles on it. Lately, my mileage really sucks and very poor fuel economy. i was wodnering what i can do to boost fuel efficiency. What if any maintenance i need to do on this truc? The only maintenenace i did ont his truck so far is just oil change, spark plus cabin ari filter and engine filter. Do i need to change the transmission fluid, do a fuel system flush, engine coollant flush, throttle body flush, etc. Are any of the fluid flush cleaning necessary for the 4 runner? I don't know how everyone maintain their 4runners. For example i get about 180-200 miles per hald gallon. About 340-350 for a full tank. Is that considered good? I just don't know if i need to do any maintenance service as the manual doesnt list that many only oil change and spark plugs every 30k miles. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
achen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote