Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:43 PM

simple will become famous soon enough

simple will become famous soon enough
Well, I don't know if mine were frozen at 80k, but one pad was worn down 1/4" more on both sides than the other. I changed the calipers on the front, and all the rotors and pads. I REALLY wanted OEM pads, but the dealership tried to charge me $130 for the front pads alone. The next nearest dealer is 50mi away, and since I'm moving across the nation couldn't wait to order through partznet. So I ended up going with Wagner thermoquiets. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I found this job really easy compared to how worried I was about it. Especially since I forgot my instructions at home. Thank God for my smart phone! I also saved $650, which is what the same dealer wanted to charge for labor alone. And no more shakes from the steering wheel when I brake!

happy I got this done.

Stanley, to bleed, start at the rear right, rear left, front right, front left for the order. Grab a bottle and put a little brake fluid in there. Then have someone turn the power on to the car but not the engine. Hook your tube up to the bleed nozzle and have the other end in the bottle with it in the brake fluid. Then crack the bleed screw open with a wrench about a quarter turn. Have your buddy pump the brakes until its solid fluid with no bubble of air. Move on to the next one. I kept getting a brake horn and warning light. I dunno on that one. But make sure you check the resevoir after every wheel to refill it to max.

Last edited by simple; 04-16-2011 at 06:49 PM.
simple is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote