Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 04:13 PM

mjfrank is an unknown quantity at this point

mjfrank is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by carina71
Okay,

sounds like we all have the same rmmm rmmm rmmm at about 70 to 75 mph. Yet, my last long drive had a lot of hills, and I noticed it as I was climbing them, but not descending, that I heard that familiar rythm. Then I noticed that it REALLY occurs when the engine rpms are between 2000 and 2500. someone wrote about this earlier but I cannot find the thread.
That was me, in this thread, about five or six posts above yours.

I think you are on the right track here, as I got basically the same results at about the same RPM. I wonder if this sound is similar to the 2000 RPM drone that people were complaining about with the Borla exhaust system? I'd really like to know if there is anyone with a Borla or TRD exhaust that also has this problem. If it doesn't happen with the aftermarket exhaust, maybe I could finally convice my wife that I need to get one.

I don't know if this is exclusive to the V8 models either, because I have read about the Prado having almost this exact problem, and they are only offered with the V6 or a diesel option.

I wish I could just stay home on really cold days, but my boss might get a little pissed after a week or so.

I'm really not bothered by the problem that much anyway, I don't often drive above 70. Plus, at one time I drove a 6" lifted Jeep Wrangler every day, and that shook and vibrated at any speed, so I'm kind of used to it.

I still love my 4R, and I hope Toyota steps up to the plate on this eventually.
  • Homelink
  • Scion/Pioneer CD/MP3 stereo
  • AUX-BOX Aux input
  • TRD Dual Exhaust
mjfrank is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote