Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 04:31 PM

stockrunner is on a distinguished road

stockrunner is on a distinguished road
Another option is solid, folder, cardboard

Although I think the method shown is quite elegant, I decided to go a simpler, free, route and fold some sturdy cardboard into a U-shape that fits in the space.

My issue was that I wanted to use the electrical plug and aux radio input (stupidly) located at the bottom of the console bucket. So, I got cables for both that had 90 degree angles on the plugs - which is key, then the folded cardboard fit right up behind it.

In the 2nd photo you can see how the 6 foot power cable (hard to find with angled plug - I got at Radio shack, wish they had a 2 ft version) folds up nicely on the left (drivers) side of the bucket without becoming a tangled mess with the rest of the console bucket. The cord has a twistee tying it neatly together except for the last 6-8 inches that can easily come out when needed, then shoved in when not. Similarly, the audio cable is just long enough to reach my iPhone when sitting on the tray on top of the console.

You can even get fancy with the cardboard and make a removable box out of it, and/or split the compartment into 2 sections. Just make sure to use the sturdy type of cardboard.
Attached Images
My solution to organizing the center console "bucket"-photo1-jpg  My solution to organizing the center console "bucket"-photo2-jpg