Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 03:23 PM

bnae is on a distinguished road

bnae is on a distinguished road
help

I have an '04 SR5, Runner. I had the CEL and VSC Trac lights come on on Friday. Dropped it off to a dealership Monday and was told my front catalytic converter needed to be replaced to the tune of $1100.00. What I have read on this site, most everyones challeges were gas cap, O2 sensor, etc not CAT. My brother is a mechanic, not close to me or I would have gone to him, and first thing he said it sounded like was an O2 sensor without even looking at the truck or knowing what the the stealership told me. I know that I'm not the most car savvy and I am a women, but this seemed outrageous to me.

They also said that my ground cable on the battery had torn away due to the harness on the battery breaking off and that I was lucky I didn't have a massive electrical meltdown of the system and that would need to be fixed since the truck was inoperatable. That is supposed to be $75, parts and labor but I'm thinking that this may also reset the CEL- or at least that is what I am praying for!

Any thoughts? advice?
bnae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote