Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 PM

GonOvr is on a distinguished road

GonOvr is on a distinguished road
Good Morning Korea... Actually thats a lie it's never a good morning here.
Moving forward to powertrain!
Might as well start with the engine. I decided a good ol 383 was in order for this build. I wanted goobs of low end torque with plenty of High End HP
Block:3970010 High nickel casting, most sought cast iron 350 block. This one happens to be out of a '69 Camaro (sorry Camaro guys) 4-bolt main.
Full forged, Full roller
Lunati rowdy idle bump stick (cam)
Cloyes adjustable timing gears, chain, and cover
Canfield monster valve aluminum heads (ported & Polished).
Weiand single plane high rise manifold (ported & Polished)
Proform Race 850 Carb
Sanderson Headers (Port Matched)
MSD Ignition (6AL)
March Serpentine Conversion

For powertrain conversion i went with Advance Adapters. I only used bolt in motor mount adapters for the engine.
I did have to "massage" the firewall very little. I had to dimple the hump right by where the A/C lines go into the firewall to give the passenger side valve cover some room. I also used Big Block motor mounts to get the engine alittle lower in the engine bay.

Now for the Transmission
This was a 2wd Th400 that I converted to a 4wd trans (replaced tailshaft and removed tail cone).
It has a full manual reverse valve body, all the moving parts are billet and kevlar, TCI torque converter, deep aluminum pan.

installed, this is about where the transmission will sit complete, as you can see there is plenty room all around... again thanks to the body lift. When doing a conversion like this make sure your transmission pan is level with the ground. alittle angle is ok but dont get crazy.

Next up is the T-Case
I chose an Atlas II because they are Bad-A$$ and are Me proof.
This one gets a Two-Speed 4.3 Case with upgraded shafts and 1350 1-Ton Yokes.

I used advance adapters Th400 to Atlas adapter since it is their T-case.
I had to clock the T-case down 25* to get it to fit. Even with the body lift there isnt much room for this hunk of billet.
I used a toyota 4cyl cross member and modified (more metal and welding) it to accept my new mount bushing.
You probably seeing tires on, well i didnt have any other pictures but dont worry i'm coming back to that.

Coming up next Tires, Wheels, and Rear Axle.
GonOvr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote