Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:02 PM

cadolfan is an unknown quantity at this point

cadolfan is an unknown quantity at this point
So I'm driving the other day and notice my antenna mast is hanging. I pull off to the side of the road and sure enough it's dangling there. So I turn the radio on and take off the mast. It was weird because the black guide was still there and the chrome nut was still screwed on. I didn't have time to take a further look at it because I was on my way to work. So I just put the mast in the car and drove off. Well when I got home I reinstalled the mast no problem but noticed that the black guide had fallen off sometime between the drive back home. No problem called the dealer and went down to pick up another black guide ($7). I unscrew the chrome nut pop the guide in and screw the chrome nut back on. So I'm wondering how did the mast come off in the first place. Well as I was tightening the chrome nut on I noticed that it won't tighten all the way so the threads on the power antenna must be stripped that's the only thing I can think of and must be why the antenna came off in the first place.

Anybody have any I ideas on how to secure the antenna. I guess I should examine it a little further to determine if the threads from the power antenna assembly are stripped or the chrome nut.
cadolfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote